Post Revis, an update on 2015 cap space?

nj meadowlands

Anyone have it?  Much appreciated.. all devices I have are about to combust :)

Wondering the same myself. Jason's site OTC had us at 111,726 before today's moves. We've added Powell, Skrine, Carpenter and Revis. Shrine's deal averages 6.5 and Carpenter's 4.5 so that's about $11M, and Revis is $16M. Haven't seen Powell's #, but it's a one year deal. $3/4M? 

We have a $155M cap with our carryover, so a rough estimate would have us spending $141M, leaving us with about $14M in space? That's probably enough to extend Wilk, sign a few low priced FAs, and cover our draft picks

Wondering the same myself. Jason's site OTC had us at 111,726 before today's moves. We've added Powell, Skrine, Carpenter and Revis. Shrine's deal averages 6.5 and Carpenter's 4.5 so that's about $11M, and Revis is $16M. Haven't seen Powell's #, but it's a one year deal. $3/4M? 

We have a $155M cap with our carryover, so a rough estimate would have us spending $141M, leaving us with about $14M in space? That's probably enough to extend Wilk, sign a few low priced FAs, and cover our draft picks

Depending upon what other opportunities present themselves, I could see some restructuring happening too. 

Depending upon what other opportunities present themselves, I could see some restructuring happening too.

So with 14 million left we still need to address a veteran qb, maybe another rb, depth on the dline, old, lb depth, and a safety. Add in resigning Wilkerson it'll be interesting to see what we do. I see a veteran qb soon and then some veterans on the cheap next week. I'll look and see some diamonds in the rough.

So with 14 million left we still need to address a veteran qb, maybe another rb, depth on the dline, old, lb depth, and a safety. Add in resigning Wilkerson it'll be interesting to see what we do. I see a veteran qb soon and then some veterans on the cheap next week. I'll look and see some diamonds in the rough.

Veteran QB = FA (mid-range contract, probably $4-5m/year)

RB = draft

OLB / LB = draft

Safety = FA (mid-range contract, probably $2-4m/year)

DL depth = FA and draft (small contracts here, $1-2m / year range)

That's kind of how I look at it. We'll see how it plays out, but I think the front office has done nothing but make us better today for the next 3 years or so, without setting us up for cap hell. 

Revis is fully guaranteed this year at 16. They could pro rate it with a minimum base and have it count for as little as 4 this year if they wanted to.

I don't know sh*t about the cap, what do you mean - would this mean they restructure the contract immediately after signing it?

I don't know sh*t about the cap, what do you mean - would this mean they restructure the contract immediately after signing it?

Could mean this was already in the language. We probably won't know until a beat writer confirms that cap space. Unless the Jets did do what he's saying, I'm looking at 18-19 million.

Here's my guess from the Revis thread, but it is just a guess:

Started with ~$65M ($54-55M I think it was, before cutting Harvin and saving $10.5M).

Harris -$7.5M = $57.5M left

Marshall -$7.7M = $50M left

Revis -$16M = $34M left

Powell -$2M = $32M left

Carpenter's and Skline's contracts average $4.75M and $6.25M respectively. But that doesn't mean it's $11M in year 1.
Assume it's $11M for both, because it's not more than that = ~$22M left

I don't know if my starting point is accurate, but it's probably within a couple million of $20M in either direction. Could be closer to $25M if Carpenter and Skline deals are more traditionally structured, where year 1 is a low hit and their pay this year is mostly or significantly from signing bonus.

Or just wait for Jason, lol.

Veteran QB = FA (mid-range contract, probably $4-5m/year)

RB = draft

OLB / LB = draft

Safety = FA (mid-range contract, probably $2-4m/year)

DL depth = FA and draft (small contracts here, $1-2m / year range)

That's kind of how I look at it. We'll see how it plays out, but I think the front office has done nothing but make us better today for the next 3 years or so, without setting us up for cap hell. 

I think after yesterday we can discard the notion of a safety being mid range at 2-4 mill. Searcy just got 6 mill! Mid range for safeties are now about 6 mill,  Rahim Moore will go about 7-8 after yesterday.

Archived