- RB CJ Spiller [3 yrs, 15 million] 

Extend:

- DE Mo Wilkerson [6 yrs, 75 million] 

Release:

- TE Jeff Cumberland [ + 1.9 million]

- OLB Jason Babin [ + 1.7 million]

- WR Chris Owusu [+700k]

Trade:

- CB Dee Milliner to Browns exchange for 3rd round pick [+3.5 million cap space] 

- CB Darin Walls to Bills exchange for 6th round pick [+1.0 million cap space]

Draft:

1. OLB Dante Fowler 

2. OL Cameron Erving 

3. QB Garret Grayson 

3. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu 

4. FS Durell Eskridge 

6. TE Tyler Kroft 

7. OG Adam Sheed 

Go ahead tear it up. Just my wishful thinking. 

Why would you "wish" to cut Chris Owuso?  He looked very good in limited action and is one of the fastest players on the offense.  Dude WHY would any team trade a 3rd for Milliner when he has yet to play one complete season?  No one is playing a 6th round pick for Darin Walls either.   I like your FA and draft but I would like to see us take another receiver at some point.  Marshall is 31 years old and the jury is out on last years picks Evans and Enunwa. 

Milliner tore his achilles. It will be 2 years minimum before he is truly back to form if ever. McDougle is the wild card.

Leon Hall came back from tearing his left achilles in 2011 to play 14 games at a high level in 2012, only to tear his right achilles in 2013 and return to play 15 games at a high level in 2014.  We can't be sure that Milliner will be as lucky, but we can stop acting like it is a death sentence.

Besides the fact that the trades seem senseless to me, I don't think cutting Owusu accomplishes anything.  The cap is based on top 53 contracts or something and he might not even be one.  They'd have to replace Owusu with someone else who would eat up most of that.  It is pretty easy to clear up $10M by monkeying with contracts to make money bonuses.  

Free-Agency:

- QB Ryan Fitzpatrick [1 yr, 4.5 million]

- RB CJ Spiller [3 yrs, 15 million] 

Extend:

- DE Mo Wilkerson [6 yrs, 75 million] 

Release:

- TE Jeff Cumberland [ + 1.9 million]

- OLB Jason Babin [ + 1.7 million]

- WR Chris Owusu [+700k]

Trade:

- CB Dee Milliner to Browns exchange for 3rd round pick [+3.5 million cap space] 

- CB Darin Walls to Bills exchange for 6th round pick [+1.0 million cap space]

Draft:

1. OLB Dante Fowler 

2. OL Cameron Erving 

3. QB Garret Grayson 

3. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu 

4. FS Durell Eskridge 

6. TE Tyler Kroft 

7. OG Adam Sheed 

Go ahead tear it up. Just my wishful thinking. 

We need to spend nearly 100% of our cap because of the CBA and how little we have spent the past 2 years. So cap savings don't interest me when cutting a player.

Cutting Babin makes zero sense. The big name free agent LB's are almost gone, and anyone we draft is unproven.

Too soon to off Milliner, #9 overall picks aren't given up on this quick, especially when they barely play year 2. Trading a top 10 pick after 17 or 18 games played is nuts. Especially when he looked good in a few of them.

Wilkerson deal sounds perfect. I'd be thrilled with those numbers.

Love your first 3 draft picks. I would go with different guys, but those are all good value players in those spots.

Upon further review:  Cutting Owusu would save $660K less whatever they have to pay a replacement.  Dumping Walls would save $1.075M and moving Milliner would net a cap loss of $1.6M because of all the dead money.  They would be lucky for those moves to add up to even on the net cap for 2015.

Archived