***Jets sign Cromartie***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You pretend you know the draft...

Can they possibly use the 6th pick on D at this point? Gotta be Cooper, right?

I'm pretty good in terms of your average, no it all, snide, layman. Draft is pretty loaded with edge rushers, Fowler Jr, Beasley or Gregory. Dupree is my favorite dark horse.

Beasley's got the best first step.

Cro is a great addition..Ive got a WOODY , no pun intended.

But lets not pretend he is what he is not.

he is a very good, but older safety.

Hope we get 2 years from him.

really?  he was named as a pro bowl alternate at CORNERBACK just a few months ago....  how are you so sure he's done as a CB now?

I thought it was like $3mil? Same as Patterson? either way, Cro will be 31 this year and that's a lot of dough for someone who is 'mostly' consistent. Its that small piece of inconsistency that bothers me, besides him being 33 years old half way through the deal.

Dude this is not the time to bitch about Woody Johnsons money.  Cro, is a top 10 corner in this league and can also return kickoffs.  In two years he will probably be cut or asked to take a pay cut so it really doesn't matter; at that point MacDougle or Milliner will be stepping up along with Skrine etc.  Just enjoy the fact that we now dramatically rebuilt the secondary in less than a week. 

Dude this is not the time to bitch about Woody Johnsons money.  Cro, is a top 10 corner in this league and can also return kickoffs.  In two years he will probably be cut or asked to take a pay cut so it really doesn't matter; at that point MacDougle or Milliner will be stepping up along with Skrine etc.  Just enjoy the fact that we now dramatically rebuilt the secondary in less than a week. 

Top 10 would be a stretch, unless we were comparing starting corner's age.

LOL people wanted the Jets to spend so now they have rebuilt the team defense-guaranteed money is the real cost on all these contracts

And signing bonus, which is part of guaranteed money, but a huge factor when it comes to releasing a player.

The kid Idzik drafted in round 3 last year... whatever his name is, Crusher and I love him.

He, McDonald whatever his name is, would have been there in round 5 or 6 which was an indication of how poorly Idziot was in drafting and assessing players.   

OK now lets trade down in the draft with either Cleveland or New Orleans.  We can give up our #6 pick and very little for both of their first round picks.  This way we can address the OLB position and get Dorial Green-Beckham in the first round alone.  

Would love to do this trade but for Scherff and Gordon/Gurley

That's why I'm not sure going out there and getting 3 corners was the right idea. Don't get me wrong, after last year, I'm not complaining. It's just a bit surprising and all.

I feel the same way, really hope to have Wilkerson and Richardson around for a while

Archived