Marshall raves about Geno

JetsRay

We are in agreement. We have nothing to lose at this point, why not let him compete with whomever, Fitz, Mariota etc and the best player wins the job.   I remember Jim Plunkett who went from absolutely Horrible to Hero over the course of his career so it isn't impossible. 

Yes. I have been pointing out for quite some time now, to little or no response, that Fitz reminds me a lot of Jim Plunkett. For those who do not know him, he did absolutely nothing for his first 10 years or so in the league. When he wound up on the Raiders late in his career he was dubbed "the old man," and he won 2 Super Bowls for them. In the first of those two Super Bowls he was the MVP. Can see no reason Fitz cannot be the Jets' version of Jim Plunkett. Check him out.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I have been pointing out for quite some time now, to little or no response, that Fitz reminds me a lot of Jim Plunkett. For those who do not know him, he did absolutely nothing for his first 10 years or so in the league. When he wound up on the Raiders late in his career he was dubbed "the old man," and he won 2 Super Bowls for them. In the first of those two Super Bowls he was the MVP. Can see no reason Fitz cannot be the Jets' version of Jim Plunkett. Check him out.

While I would love nothing more than for Fitz to be the Jets Plunkett, I don't think its a very good analogy. Plunkett was a 1st overall draft pick who had the physical tools to be a great NFL QB. He struggled early in his carer because he was in a bad situation, or two bad situations, and because he struggled to learn the NFL game.

When he excelled with the Raiders, he was long written off.

The difference is that Fitz has physical limitations that Plunkett never had. Fitz has all the brains in the world, but he is physically limited, which really make it very difficult for him to be anything more than a game manager.

Jets fans expecting him to be anything more than a game manager will be sorely disappointed. He is far better than Geno, but I think I am too and I was a LB'er. Fitz is nothing more than a short term solution for the Jets, and they need to be going all out to get a long term solution, whether that is drafting, trading, whatever, they need to get in the long term qb because that guy is not on their roster.

The Jets agreed to terms on Wednesday with the former Denver Broncos wide receiver, considered by many the top free agent at his position after two seasons catching passes from Peyton Manning. His deal is reportedly worth $36.25 million over five years.

WOW.....Decker gets paid about the same as Cro. The #1 WR FA of his year is paid in the same ballpark as Cro......Just WOW.

Yes, the rookie of the year was a sh*t qb. Give me more of your riveting analysis.

He was a terrible choice for ROY. Anyone who paid attention for over a week knew Odel Beckham Jr was the real winner, and he won the AP ROY anyway. 

Archived