path to the draft has jets trading with Cleveland

32EBoozer

Dont we also need a QB? Or did I miss something?

Yeah you missed the fact the team may not be sold enough to use the 6th pick on him and would rather continue to stock pile talent, perhaps drafting a developmental qb in a later round.

You don't pass up the guy that Chip Kelly says is the best QB in the draft, you just DONT!

If Mariota gets to 6 & we don't take him & turns into a stud I'd be SO PISSED!

We all suffered for this high pick.

We have Fitz & Geno, put him on the bench & for once let's develop a young QB that has athleticism, is said to be very smart, a good quiet leader, hard worker, student of the game & from all accounts a great teammate.

It's like we're all waiting for the next can't miss Andrew Luck.

He doesn't need to be better than Tom Brady, just better than EJ Manuel, Garrapalo & Tannyhill.

Personally I think the Titans are taking him unless the GM & coach there feel they won't be around long enough to develop him.

That's not the case for Mac & Bowles, they will be afforded the time to bring him along at the pace they think he needs.

You don't pass up the guy that Chip Kelly says is the best QB in the draft, you just DONT!

We have Fitz & Geno, put him on the bench & for once let's develop a young QB that has athleticism, is said to be very smart, a good quiet leader, hard worker, student of the game & from all accounts a great teammate.

He doesn't need to be better than Tom Brady, just better than EJ Manuel, Garrapalo & Tannyhill.

Personally I think the Titans are taking him unless the GM & coach there feel they won't be around long enough to develop him.

That's not the case for Mac & Bowles, they will be afforded the time to bring him along at the pace they think he needs.

With all due respect, sometimes I think you're trolling.

Anyway, you don't spend the #6 pick on any player at any position who won't play that year.

Why are you so high on Mariota? The guy is no can't miss prospect and won't even play most likely his first year.

You can say that about every player in this draft. If every pick is a crapshoot, which it is except in the rarest of instances like a Luck or a Calvin, you take the quality prospect at the most important position. If it works, the team is set for 10-13 years. If not, chalk it up as another 1st round bust that every team deals with... as a fan, I can live with that.

Mark Sanchez failed but he was still the right choice at the time.

So is Marcus. I figure his floor is Alex Smith(hopefully not Joey Harrington), and his ceiling is Flacco. Again, I can live with that.

sorry but unless there is a bidding war between teams there is no way we're getting the number 12 and number 19 pics this year

Then we should bait New Orleans and go for the 13th and 31st picks. 

We could also throw in our later round picks this year or in next years draft too. 

You are 100% correct!!!

I've been a Jets fan long enough to remember when we choose O'Brien over Marino because we had "insider info."

You can say that about every player in this draft. If every pick is a crapshoot, which it is except in the rarest of instances like a Luck or a Calvin, you take the quality prospect at the most important position. If it works, the team is set for 10-13 years. If not, chalk it up as another 1st round bust that every team deals with... as a fan, I can live with that.

Mark Sanchez failed but he was still the right choice at the time.

So is Marcus. I figure his floor is Alex Smith(hopefully not Joey Harrington), and his ceiling is Flacco. Again, I can live with that.

His floor is not Alex Smith. Mariota is not an NFL QB watch Oregon games and stop looking at numbers and highlight videos on youtube.

Yeah you missed the fact the team may not be sold enough to use the 6th pick on him and would rather continue to stock pile talent, perhaps drafting a developmental qb in a later round.

With Fowler, Ray and White off the board, who are you trading down for that would be more valuable than a potential franchise QB? If you trade down to the Browns spot you will miss out on Cooper, Schreff, Gregory and Beasley, who did you want to pick up at the browns spot? 

Casserly has the draft going this way

1 Winston

2. Gregory

3 Fowler

4 white

5 ray

6 Mariota to Cleveland

I'd be okay with this if it was the #12 pick plus their 2nd and 4th round pick

Or #12 and 5th rd pick plus 2016 #1

I say if this is how the draft turns out instead of trading 6th pick to Cleveland id take Cooper at 6 if he's available just so we have A perfect receiving core (Marshall, Decker, Cooper, and Kerley) then 2nd/3rd round draft a QB such as (Shane Carden From East Carolina or Brett Hundley From UCLA) the reason is These 2 QBs are under the radar and we're pretty stinking Good during Highschool and College. Now everyone thinks QBs in 1st round are the best but I disagree. That's what I would do.

With all due respect, sometimes I think you're trolling.

Anyway, you don't spend the #6 pick on any player at any position who won't play that year.

If Greenbay felt the way you do Aaron Rogers might be playing for the Lions.

Why are we listening to Chip Kelly?  Guy seems to have lost his marbles.

Why are we listening to Chip Kelly?  Guy seems to have lost his marbles.

If anyone knows Mariotas skill set it's Kelly. Guys the most innovative coach in this league after Belichick.

Jets will never be in the Conner Cook sweepstakes next year, Fitz is stopgap & most of you hate Geno Smith. You hit on Mariota & he turns out to be the real deal your owning the AFC East after Brady finally ages.

It's a no brainer if he's sitting there.

I'd be shocked if he gets past the Titans if no one moves up for him. Even if the Titans GM & coach want to pass on him because they need to win now, their owner might trump them both & say we need a face for the franchise to put fannys in the seats.

Now like others have said, if he does fall to 6 and the Browns want to trade both 1s & add a 2 & something next year, than yes, that could make sense & grab Petty later.

It's gotta be a big deal to pass on him.

1 Winston

2. Gregory

3 Fowler

4 white

5 ray

6 Mariota to Cleveland

This would mean.....'with the 6th pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Leonard Williams, DE from USC." Or our phones will be lighting up for same player. 

His floor is not Alex Smith. Mariota is not an NFL QB watch Oregon games and stop looking at numbers and highlight videos on youtube.

His floor is Akili Smith, his ceiling is John Elway. No one has any idea where in that spectrum he will fall.  I love the kid, but I also realize that he has no idea how to operate an NFL offense. He could start day 1 for Chip Kelly and go to a pro bowl, but if a different team drafts and starts him game 1 in an pro style offense it could get ugly.

That was a very strange segment to be honest.  Casserly basically said Mariota was a project and did not at all seem impressed with him and then he mocks the Browns trading up to get him seconds later.  I would really like that scenario if his mock was as shown because he had pass rushers going off the board very quickly.  I think Cleveland can get Mariota without a trade up if they want.  Mariota is going to fall.

1 Winston

2. Gregory

3 Fowler

4 white

5 ray

6 Mariota to Cleveland

Mariota to Cleveland ? Does that mean Johnny would be comin here ???

Archived