Revis back with the Jets- official

Matt39

Okay, maybe we should void the contract then. 

SOJ fan sob story. Don't reply to me about this, I don't care about your point of view it is defeatist and completely hypothetical.

He was away from the team for two f*cking years. Big deal. He's back. People need to quit crying.

He enters Canton as a Jet, period.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Revis and I think he's great as a NYJ but this is another example of the SoJ.    Idzik basically handed the super bowl to NE by passing on Revis last year and now we are going to pay him stupid $$ to come back.  

it also begs the question, is this a Maccagnan move or is Woody playing GM again? 

And it does not guarantee the Jets anything.  They are just over talented at one position when they need to be talented at a lot of positions.  Having said that, it is a relief.  It will relieve a lot of board whining and we can get on with the business of trying to build an entire team.

#RevisOrBust

honestly , best draft pick since Namath.. welcome home .. now let's trade for Brees and go win ourselves a SB

Our Defensive weakness last year? CBs --- Check

Our Offensive Weakness last year? WRs, Guard and QB ---- Check except QB

At this point, If the cap permits, I'd be hunting down the Saints FO for Brees. If not, then pick up Mariotta and take your chances with someone as talented.

No doubt. Looking at the D, we are already pretty impressive on paper. Add 1-2 more impact players and you've got a championship caliber unit. 

Is it possible for Calvin Pryor to get his act together and play at the level to where he was drafted? Is Antonio Allen a legitimate option as a starting NFL Safety for a full season? Is it possible Milliner can return to full health? Can they find an edge rusher in the draft? Those are unfortunately a lot of probable no's but the unit is still good regardless. If by the grace of God those no's become yes then they can be elite. 

#RevisOrBust

honestly , best draft pick since Namath.. welcome home .. now let's trade for Brees and go win ourselves a SB

It's amazing that some of the smartest fans on this site all see this quite simply for what it is. Cut and dry. Go ******* win it. 

$33m for first 2 years, which means a $6m cap hit on guaranteed money in his 3rd year? Given that our nucleus is all playing on rookie contracts the next 2 years, this makes perfect sense. It's a little steep, but he'll anchor our defense and give us a 2-3 window of HOF play, while we get the rest of the roster healthy around him through the draft. 

You CAN win now and build through the draft simultaneously folks. If you have the right leadership.

So it's a three year deal with a ton of upfront $$ guaranteed.

which puts him on pace for a hold out year 2.   as long as he busts his ass and produces I just don't care about the dollars anymore.  

I read the giants paid out $55 million in contracts to 5 guys ...who may not start for them....

Is it possible for Calvin Pryor to get his act together and play at the level to where he was drafted? Is Antonio Allen a legitimate option as a starting NFL Safety for a full season? Is it possible Milliner can return to full health? Can they find an edge rusher in the draft? Those are unfortunately a lot of probable no's but the unit is still good regardless. If by the grace of God those no's become yes then they can be elite. 

It's amazing how much potential talent we have on this roster that is stuck in what if limbo.

Archived