Marshall raves about Geno

JetsRay

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Internet posters know more about football than Brandon marshall

Every time I hear this argument I laugh. Does a McDonalds worker have an unsurpassed knowledge of the franchise system? Marshall is a great receiver it doesn't mean he has learned about the rest of the game or the management side of the sport. He's a millionaire too but that doesn't mean he knows more about managing his finances more than I do despite that fact that he makes more money in a game than I will in the next decade. Having said that I hope he's right. A big part of the reason why Marshall is in the NFL and some of us aren't is based purely on physical attributes and not necessarily his intricate knowledge of the overall sport itself. If I was 6'4 as opposed to 5'7 I would have played TE in college instead of not at all.

BPD is a serious disorder. The pressure of competing in the NFL is a stressor which could exacerbate the symptoms.. He is prolly on some serious meds to function, and not spend his life in group therapy.

I hope being on the NYJ works out for him and the team.

No meds for BPD.  Psycho therapy only treatment.  He apparently is doing well, has a supportive wife who stuck with him through some very difficult times and now they have kids. He always will be prone to erratic behavior, outbursts, things like that but he has it managed as well as possible, according to what I've read.

No meds for BPD.  Psycho therapy only treatment.  He apparently is doing well, has a supportive wife who stuck with him through some very difficult times and now they have kids. He always will be prone to erratic behavior, outbursts, things like that but he has it managed as well as possible, according to what I've read.

He may or not be on meds. There are BPD patients who do take their meds as prescribed. The link to BPD in this thread discusses meds as well for this disorder. 

Every time I hear this argument I laugh. Does a McDonalds worker have an unsurpassed knowledge of the franchise system? Marshall is a great receiver it doesn't mean he has learned about the rest of the game or the management side of the sport. He's a millionaire too but that doesn't mean he knows more about managing his finances more than I do despite that fact that he makes more money in a game than I will in the next decade. Having said that I hope he's right. A big part of the reason why Marshall is in the NFL and some of us aren't is based purely on physical attributes and not necessarily his intricate knowledge of the overall sport itself. If I was 6'4 as opposed to 5'7 I would have played TE in college instead of not at all.

Yeah you're right you know more than a player who has been in the nfl almost 10 years and made pro bowls with different quarterbacks.

The fact that Geno is putting in this kind of work in the offseason cannot be a bad thing.  I am glad to hear it...I still expect a true competition at QB and if Geno is trying to work hard to win the starting job then good for him.  I for one wish Geno luck,,,

Yeah you're right you know more than a player who has been in the nfl almost 10 years and made pro bowls with different quarterbacks.

Not saying I do. Just saying that argument doesn't always hold true. When it comes down to it football is football it isn't brain surgery, sorry. A good example is Cromartie as he has made the Pro Bowl and he said it himself he doesn't know anything about technique if he wasn't 6'2 with elite athleticism he wouldn't be in the NFL. Being a great athlete and being a student of the game are two very different things.

The fact that Geno is putting in this kind of work in the offseason cannot be a bad thing.  I am glad to hear it...I still expect a true competition at QB and if Geno is trying to work hard to win the starting job then good for him.  I for one wish Geno luck,,,

Sure it's good to see, and it would be awesome if he suddenly became a good QB. But he put the work in last offseason as well.

Sure it's good to see, and it would be awesome if he suddenly became a good QB. But he put the work in last offseason as well.

Do you have to always be right!!!! Can't I keep my optimisim ?!? 

I will keep it, it is good to see. However, duly noted Sperm, he did put in the work last year.  

I will keep it, it is good to see. However, duly noted Sperm, he did put in the work last year.  

It cant happen, I am 99.9% sure.

geno issue isnt hard work, arm , heart etc..

Its XsOS Playbook Progression reading. he just cant learn where his 2nd/3rd WR are after primary is covered QUICKLY enuf. At NFL level you almost throw with just periferal glance at progressions. Geno can NOT do that. In most cases after primary covered,he just does a odd backward spin towards endzone behinfd offense and starts a scamblke or throwds  ahorrible ball into multi coverage. I just dont see great franchise QBs learning this Progression trait in NFL. You have it when drafted then enhance it. He never had it IMHO.

The good news IF we draft Mariota the word is he is excellent at Progressions and doesnt panic in pocket after Primary covered. He takes that 1/2 step forward and keeps looking.

It cant happen, I am 99.9% sure.

geno issue isnt hard work, arm , heart etc..

Its XsOS Playbook Progression reading. he just cant learn where his 2nd/3rd WR are after primary is covered QUICKLY enuf. At NFL level you almost throw with just periferal glance at progressions. Geno can NOT do that. In most cases after primary covered,he just does a odd backward spin towards endzone behinfd offense and starts a scamblke or throwds  ahorrible ball into multi coverage. I just dont see great franchise QBs learning this Progression trait in NFL. You have it when drafted then enhance it. He never had it IMHO.

The good news IF we draft Mariota the word is he is excellent at Progressions and doesnt panic in pocket after Primary covered. He takes that 1/2 step forward and keeps looking.

can't fix stupid

Fine. Smith will be awesome. The winter-long working out with his QBC, which turned Tony Romo from a backup nothing into a star QB, is to be devalued. Of far greater impact will be playing catch with Brandon Marshall for an extended weekend. Happy now?

If Geno Smith does improve,  I wonder how many people who just KNOW he can't get better will be willing to admit they had no idea what they were talking about?   Just curious.... 

That's easy. NO-BO-DY.

Funny thing is, when Geno Smith is a backup on some other team I doubt you guys are going to be admitting that you were wrong. But yeah let's pass on Mariota for another year of Geno Smith, worked out wonderfully with Carr and Bridgewater. Funny thing is don't see all the haters on Bridgewater/Carr eating crow either.

Funny thing is, when Geno Smith is a backup on some other team I doubt you guys are going to be admitting that you were wrong. But yeah let's pass on Mariota for another year of Geno Smith, worked out wonderfully with Carr and Bridgewater. Funny thing is don't see all the haters on Bridgewater/Carr eating crow either.

Should they be eating crow cause of bridgewater 64 QB rating 14 tds and 15 TO's?

Or the fact the great Derek Carr who was protected so much he threw a whooping 5.5 ypa , 58% completion percentage and 599 pass attempts and barley went over 3,000 yards.

I personally don't think anyone needs to eat crow over these guys. They both still have plenty prove .

Fine. Smith will be awesome. The winter-long working out with his QBC, which turned Tony Romo from a backup nothing into a star QB, is to be devalued. Of far greater impact will be playing catch with Brandon Marshall for an extended weekend. Happy now?

No........Sperm I do not feel better...

Can't see that there would be anything for me to admit to if what you suggest actually occurs. My position on Geno is that he deserves another chance. Even if he eventually fails, since we cannot know in advance he will fail, not giving him another chance is what would be the mistake.

Should they be eating crow cause of bridgewater 64 QB rating 14 tds and 15 TO's?

Or the fact the great Derek Carr who was protected so much he threw a whooping 5.5 ypa , 58% completion percentage and 599 pass attempts and barley went over 3,000 yards.

I personally don't think anyone needs to eat crow over these guys. They both still have plenty prove .

Yes, the rookie of the year was a sh*t qb. Give me more of your riveting analysis.

Why wouldn't we? No one is saying he will be the starter; we are just saying we are interested in seeing what Chan Gailey can do with him along with a better playmakers on offense.  All this "he is too stupid to learn" and other bullsh*t is what I object to.   They guy has played some good games and is still young and developing.  If Mariota is available at 6 and they draft him I will okay with that.  

We were never taking Carr or Bridgewater after Geno went 8-8 as a rookie so I don't see the relevance....   That is an argument you need to take up with the previous regime.   In fact, I laugh posts like this because had we drafted Carr or Bridgewater, they probably would have struggled too, and some body like you would be calling them a bust. 

Can't see that there would be anything for me to admit to if what you suggest actually occurs. My position on Geno is that he deserves another chance. Even if he eventually fails, since we cannot know in advance he will fail, not giving him another chance is what would be the mistake.

We are in agreement. We have nothing to lose at this point, why not let him compete with whomever, Fitz, Mariota etc and the best player wins the job.   I remember Jim Plunkett who went from absolutely Horrible to Hero over the course of his career so it isn't impossible. 

Why wouldn't we? No one is saying he will be the starter; we are just saying we are interested in seeing what Chan Gailey can do with him along with a better playmakers on offense.  All this "he is too stupid to learn" and other bullsh*t is what I object to.   They guy has played some good games and is still young and developing.  If Mariota is available at 6 and they draft him I will okay with that.  

We were never taking Carr or Bridgewater after Geno went 8-8 as a rookie so I don't see the relevance....   That is an argument you need to take up with the previous regime.   In fact, I laugh posts like this because had we drafted Carr or Bridgewater, they probably would have struggled too, and some body like you would be calling them a bust. 

Totally, a guy like Carr who was on the worst roster in the league would've sucked on the Jets. And don't give me that sh*t about Geno winning 8 games, this team won 8 games in spite of Geno, not cause of it. Compare that to a team like the Raiders who had to have a rookie qb carry their ass to winning like three games.

Archived