***Jets sign Cromartie***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we wait for the only number that matters? Guaranteed money.

Not necessarily. Revis' number is $48 mil, not the guaranteed $39 mil. Revis is not going anywhere for 3 years n we will be paying him $48mil over that time.

I wanna know the guaranteed AND the signing bonus amount so we know exactly what it will cost to release Cro in 2 years.

Did Dan Snydet buy the Jets and I was unaware?

No.  This happened.

The cap grew by .005 percent in 2012, going to $120.6 million from $120 million, and by 1.9 percent last year, going from $120.6 million to $123 million. This year, the jump was $10 million, or 8.1 percent, which is the largest rise -- by percentage -- since 2006, which was the first year of the previous CBA.
The key going forward is the floor more than the cap. The final eight years of the CBA are broken into four-year periods (2013-'16, 2017-'20) during which teams are required to spend up to 89 percent of the cap, with a guaranteed league-wide spend of 95 percent. If the individual clubs or league fail to hit those thresholds, the league/clubs pay the difference to the players.

Didn't he get like $5M last year coming off a bad year? Then he performed well last season, so no way he was getting that little. But $32 does sound excessive, still, all that matters is the guaranteed money.

I thought it was like $3mil? Same as Patterson? either way, Cro will be 31 this year and that's a lot of dough for someone who is 'mostly' consistent. Its that small piece of inconsistency that bothers me, besides him being 33 years old half way through the deal.

I thought it was like $3mil? Same as Patterson? either way, Cro will be 31 this year and that's a lot of dough for someone who is 'mostly' consistent. Its that small piece of inconsistency that bothers me, besides him being 33 years old half way through the deal.

Thought it was 5 but you could be right. Either way, he had a good season so you know he was gonna get more, plus CBs got paid ridiculously this off-season for some reason. Skrine's contract, for example, seems nuts compared to what he gives you on the field.

We'll see the guaranteed money soon and be able to judge better.

everyone who's saying the money is ridiculous needs to remember they HAD to spend this money

I think we are going a little overboard here. This is not wise spending. How much do we have invested in the CB positions? About $30mil, roughly, and that doesn't include the $5mil for Dexter n Milliner.

If Milliner stays healthy this year and plays at his expected level, Cro becomes expendable. I hope the signing bonus is low so we can easily trade him if need be. And I expect Milliner to have a break out year.

I wish I could link to the numerous jet fans that bashed Cro beyond belief for his last season with the Jets and were Thrilled to have Patterson aboard -when Cro was nothing but a loyal soldier that played hurt-Thrilled Cro is back with Revis-both should have never left-now we have a secondary that teams cant F with

to our new GM I love the job you are doing -early on I HATED izadick and had to listen to two years of the garbage "he has a plan"

thanks for restoring some order here-I must admit I had my doubts when it looked like Revis was not coming here and we were not moving much

Thought it was 5 but you could be right. Either way, he had a good season so you know he was gonna get more, plus CBs got paid ridiculously this off-season for some reason. Skrine's contract, for example, seems nuts compared to what he gives you on the field.

It was $3.5 mil. My only concern is Cro's age. At that age, such a contract isn't the most wise decision. Hope Im wrong and he becomes the Cro of 2012.

It was $3.5 mil. My only concern is Cro's age. At that age, such a contract isn't the most wise decision. Hope Im wrong and he becomes the Cro of 2012.

football contacts are fake-if he does not perform by year 3 he will be gone at little cost to the jets

I wish I could link to the numerous jet fans that bashed Cro beyond belief for his last season with the Jets and were Thrilled to have Patterson aboard -when Cro was nothing but a loyal soldier that played hurt-Thrilled Cro is back with Revis-both should have never left-now we have a secondary that teams cant F with

to our new GM I love the job you are doing -early on I HATED izadick and had to listen to two years of the garbage "he has a plan"

thanks for restoring some order here-I must admit I had my doubts when it looked like Revis was not coming here and we were not moving much

He had better play like he did last year and not the way he played the year before, he was terrible and the jets were fully justified in not running after him last year.

I'm wondering what's going on there. We can't make many more moves without risking his extension. The bump should only be about 5-6 this year though, I think. That would put him at 12-13.

I saw we save that 5-6 mil and tag him if we cant resign him to a contract next off season. Tag would be what? $14mil? I'd take those chances. Its not like Mo is playing for pennies on the dollar. He's making $7mil this year while on a rookie deal.

I'm wondering what's going on there. We can't make many more moves without risking his extension. The bump should only be about 5-6 this year though, I think. That would put him at 12-13.

Very true but this leaves us with just around 11 million, for Gilchrist, rookies, and Wilkerson extension. I don't understand it, just pay the man. Especially coming off an injury, if he gets in the teens of sacks this year that'll push his number up.

football contacts are fake-if he does not perform by year 3 he will be gone at little cost to the jets

That's why I wanna see the signing bonus and guaranteed money. Hope they are both low with the contract being backloaded, but that ain't happening.

Very true but this leaves us with just around 11 million, for Gilchrist, rookies, and Wilkerson extension. I don't understand it, just pay the man. Especially coming off an injury, if he gets in the teens of sacks this year that'll push his number up.

That's why I'm not sure going out there and getting 3 corners was the right idea. Don't get me wrong, after last year, I'm not complaining. It's just a bit surprising and all.

should be noted izadick could have locked him up at 3-4 million for a few years but did not

The $3.5 mil a yr deal was a prove it deal. He wasn't signing a 4 year $14 mil deal last year. He saved the long term deal for this year. He bet on himself and won. big time.

That's why I'm not sure going out there and getting 3 corners was the right idea. Don't get me wrong, after last year, I'm not complaining. It's just a bit surprising and all.

Or they're waiting for next year when the cap goes up again in order to ink the extension. It doesn't have to be done now.

I think it was 3.5m

I think we are going a little overboard here. This is not wise spending. How much do we have invested in the CB positions? About $30mil, roughly, and that doesn't include the $5mil for Dexter n Milliner.

If Milliner stays healthy this year and plays at his expected level, Cro becomes expendable. I hope the signing bonus is low so we can easily trade him if need be. And I expect Milliner to have a break out year.

With our front line, a defensive minded coach and this new secondary, this takes a lot of pressure off of the offense.  Lets go get Fowler at #6.

Archived