RB situation Ivory Powell and who?

joewilly12

First off I'm not used to you posting about positions other then the TE..LOL  However if you have a affinity for those backs didn't you miss out?? Or is it MM's fault for not listening to you?? I don't have the talent to be the GM but I do realize I'm in the minority there.. However I'm really happy with what MM has done so far and I'm sure he will address the missed position in the draft.. :winking0001:

Pruitt and Saxton. TE extraordinaires. 

...I'm already over Spiller. I secretly (to myself) want us to draft a RB anyway. I'm convinced David Johnson is the answer. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Daren Sproles? Late round pick should do it. (Wild thought I know, just throwing it out there)

Why would the Eagles get rid of him? What late round pick are you talking about? It's a very wild thought, but not very well thought out.

They'll draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round and be done with it.

+1 SJ Gailey had Fitzpatrick before and does again yet they passed on Spiller..That says it all to me..

great point.. 

2 thngs new GM did smart,, brought in 2 Vets to teach the new playbooks to rest of team ON the field (chalkboard different as any ex-athletes know). Cro will help w/D on Bowles Zone scheme/playbook while Fitz will help w/O on Chans scheme/playbook. many fans may miss how much that will help in spring and summer camps and in chalkboard mtgs. while Cro/Fitz give real examples of 'what will really happen on a particular play' based on experience.

#1 Chis Ivory

#2 Bilal Powell

#3 Late Draft Pick or JAG FA or JAG on roster

This won't be a Rex Ryan team.  The run will be important, but like it used to be.

The NFL is a passing league.

So it will be

Ivory- will get injured if his carries significantly go up.

Powell- JAG

And another JAG

Don't think so.

Ray Rice?!!!!? hahahahahahaha what a joke. 214 carries for 660 yds in 2013, 3.08 ypc. gross. plus a hip injury. oh and he punched a woman in the face. but yeah lets bring him in!!

hopefully we add a guy on day 2. if Gordon slips, think we'd be in on him. Abdullah, Yeldon, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman,Jay Ajayi, etc. sh*ts loaded this year. 

Definitely feeling a 2nd or 3rd rounder here.

Shock Linwood from Baylor is a between the tackles runner and is ranked a fourth rounder. I wouldn't mind having him and Bryce Petty. Jets have only four picks in the draft and I see pass rusher at six, Petty in 2nd, LB in 3rd and Linwood in 4th. 

RAY RICE. He's cheap, will have a major chip on his shoulder, still young and a local kid. Make it happen

He's a billion years old in running back years, hasn't played in over a year, and was terrible the last time he did.

I think it's possible Gordon could still be in play when the Jets pick in the second round, though with the amount of money thrown at RBs this offseason, I'm wondering if teams aren't starting to value the position a little more again.

We missed out on Spiller (NOS) and McFadden (DAL) which is disappointing, as I saw both as quality COP backs for our new system.

At this point, I'm all in on David Johnson in the 3rd. 

Spiller had one good season and lots of injuries. Why not go to the draft and get a fresh body? Perfect position to plug and play. Not many like that.

#1 Chis Ivory

#2 Bilal Powell

#3 Late Draft Pick or JAG FA or JAG on roster

This won't be a Rex Ryan team.  The run will be important, but like it used to be.

The NFL is a passing league.

And yet running and defense wins championships or at least gets you there

Jets never really do what I think they should, but I'm with Paradis on the David Johnson train.

If Gurley or Gordon are there in the second I'd be intrigued. Lots of other good backs in this draft too. But as things stand right now I'm a David Johnson fan.

I know people will HATE this idea but I would sign Trent Richardson to a one year incentive deal-he was terrible last year no doubt and now he is facing the reality most thing he sucks-some will say um yes he does but I still remember him year one in the NFL and he was a very very good back

If no draft pick for a RB occurs or we get one that can;t make the active roster, we still have D. Richardson on the Active roster at this point who I wanted to make the team last year based on his preseason performance. maybe he gets a shot. But, like most of you are saying we probably get one in this years draft since it is a deep draft for RBs.

I know people will HATE this idea but I would sign Trent Richardson to a one year incentive deal-he was terrible last year no doubt and now he is facing the reality most thing he sucks-some will say um yes he does but I still remember him year one in the NFL and he was a very very good back

I don't doubt Trich should and will get a shot, but i don't if the system is a fit. I think he'd should look at DAL. He and DMC might look productive with that 'Line. If Jerry Jones uses his head - he should invest in a Perryman/Goodman and Dawson/Edwards combo over rounds 1 and 2. Maybe pick up a guy like Cobb later 

I don't doubt Trich should and will get a shot, but i don't if the system is a fit. I think he'd should look at DAL. He and DMC might look productive with that 'Line. If Jerry Jones uses his head - he should invest in a Perryman/Goodman and Dawson/Edwards combo over rounds 1 and 2. Maybe pick up a guy like Cobb later

The only place Trent Richardson will ever look good is Alabama.

Don't know if he is available but what about Ray Rice???

I like him as player but I don't think the fan base would be receptive of him.  I also don't think he's a good idea after we had vick on the roster as well as chris johnson who just got shot.  It'll be interesting to see which teams are going to try to give him a second shot.  Taking a chance on him doesn't really reflect well on an organization.  

Archived