RB situation Ivory Powell and who?

joewilly12

I'd like to see a RB drafted somewhere between rounds 2-4, but I want a young vet too.

These two guys I wouldn't mind bringing in:

Stevan Ridley- knee injury in October.  Jets would have to wait a bit until he's healthy.

Chris Polk - Restricted FA.  No compensation to Eagles if they don't match.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 Chis Ivory

#2 Bilal Powell

#3 Late Draft Pick or JAG FA or JAG on roster

This won't be a Rex Ryan team.  The run will be important, but like it used to be.

The NFL is a passing league.

Both Seattle and New England had excellent running games; especially Seattle.  Sorry but the run is still very important, especially if you don't have a top 5 quarterback.

Beat me to it. Jay Ajayi reminds me of LeVeon Bell, and he'll probably be there at the top of the second.

OLB n WR. Those should be our first two picks. Powell n Ivory will be just fine. Ivory caught more passes with the Jets last year n we all know he's good with the ball in hand.

3rd round RB is should be solid as you can grind tHem down n get the most out of them till they hit FA n then draft another.

OLB n WR. Those should be our first two picks. Powell n Ivory will be just fine. Ivory caught more passes with the Jets last year n we all know he's good with the ball in hand.

3rd round RB is should be solid as you can grind tHem down n get the most out of them till they hit FA n then draft another.

We most definitely need to get another back. Ivory has a history of missing time and we cannot rely on Powell to take 40 snaps a game. Drafting a 3 down back has to be a priority... Outside of the first, im looking at David Johnson, cobb, and yeldon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We most definitely need to get another back. Ivory has a history of missing time and we cannot rely on Powell to take 40 snaps a game. Drafting a 3 down back has to be a priority... Outside of the first, im looking at David Johnson, cobb, and yeldon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree we need a 3rd RB. Powell is a reliable back. Very good in pass blocking. The two years he had a somewhat expanded role, he average 4 ypc. I expect him to be decent if counted upon. the 3rd RB can be someone to backup Powell and possibly outplay him later on if Ivory misses time.

Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon III recently worked out for both the Jets and Colts.

It seems doubtful that the contending Colts would use a premium pick on a running back after signing Frank Gore (Dan Herron and Vick Ballard are also on the depth chart). The Jets are another story, and would no doubt love to pair MGIII (or another top prospect) with Chris Ivory. Acquiring Gordon will require the use of a mid-to-late Round 1 pick.

How about Ahmad Bradshaw as Ivory backup.

725 total yds and 8 TD in 10 games last year.

Very good receiver out of the backfield, great vision, tough to take down

And a VERY GOOD blitz pickup guy

Almost seems like he's getting run out of the league because he's such a huge pussy.

He was fantastic last year, but I think the best course of action is drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Almost seems like he's getting run out of the league because he's such a huge pussy.

He was fantastic last year, but I think the best course of action is drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Did I miss something? what makes you say that he is a pussy?

Apparently, you missed a lot. He's played 8 seasons and in only one did he play 16 games. He's missed 19 of 32 games the last two seasons.

placed on injured reserve in 2013 because of the severely damaged neck. Last year his leg was broken. I wouldn't call that being a pussy. one of the best running backs catching the ball out of the backfield last year

placed on injured reserve in 2013 because of the severely damaged neck. Last year his leg was broken. I wouldn't call that being a pussy. one of the best running backs catching the ball out of the backfield last year

What would you call playing one full season out of eight?

The guy runs hard every carry like Ivory. He'd only be taking 5-8 carries/game. Comes cheap. Fine if you don't like it... I'd be OK with it

I'd love his production, but he has proven himself as a player that absolutely cannot be counted on. It's not a question of if he gets injured, it's when.

Archived