2015 Starting QB

bman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People need to get used to the fact Geno Smith is our starting QB.

before Rex/Idzik fired, I'd 100% agree with you. Now its 60/40 for me anyways,,If Fitz comes in here and lights it up (as he WILL, and Geno WONT know Chans playbook) OR if Jets select a QB at #6, I think Geno days may be over as a starter..

People need to get used to the fact Geno Smith is our starting QB.

JIF why would we make all these moves spend all this money and trust all of that on Geno ??? The Jets have to have something in the works and Wilk may very well be a part of that .... Sure I might be reaching but how can anyone trust Geno ?

If Mariota is there at 6, Philly is absolutely trading us Bradford and multiple picks. Sadly I see them trading with TN instead. Philly is ALL IN for Mariota.

If I were Maccagnan and were taking a trade call from Philly, the moment Bradford's name is mentioned I'd hang up the phone.

If I were Maccagnan and were taking a trade call from Philly, the moment Bradford's name is mentioned I'd hang up the phone.

Bradford is better than Geno. Geno is still on his cheap rookie contract. Keep him as #2. But he's not starting in 2015. No way.

Bradford is better than Geno. Geno is still on his cheap rookie contract. Keep him as #2. But he's not starting in 2015. No way.

If healthy, sure.  Problem is, Geno would still be our starter because Bradford can't stay healthy.  We'd be taking on Bradford's contract with the very real possibility of him doing almost nothing for us and still having Geno as the starter.

Jets are going all in this year. Bradford or Glennon or Fitzy will be the starting QB. If the Jets can get Bradford they'll then have two 1st rd picks in 2016 to draft a QB if need be. Makes too much sense. Draft Hundley this year in rd 2 also. Jets NEED QB's!

I read a report saying Washington will not pass on MM. I'm calling smokescreen though.

I don't see them going that route.  They have so many holes on that team that I don't think they can afford to use their first #1 pick in a few years on another QB.

But, then again, you never know with Snyder.

If Mariota is there at 6, Philly is absolutely trading us Bradford and multiple picks. Sadly I see them trading with TN instead. Philly is ALL IN for Mariota.

Good, why would we want Bradford he is always hurt plus he is not good plus his salary is ridiculous. He is like a egg back there, and not as good as Chad P the other egg.

If Mariota is at 6 I think we take him ! We need a qb bad not sure how he grades out with the newcGM. ! What philly gave up fir Bradford they dont have enough to get to 6 !

agree.

What Philly gave up and the way the deal is structured - seems like Bradford is their guy.  They'll try for Mariotta but they're not going to get there.  TN. is taking him anyway.

JIF why would we make all these moves spend all this money and trust all of that on Geno ??? The Jets have to have something in the works and Wilk may very well be a part of that .... Sure I might be reaching but how can anyone trust Geno ?

Funny you say that I have a feeling they are planning on trading Mo Wilk

I'm for signing Fitzpatrick (if only to have a smart guy that can teach the younger QBs) , trading for Mike Glennon (after the Bucs take Jameis), keeping Geno and let all three fight it out for the starting spot with preference given to Geno or Glennon if they prove beyond doubt they are ready to be more successful than the other two, immediately. 

I dont see anyway that Philly can move up to get Mariota. Bradford is not tradung chip with injury history and contract. And Whisenhunt cant stand runnung QBs. Readung that he benched Locker out of frustration and looking at KW's track record in AZ, he will not take MM.

That said, signing Fitz is a one year stop gap while Mariota sits. He HAS to be the pick. Could take over late in the year ala Kaep and have a monster impact.

I am thinking w/this D and Bowles we arent far off. I am all for getting a couple guys and digging up Otto Graham, throwing some Dominican Republic VooDoo juice on him and going all Zombie/Beetlejuice as opposed to playing Geno. Any takers?

Would you really want to trade out of 6 to 20 for Bradford? 13m is a lot for a guy who can't stay on the field and who had 2 ACL tears. Just my opinion as I Respect yours I just want nothing to do with Bradford.

I am fine with not liking Bradford.  Moving down 14 spots is huge, I would not do that without another pick -probably 2016's first.  I am just saying that if they like the guy, $13M is not crazy money for a QB.  Wait until we see what these other stiffs get, but in a world where Vick who barely showed up other than to cash his checks got $5M I don't see the money figure as prohibitive.

Archived