Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick (All things Fitzpatrick in here)

Morrissey

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that where he's projected?  Too high for my taste.  Love him in the 3rd though.  Fitz, Geno, Hundley. I could live with it for a year.  Though I'd still rather just roll with Geno and win 4 games for draft position purposes than win 7 with that stiff Fitz and be in no man's land next year.

Whatevs.

Hundley, whether it's in the second or third round, is probably my favorite value QB in this class (seeing that they're all developmental anyways)

More of a splash?  Who?  Only 2nd tier QBs are avaialbe in FA.  There is no savior.

However, Fitz was with Chainey in Buff, during Fitz's most productive years.  Why would the new regime tie themseld to the guy who got their predecessors fired?  Answer... They wouldn't.

Geno has taken his last snap as a starter for the NYJ.

We didn't know Marshall was available either.

The point is they may have sought out a trade for a bigger name if they thought they had no QB's on the roster.  I've read numerous articles saying they're inclined to give him another crack at it especially since Chan may run an offense more suited to his talents.

I agree that he has a short leash but he's had a handful of really good games and I'd imagine they want to see if they can make him more consistent.  He has the athleticism and arm and now he has the weapons.

2 years with the god awful team Idzik fielded is not enough time.

Jets acquired QB Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Texans in exchange for a conditional late-round pick.

Fitzpatrick became the odd man out after the Texans signed Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett, two quarterbacks Bill O'Brien coached in New England. It's a no-brainer for the Jets. Fitzpatrick quietly produced the ninth-highest quarterback rating in the league last season, while Geno Smith was 29th. Fitzpatrick will be reunited with his former coach Chan Gailey. New York had been talked about as a possible destination for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, but that seems unlikely now. Fitzpatrick will be the heavy favorite to start Week 1.

Jets acquired QB Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Texans in exchange for a conditional late-round pick.

Fitzpatrick became the odd man out after the Texans signed Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett, two quarterbacks Bill O'Brien coached in New England. It's a no-brainer for the Jets. Fitzpatrick quietly produced the ninth-highest quarterback rating in the league last season, while Geno Smith was 29th. Fitzpatrick will be reunited with his former coach Chan Gailey. New York had been talked about as a possible destination for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, but that seems unlikely now. Fitzpatrick will be the heavy favorite to start Week 1.

But why didn't we make a SPLASHY move?  Pac wanted MOAR SPLASHINESS.

PFF had him ranked as the 12th best QB in the league last season with a positive 8.8 ranking.

For some perspective Geno had a -19.8 ranking,, Hoyer -18.8 and Foles -7.4. I don't consider their stats gospel or anything but it's a pretty encouraging sign.

He might not be the long term franchise QB but we've upgraded hugely here. Amazed people can't see it.

Better then damn Matt Cassel who didn't even start. Fitz on the other hand did.

Brunell 1.5, maybe Geno will wipe boogers on him. 

Brunell was in his 40s when he came here and had been busying himself holding snaps for New Orleans' kickers.  Fitzpatrick is 32 and has been a starting QB the last, what, 6-7 years?

If Geno tries wiping a booger on Fitzy's beard the Harvard boy will kick his a$$.

Brunell was in his 40s when he came here and had been busying himself holding snaps for New Orleans' kickers.  Fitzpatrick is 32 and has been a starting QB the last, what, 6-7 years?

If Geno tries wiping a booger on Fitzy's beard the Harvard boy will kick his a$$.

Yeah you're right, 2.0

We didn't know Marshall was available either.

The point is they may have sought out a trade for a bigger name if they thought they had no QB's on the roster.  I've read numerous articles saying they're inclined to give him another crack at it especially since Chan may run an offense more suited to his talents.

I agree that he has a short leash but he's had a handful of really good games and I'd imagine they want to see if they can make him more consistent.  He has the athleticism and arm and now he has the weapons.

2 years with the god awful team Idzik fielded is not enough time.

Athleticism - yes, to run straight backwards any time he is pressured.

Arm - Inaccurate but strong arm when given all day.  Cannot make quick CORRECT decisions.  Bad footwork.  Throws to the other team when rushed.  Doesn't see coverages.  Cannot process pre-snap adjustments, so puts himself in a bad situation.  Cannot beat the blitz.  Misses wide open receivers deep. Yeah... other than that he has a big arm.

Anything that keeps Geno as far from the huddle on game day as possible is a good thing.

/endthread

That's it in a nutshell.  Fitz may be good or may be bad but he's not Geno Smith and that is like Christmas morning and the Easter Bunny all in one.

SAR I

#29? Actually better than I would've guessed lol

Fitz is the 3rd choice I would have of the  QB's I believe were available.

I'd MUCH rather see him starting than Geno, so I guess that is somewhat positive.

he's not perfect but he's an improvement and jets were smart to do it

Brunell 1.5, maybe Geno will wipe boogers on him. 

Please don;t go there.  Brunnel was so finished it was ridiculous and the great tanny/rex strategy was to ensure there was no Qb competition at all so they could coddle Markies  sox off.

Archived