Andre Johnson to the Colts?

Good landing spot for him, and can probably burn the Texans a couple of times a year as well.  

He will go there, with Luck and have 100 catches for 1300 yards, and all the Jet Fans will bitch that "why didn't we sign him"?

He will go there, with Luck and have 100 catches for 1300 yards, and all the Jet Fans will bitch that "why didn't we sign him"?

Possibly, but I don't think he was coming here even if we wanted them.  Our situation is pretty much the same as the Texans, good team, but no QB.  He might as well have just stayed in Houston and gotten paid more money.  I think he wanted a surefire way to be in the playoffs and have a shot at the SB.  And I think the Colts connection was well in the works.  It could also possibly be the reason why Gore backtracked from Philly, knowing that Johnson was going to get his release and then sign with the Colts, they could reunite and transform that offense. 

Johnson/Moncrief/Hilton with two good TEs, and Gore to go along with Luck is an excellent offense now.  They can now try and fix the defense up.  

I think it's more likely that he has somewhere in between Hakeem Nicks Colts' numbers and his own numbers in Houston last year.

Andre Johnson is just the name of a receiver that used to be great. TY Hilton remains the best WR on that team and hopefully Johnson doesn't limit the opportunities of Moncrief.

They both just made a statement from the Colts complex, they both mentioned Luck's talent and they feel like this gives them the best chance for a ring.

With Luck, Johnson can put up 100 receptions, 1,500 yards and 10 TD's.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I think it's more likely that he has somewhere in between Hakeem Nicks Colts' numbers and his own numbers in Houston last year.

Andre Johnson is just the name of a receiver that used to be great. TY Hilton remains the best WR on that team and hopefully Johnson doesn't limit the opportunities of Moncrief.

Johnson > Moncrief, even still

Johnson > Moncrief, even still

Not arguing that, but Moncrief will be better shortly as long as they don't limit his opportunities the same they did last year with Nicks. With Nicks and Wayne gone now, it's probably a moot point.

Not arguing that, but Moncrief will be better shortly as long as they don't limit his opportunities the same they did last year with Nicks. With Nicks and Wayne gone now, it's probably a moot point.

Hardly a given

Luck is going to have a whole bunch of Moncriefs in his career...guys who aren't particularly good but young, healthly, and capable. He's not going to have many Andre Johnsons, even 33 year old Andre Johnsons.

Hardly a given

Luck is going to have a whole bunch of Moncriefs in his career...guys who aren't particularly good but young, healthly, and capable. He's not going to have many Andre Johnsons, even 33 year old Andre Johnsons.

Moncrief will develop into a legit WR, IMO. 

Moncrief will develop into a legit WR, IMO. 

I do think he has some talent, liked him alot of Ole Miss as one of the better size/speed guys in the draft. That said, I see him as more of a bigger Cotchery type and had him as a late round guy. I think he won't be a Colt by the time he's 28-29. I  guess what it comes down to is that AJ is not going to tookhisjerb or opportunities to develop. If anything the young Moncrief should shut up and learn how it's done.

I do think he has some talent, liked him alot of Ole Miss as one of the better size/speed guys in the draft. That said, I see him as more of a bigger Cotchery type and had him as a late round guy. I think he won't be a Colt by the time he's 28-29. I guess what it comes down to is that AJ is not going to tookhisjerb or opportunities to develop. If anything the young Moncrief should shut up and learn how it's done.

He ran a 4.40. I don't think Cotchery is an apt comparison.