Percy Harvin agreed to a one year deal with the Bills.

DRJETS

The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement on a one-year deal with wide receiver Percy Harvin, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

[+] Enlargenfl_g_harvin11_300x200.jpg
Tom Dahlin/Getty ImagesThe Bills continued to reshape their squad by agreeing to terms with Percy Harvin on Friday.

The Jets released Harvin once wide receiver Brandon Marshall, whom they acquired in a trade from the Bears, passed his physical.

Harvin, 26, once regarded as a rising star in the NFL, was looking for his fourth team in four years. He played only eight games with the Jets after arriving in a midseason trade with the Seahawks.

Harvin has endured a tumultuous career. He was an all-purpose threat for the Vikings from 2009 to 2012, but he was injury prone and clashed with coaches, so he was traded to the Seahawks.

Harvin missed most of the 2013 season with a hip injury, but he returned for the Super Bowl and contributed to the win by scoring on a kickoff return. By last season, the Seahawks grew weary of Harvin, who reportedly became a divisive influence in the locker room.

In his career, Harvin has 332 receptions for 3,802 yards and 21 touchdowns. He also has 10 touchdowns on rushes and kickoff returns.

ESPN.com Jets reporter Rich Cimini contributed to this report.

I (and Percy) expected a bigger market. This was a huge star to be in the recent past, he's only 26 -

Why in the hell would you expect a bigger market?!?!? Look at his track record! Getting coaches fired, throwing free weights at and choking other coaches, punching teammates, etc...

What a shocker nobody wants him except the boob of a coach that will probably make him a captain ala Santonio Holmes....

I know, I know.... buh buh buh he was a good citizen for two whole months in NY???? Child please...

Meant Percy.  HE needed to lock up more than a year and he should have did it with us.  Not complaining though, other than the age, I prefer Marshall.

He's hedging. The Bills are famously irrelevant in the last decade. They seem to be rebuilding, and he likes Rex. If this year works out well for him, he signs a bigger contract with them or someone else for more money. If this year explodes in Rex's face like I hope it does, he can bolt and not be stuck on the Bills.

One year deal to play for Rex instead of restructuring. Moron.

Good for us.

I think this puts to rest the ludicrous notion of the one-year value of Percy Harvin, as (at best) our 3rd option on offense, being $10.5M and a high 4th round pick.

Shopped himself all over the league and a one year, show-me contract with the friggin' Bills was the best offer he could get?

lol

Good for us.

I think this puts to rest the ludicrous notion of the one-year value of Percy Harvin, as (at best) our 3rd option on offense, being $10.5M and a high 4th round pick.

Shopped himself all over the league and a one year, show-me contract with the friggin' Bills was the best offer he could get?

lol

He just didnt want to crawl back to the Jets.

I'd love to know if Mac really truly tried to renegotiate his deal and if so how much he was offered. 

I believe Mac was never going to give up that 4th rounder and that he was throwing around platitudes.

I'd love to have had him for $6 mill, i'm surprised another team (yes, such as NE) didn't offer him more.

Not to pile on Idzik, but what does it say of his understanding the market when he calls it a "potential coup" to get this guy for $10+ mill/year when his market value 8 healthy games later is only 60% of that?  Think about that.

Archived