Jay Foreman released by Houston

Alk

Texans | Foreman Cut - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:54:27 -0800

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have released LB Jay Foreman. Foreman will count $1.32 million against the 2005 salary cap, but considering he was scheduled for a $2.21 million cap hit, the move will save the Texans $890,000.

This guy is the missing piece to the Patriots 3-4 defense. Next to Sharper, I'd say he's the best 3-4 ILB in free agency. I really hope we take a serious look at this guy.

You guys need youth at the LB spot, Alk. FOreman is a dead-end as far as I'm concerned. DIdn't they cut Jamie Sharper a few weeks ago or was that just a rumor I heard?

They cut them both. They told both LBs that they could seek a trade to another team. They both said F that and asked for a full release. :lol: I think Foreman would be perfect especially if Bruschi doesn't come back. You can't just throw a bunch of rookies in there and hope they can play. I say bring him in and draft my boy Ruud for youth.

Foreman is a good LB and if he didn't get hurt last yr he would have his 120+ tackles.

The kid is 27-28 i think...now he's a " dead-end "...he's far from sh*t.

He's 29 but still has quite a few years ahead of him.

Archived