2015 Starting QB

bman

You know you're team is absolute dog sh*t and desperate for a QB when the entire fanbase is clamoring for Ryan ******* Fitzpartrick.

Yep if Fitz had any talent Bill O Brien would have kept him and not sign Hooyah and Mallet.

Makes me think jets are after M&M now and Geno will be backup

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Geno is going to be our starting QB (though of course I could be wrong).  I'm thinking Mariota, Kaepernick, Glennon or Fitzpatrick seem like realistic options.  Brees feels like a longshot but I'm not discounting the possibility.

I am fine with not liking Bradford.  Moving down 14 spots is huge, I would not do that without another pick -probably 2016's first.  I am just saying that if they like the guy, $13M is not crazy money for a QB.  Wait until we see what these other stiffs get, but in a world where Vick who barely showed up other than to cash his checks got $5M I don't see the money figure as prohibitive.

Fair point

People need to get used to the fact Geno Smith is our starting QB.

It makes no ******* sense.. IN the last week we've gotten a lot better, and older. Without a Qb though we might as well field an Idzik level roster..

The position needs to be upgraded in a major way, otherwise why rent revis for 2 years?

Yep if Fitz had any talent Bill O Brien would have kept him and not sign Hooyah and Mallet.

Makes me think jets are after M&M now and Geno will be backup

If Mariota falls to the Jets and they dont take him...and are set with Fitz (hypothetically) and Geno....oh boy.

It makes no ******* sense.. IN the last week we've gotten a lot better, and older. Without a Qb though we might as well field an Idzik level roster..

The position needs to be upgraded in a major, otherwise why rent revis for 2 years?

Its cool dude.  Relax. Ryan Fitzpatrick to the rescue! 

Where is the "all in" coming from? Every major addition to the roster is under a multiple year contract. This is not a win at all costs in 2015 deal. They are rebuilding the roster and fielding a competitive team for 2015, but they still have a lomg way to go. They aren't playing checkers and sure as hell are not in "all in" mode.

Moreover, Philly is going to get Mariota at all costs. Bradford and his pricy one year contract is the place holder. Notice all the playing time stipulations regarding the future pick? The Bradford trade was for Philly, not a trade piece.

Fitzpatrick and his low cost one year contract are a sensible addition, but not the end game. The Jets will draft a QB and/or trade for a younger retread. Geno is a clipboard holder and a reminder of incompetent management. Your starting signal caller will be Ryan Fitzpatrick.

You know you're team is absolute dog sh*t and desperate for a QB when the entire fanbase is clamoring for Ryan ******* Fitzpartrick.

LOL, yup...this is true. why I 'sort of' like Fitz AND draft a QB, whether at #6 or later in draft. Fitz at least knows Chans playbook, coupled w/Bowles Defense should be able to game manage us to within playoff range, while young QB learns or if Mariotta, he learns or damnit, wins the job, the way Russel Wilson did few years back.

Does Mariota make sense for our team considering that (it sounds like) he'll take at least a year or two to "groom" before he contributes in a meaningful way.  The Revis deal looks like a 2-3 year deal based on the way his money is paid out in that contract.

People need to get used to the fact Geno Smith is our starting QB.

Why is that?

If THIS new regime starts off by disallowing a legitimate competition, best player plays, at QB?

to protect the last regimes bust of a QB Pick?

Lol, no.

At most, Smith will get a strait up chance to compete for the #1 Job.

Personally, I think Fitz, JAG tho he is, will blow Smith out of the water in a fair competition.

The only way I see Smith starting is a 100% pre-rigged pre-determined "competition", and I just don't see this new regime doing that.

Personally, I think Fitz, JAG tho he is, will blow Smith out of the water in a fair competition.

Especially since Geno has never actually won an NFL QB competition.  We had all hoped that he would blow Sanchez out of the water but he never did.  Sanchez's torn labrum gifted him the job.

Why is that?

If THIS new regime starts off by disallowing a legitimate competition, best player plays, at QB?

to protect the last regimes bust of a QB Pick?

Lol, no.

At most, Smith will get a strait up chance to compete for the #1 Job.

The only way I see Smith starting is a 100% pre-rigged pre-determined "competition", and I just don't see this new regime doing that.

I posted that before the trade but be that as it may, what good does that do?

Fits sucks and is a loser. He's not progressing the franchise. We're not winning anything with him at the helm. I get the "hold the fort" mentality but for what? If you're starting Fitz you're going to win enough games with good D and a running game to take you right out of the drat a QB zone.

At least with Geno there is at a pinch of hope and maybe the new system/coaching can turn him around. Fitz is what he is and all ways will be from team to team, coach to coach. What if Chan can fix Geno? Rex was a QB killer. Maybe Bowles is a QB whisperer. He's certainly more talented from a skill perspective. Who knows? And that's the difference.

And if Geno won 8 games his rookie season on the worst roster in the league playing for the worst coach in history of the sport and Fitz has never won 8 games, how many more wins does Fitz really get you?

And if worst comes to worst and Geno ends up sucking as bad as he has, then the Jets are back in the QB zone next draft. Not picking 14-18.

Jets are going all in this year. Bradford or Glennon or Fitzy will be the starting QB. If the Jets can get Bradford they'll then have two 1st rd picks in 2016 to draft a QB if need be. Makes too much sense. Draft Hundley this year in rd 2 also. Jets NEED QB's!

Bradford's health profile is precarious.  I have zero confidence he can play 16 games in a row.

I posted that before the trade but be that as it may, what good does that do?

Fits sucks and is a loser. He's not progressing the franchise. We're not winning anything with him at the helm. I get the "hold the fort" mentality but for what? If you're starting Fitz you're going to win enough games with good D and a running game to take you right out of the drat a QB zone.

At least with Geno there is at a pinch of hope and maybe the new system/coaching can turn him around. Fitz is what he is and all ways will be from team to team, coach to coach. What if Chan can fix Geno? Rex was a QB killer. Maybe Bowles is a QB whisperer. He's certainly more talented from a skill perspective. Who knows? And that's the difference.

And if Geno won 8 games his rookie season on the worst roster in the league playing for the worst coach in history of the sport and Fitz has never won 8 games, how many more wins does Fitz really get you?

And if worst comes to worst and Geno ends up sucking as bad as he has, then the Jets are back in the QB zone next draft. Not picking 14-18.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I don't think Geno has even a pinch of hope. I think his upside is being the top half of the bottom third of the league of starting QB's, no more. You will not ever win with that guy. He was a mistake to draft, he was a mistake to start from day one, and will continue to be a mistake.

I do agree with your logic however on the best way to get a QB is to suck. Problem is the Jets fans have shown that they will not tolerate 3-13 seasons, they would much rather have 8-8 seasons. While I would rather see 3-13 if it yields a real shot at a QB, most Jets fans dont' see it that way, so that is why the Jets are doing what they are doing now.

The only real hope we have is that we can draft a QB that can develop into a legit starting QB somewhere in the draft. Of course that would also require us having coaches who can develop a QB, which I don't know one way or another whether we do or dont.

Bradford cant survive even half a season. Rather have Fitz.

While probably true, Bradford has so much more upside.

I also remember when Phil Sims was considered to be a fragile QB who could not stay on the field. IMO Bradford was worth the risk, because he at least has upside. Fitz has no upside whatsoever, in fact, he probably has more downside than upside at this point.

While probably true, Bradford has so much more upside.

I also remember when Phil Sims was considered to be a fragile QB who could not stay on the field. IMO Bradford was worth the risk, because he at least has upside. Fitz has no upside whatsoever, in fact, he probably has more downside than upside at this point.

OMFG this post

Archived