sooo, what are the expectations for bowles and company this year?

ylekram

Hard to say. I am psyched by all the moves. But we gotta see that draft still. Also, we have a brand spanking new coaching staff, and it may take time to gel.

But two basic things. We went from terrible CB play to potentially awesome corners. These guys are a few years older, but Revis and cro were incredible a few years ago. Hoping Father Time is kind and that should be an incredible improvement at an extremely important position

And as unsexy as a pick Fitzpatrick is, that may be the most important move so far. We now have a middle of the road qb. Going from worst in the league to average at the most important spot is HUGE.

We sucked last year, so I'm hoping for 8-8 or better. But let's see the draft...

Note - I am assuming a true qb competition. I feel like Geno may have a higher ceiling than fitz. But hoping if Geno still sucks in practice/preseason we roll with fitz, at which point I'd expect average qb play, which would be a huge improvement over last year

10 games. I wouldnt say Playoffs at the Moment. But the expectation is to win 10 games for sure. We dont have a QB. If Bowles and Mac trade for a starting QB then expectations will Change. We Need a min of 10 games this year.

Dude we went 8-8 with Geno as a rookie.  Enough with the we don't have QB; you might not like who we have but we have two qbs.  Sorry we are not trading for freaking Mike Glennon. 

With all the moves that have been made, this team can be very dangerous IF the team gels early. I think the underrated portion of our off season is what Gailey can do with our QB's!

We went to AFCC twice with a nasty defense and below average QB play, I think this defense has potential to be better then Rex's d during our AFCC runs. I also think Fitz can work well with what we have now, I also think Chan can improve Geno, so I'm not to worried about the QB position tbh.

It's nice to see we actually have professionals in charge of the team now, and it shows big time so far.

I'm excited for this season!

Semper Fi

Dude we went 8-8 with Geno as a rookie.  Enough with the we don't have QB; you might not like who we have but we have two qbs.  Sorry we are not trading for freaking Mike Glennon. 

So we went 8-8 with Geno and then 4-12 with Geno and Vick (which you didnt mention). Na, I dont feel like its enough. Thats how I feel. Dont like it? then you can scroll past my comments when talking anything QB. I'll feel this way until we get a QB.

I dont mean to bother you with it, but if you are bothered, I kinda dont care either lol.

I think we are all more than just the causal football fan..I think we know that there are normally several plays that affect the outcome of games..mainly turnovers..we limit turnovers...we win games

I see us getting more strip sacks & picks than last year. Hell, 2 forced turnovers can seal a game.

I got a feeling that this Big Nickel everyone talks about is going to have that QB hold that ball the one extra second for the a Sons of Anarchy to get to him.

Expect them to be in every game except maybe the Colts in Indy

8 wins would be a good start if they beat Pats, Bills, Giants, Fins in London and bonus to beat Dallas in Jerry world

Expect a couple of easy home wins with 9 games at Metlife (will be visitor against vagiants), but trips to London, Houston, Dallas and Oakland will take a toll if scheduled in consecutive weeks

Patriots
Bills
Dolphins

Home
Jaguars 
Titans
Eagles
Washington
Browns

Away
Texans
Colts 
Cowboys
Giants
Raiders

I'd like to see a more complete and competitive Offence, I know the D will be pretty, good, I'm not sure we will get the level of QB play to get ten wins. I'm not putting expectations on the team this year. I'm just glad to see the back of Rex's circus and the out of his depth Idzik.

Read an astute post a few days ago on the forum (forgot who) mentioning how we always did well during the season following a coaching change (maybe cause of weak schedule or good karma of a new regime). Mangini's first year we made the playoffs, same with Rex at the beginning (don't remember how it was with Herb)... Anyway, I think this might happen again, the question is: will we sustain it, especially with those new free agents we got who are 30 plus. I guess a lot depends on the draft.

10 games. I wouldnt say Playoffs at the Moment. But the expectation is to win 10 games for sure. We dont have a QB. If Bowles and Mac trade for a starting QB then expectations will Change. We Need a min of 10 games this year.

10 games is basically playoffs

So we went 8-8 with Geno and then 4-12 with Geno and Vick (which you didnt mention). Na, I dont feel like its enough. Thats how I feel. Dont like it? then you can scroll past my comments when talking anything QB. I'll feel this way until we get a QB.

I dont mean to bother you with it, but if you are bothered, I kinda dont care either lol.

Whatever, you will accept who we have at QB at some point because you don't have any choice in the matter so it really doesn't matter. Feel free to rant on about it.  I didn't mention Geno and Vick going 4-12 because the point was with a raw rookie they (over achieved and got lucky) and won 8 games his first year.  Now they have a much better all around team, better HC/OC there is no reason to believe they can't at least duplicate that with Geno, now in his third year, having played better the last month, or Harvard starting.  8-10 wins are definitely possible if things come together. Until we got some one else, I am going to root for who we have, especially a 3rd year player with upside.  Whether he reaches it is another story. 

Conceptually speaking, the 1st thing that needs to happen is the team has to stop beating itself.  That was the story for most of last season.  It starts with discipline, and that means turnovers and penalties MUST be low.

If guys stay healthy, it's going to be hard for almost anyone to score on this defense.  The best chance is to exploit the linebackers Harris and Davis by mismatching them vs. quick backs and tight ends.  But sustaining a drive is going to be very hard.  You won't be able to run consistently on this d-line and with Revis, Cro, and Skrine good luck getting the ball to your wide receivers on a regular basis.  Todd Bowles game plan is a lot like Rex's: stop the run on 1st/2nd down, get them into 3rd and long passing situations, and then bring the pressure and dictate what the offense must do.  It's the EXACT same philosophy as Rex, Cro said as much, just a different messenger (and hopefully one with better knowledge of offense and in-game situations).

Basically the offense just needs to not %^@! it up and we should be above .500 at the very least.

Archived