Jets Should Sign Greg Hardy

SR24

I would love to see this signing. This has potential to make the JETS defense a great one.

Unfortunately after overpaying Revis and Cromartie we might not have enough juice left to sign Hardy and potentially extend Wilkerson. That's why i am not a big fan of overpaying. Cro was looking for a 5.5-6 mill deal for max 2 years. We gave him 4 years at 8 mill per year. Mother of all head scratchers.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop. Revis, Cromartie, Skrine and a bunch of question marks. You have no idea who the #4 CB now. Miliner won't be ready for training camp. McDougle is a mystery because he hasn't played and he was hurt last season. If those two guys are healthy they still might not be good enough. We don't know that yet. And Marcus Williams showed promise last season, sure. He's not better than Walls. And with Revis and Cro both having injury histories, you don't cut solid players to save a little money to sign a woman beater.

But you mentioned two JAGs in Pace and Babin who as if they

Stop. Revis, Cromartie, Skrine and a bunch of question marks. You have no idea who the #4 CB now. Miliner won't be ready for training camp. McDougle is a mystery because he hasn't played and he was hurt last season. If those two guys are healthy they still might not be good enough. We don't know that yet. And Marcus Williams showed promise last season, sure. He's not better than Walls. And with Revis and Cro both having injury histories, you don't cut solid players to save a little money to sign a woman beater.

Babin and Pace aren't solid players at this point. They are on the team because we have no one else adequate enough to replace them. Also we are talking about a young 3 down stud fulling in for them but according to you our 5th or 6th string CB is a player not to get ride of if it was an obstacle to sign him???

Did Darrin sign a Jersey for you?

Kool, if you like the player not gonna tell you other wise.not even saying to cut him ,but just saying if we needed money that's $1 million that you don't need to pay.

Sign Greg Hardy, trade our #6 pick to Browns for their 2 first rounders hopefully grab Scherff and Melvin Gordon.

Greg Hardy is a test case for people to look in the mirror and decide which comes first.

Being a football fan, or a human being?

Chalk me up as a human being. No freakin' way to Greg Hardy.

Backing Brandon Marshall the way I have, in part, seems hypocritical even to me. However, I have witnessed in person the fits of rage from someone with BPD and choose to believe that Marshall has made tremendous progress since being diagnosed.

What Hardy did to that woman is truly scary... allegedly.

Greg Hardy is a test case for people to look in the mirror and decide which comes first.

Backing Brandon Marshall the way I have, in part, seems hypocritical even to me. However, I have witnessed in person the fits of rage from someone with BPD and choose to believe that Marshall has made tremendous progress since being diagnosed.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  Pass.

+1

But you mentioned two JAGs in Pace and Babin who as if they

Babin and Pace aren't solid players at this point. They are on the team because we have no one else adequate enough to replace them. Also we are talking about a young 3 down stud fulling in for them but according to you our 5th or 6th string CB is a player not to get ride of if it was an obstacle to sign him???

Right, and as I said I could one of Pace/Babin going if and when they find replacements for him.

And given the injury histories of the cornerbacks currently on the roster, the Jets need as much solid depth as they can, especially with how last year shook out.

I don't think we should get rid of anyone for Greg Hardy. I don't want him on the Jets, period.

Did Darrin sign a Jersey for you?

Kool, if you like the player not gonna tell you other wise.not even saying to cut him ,but just saying if we needed money that's $1 million that you don't need to pay.

I just don't see how you cut a solid player making very little money given how many question marks the Jets have in their secondary depth. That makes zero sense.

Well said.

It's an absolute 'no' from me regarding Hardy as well.  Any teams' GM who signs him should be faced with the fans calling for his job, because this man should be in prison (seeing as how he actually was convicted for what he did to that woman, and certainly should not be allowed to enjoy the privileges of getting paid millions of dollars to play a game.

That's the problem. It's quite easy for people to make accusations, and I've met more than a couple of women who have no problem using false accusations as a weapon. I've heard them say to others I'll just tell the police that you hit me. Most people are quick to automatically assume that a woman is telling the truth in those situations. I read that she claims that he threw her onto a couch that was covered with guns which seems kind off odd. 

Here is a link to the 911 call transcript. Hardy actually called the police not her.

http://blackandbluereview.com/greg-hardy-911-call/

Heres the audio.

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2014/05/14/17/08/JLW5r.So.138.mp3

That's the problem. It's quite easy for people to make accusations, and I've met more than a couple of women who have no problem using false accusations as a weapon. I've heard them say to others I'll just tell the police that you hit me. Most people are quick to automatically assume that a woman is telling the truth in those situations. I read that she claims that he threw her onto a couch that was covered with guns which seems kind off odd. 

Here is a link to the 911 call transcript. Hardy actually called the police not her.

Heres the audio.

He was convicted and then appealed, it was dismissed when she didnt show up for court. Also, explain all her injuries? And, he claims he couldnt get her to leave his apartment? He could have picked her up and carried her out! He also had to relinquish his guns so he did have them. He's a thug and should be banned from the nfl.

He was convicted and then appealed, it was dismissed when she didnt show up for court. Also, explain all her injuries? And, he claims he couldnt get her to leave his apartment? He could have picked her up and carried her out! He also had to relinquish his guns so he did have them. He's a thug and should be banned from the nfl.

Exactly.

The fact of the matter is that Goodell should ban Hardy from the NFL.  Thankfully, in the lack of leadership from Goodell, it appears as though the 32 owners are doing that for him, since nobody seems to want to sign him, even for the veteran minimum.  I would say, though, that I would have to seriously reconsider whether or not to continue to support the Jets should they bring this disgrace on board.

Heres the audio.

You are apparently ignorant of the facts.

Assistant District Attorney Jamie Adams told Tin in her closing arguments that Holder told the truth when she described how Hardy erupted while the two were in his bedroom after a long night of drinking at some of the city’s most popular and exclusive nightspots.

Hardy, Holder said, flung her from the bed, threw her into a bathtub, then tossed her on a futon covered with rifles. Holder said Hardy ripped a necklace he had given her off her neck, threw it into a toilet and slammed the lid on her arm when she tried to fish it out.

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound Hardy dragged her by the hair room to room, she said, before putting his hands around her throat.

“He looked me in my eyes and he told me he was going to kill me,” said Holder, 24, who said she used to live with Hardy.

“I was so scared I wanted to die. When he loosened his grip slightly, I said, ‘Just do it. Kill me.’ ”

Later, as Holder said she was held by her former boyfriend’s personal assistant, she said Hardy made the 911 call, showed her the phone, and said, “Run, little girl. You’re going to jail.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

Hardy and Holder settled in the civil suit and Hardy appealed the criminal case and the case was dismissed when the accuser vanished and could not be located, in all likelihood, Hardy gave her a handsome sum of money to just vanish.

Hardy is indeed human garbage. We really don't want him anywhere near the kids Bowles is bringing in. 

Because if he picks her up that could be considered domestic violence, you might be one to say he manhandled her if he did. Bruises can easily occur when a drunk person falls or is wildly flailing their arms while trying to hit someone. I know no one has ever been convicted wrongly particularly when a black male is accused of domestic violence against a white female. I'm not saying he isn't guilty, I'm just not as quick to judge based on the damsel in distress attitude. I'm also aware that woman can be just as vile and calculating as men. Neither of us were there. The accuser admitted to using cocaine that night, ever been around someone on coke? They aren't generally rational and clear headed. The audio from the 911 call doesn't support her narrative either.

I would love to see this signing. This has potential to make the JETS defense a great one.

Unfortunately after overpaying Revis and Cromartie we might not have enough juice left to sign Hardy and potentially extend Wilkerson. That's why i am not a big fan of overpaying. Cro was looking for a 5.5-6 mill deal for max 2 years. We gave him 4 years at 8 mill per year. Mother of all head scratchers.

You know Cromartie was looking for a 5.5-6 million deal over 2 years? You have a link to that? We also don't know the guaranteed money on that contract which is the most important factor

Because if he picks her up that could be considered domestic violence, you might be one to say he manhandled her if he did. Bruises can easily occur when a drunk person falls or is wildly flailing their arms while trying to hit someone. I know no one has ever been convicted wrongly particularly when a black male is accused of domestic violence against a white female. I'm not saying he isn't guilty, I'm just not as quick to judge based on the damsel in distress attitude. I'm also aware that woman can be just as vile and calculating as men. Neither of us were there. The accuser admitted to using cocaine that night, ever been around someone on coke? They aren't generally rational and clear headed. The audio from the 911 call doesn't support her narrative either.

Whatever, his 911 call was made to protect himself.

You are apparently ignorant of the facts.

Assistant District Attorney Jamie Adams told Tin in her closing arguments that Holder told the truth when she described how Hardy erupted while the two were in his bedroom after a long night of drinking at some of the city’s most popular and exclusive nightspots.

Hardy, Holder said, flung her from the bed, threw her into a bathtub, then tossed her on a futon covered with rifles. Holder said Hardy ripped a necklace he had given her off her neck, threw it into a toilet and slammed the lid on her arm when she tried to fish it out.

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound Hardy dragged her by the hair room to room, she said, before putting his hands around her throat.

“He looked me in my eyes and he told me he was going to kill me,” said Holder, 24, who said she used to live with Hardy.

“I was so scared I wanted to die. When he loosened his grip slightly, I said, ‘Just do it. Kill me.’ ”

Later, as Holder said she was held by her former boyfriend’s personal assistant, she said Hardy made the 911 call, showed her the phone, and said, “Run, little girl. You’re going to jail.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

Hardy and Holder settled in the civil suit and Hardy appealed the criminal case and the case was dismissed when the accuser vanished and could not be located, in all likelihood, Hardy gave her a handsome sum of money to just vanish.

Hardy is indeed human garbage. We really don't want him anywhere near the kids Bowles is bringing in. 

Sorry, but you haven't presented any facts. You presented one side of a he said she said argument. I on the other hand at least presented actual audio from the 911 call. Now the 911 call could have been a brilliant piece on CYA on his part. I never said he was innocent I'm just not so quick to presume his guilt.

Whatever, his 911 call was made to protect himself.

Maybe, that is quite possible. Of course I guess when evidence doesn't fit your views it's easy to dismiss. Having said that women can be quite vicious despite what some may want to believe.

Check out the little darlings below at a McDonalds in their 6 on 1 assault.

http://allenbwest.com/2015/03/black-lives-matter-watch-15-year-old-black-girl-violently-beaten-while-no-one-stops-it-warning-graphic/

Sorry, but you haven't presented any facts. You presented one side of a he said she said argument. I on the other hand at least presented actual audio from the 911 call. Now the 911 call could have been a brilliant piece on CYA on his part. I never said he was innocent I'm just not so quick to presume his guilt.

No presumption.  He was convicted the first time.  And there was and still is no dispute as to the accuracy of the testimony.  That's why, the 2nd time around, the key witness conveniently vanishes after she settles the civil suit.  The dude is human garbage and shouldn't be on any team.  He should be in prison.

No presumption.  He was convicted the first time.  And there was and still is no dispute as to the accuracy of the testimony.  That's why, the 2nd time around, the key witness conveniently vanishes after she settles the civil suit.  The dude is human garbage and shouldn't be on any team.  He should be in prison.

You mean testimony such as this?

http://blackandbluereview.com/hardy-quotes/

“She said, ‘He hasn’t seen crazy yet.'”

– Laura Iwanicki, Holder’s friend and co-worker, on what Holder told her while they were out the night of May 12.

You mean testimony such as this?

http://blackandbluereview.com/hardy-quotes/

“She said, ‘He hasn’t seen crazy yet.'”

– Laura Iwanicki, Holder’s friend and co-worker, on what Holder told her while they were out the night of May 12.

Undisputed:  He strangled her

Undisputed: He dragged her by her hair and threw her on a bed loaded with guns and rifles.

1st trial: Convicted

Civil suit: settled ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

After appeal: Key witness can't be found ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

If you have a doubt he did it, then fine.  The world needs outliers to question the obvious.  

Nevertheless, you want this guy on the Jets?  I don't usually care all that much about off-the-field behavior, but this guy is poison.  Don't want him anywhere near the young kids Bowles and Mac will be bringing to the team.  Sends the wrong message.  Bad idea.  Thank God it won't be happening.  

Undisputed:  He strangled her

Undisputed: He dragged her by her hair and threw her on a bed loaded with guns and rifles.

1st trial: Convicted

Civil suit: settled ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

After appeal: Key witness can't be found ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

If you have a doubt he did it, then fine.  The world needs outliers to question the obvious.  

Nevertheless, you want this guy on the Jets?  I don't usually care all that much about off-the-field behavior, but this guy is poison.  Don't want him anywhere near the young kids Bowles and Mac will be bringing to the team.  Sends the wrong message.  Bad idea.  Thank God it won't be happening.  

Didn't say I wanted him on the JETS. I agree, him on the team would be poison. Even if he was innocent it would be a huge distraction. Courts are not infallible. Hardy disputes her accusations. I find it hard to believe that a 290lb violent rampaging professional athlete only inflicted some "minor scratches & bruising", according to the police report, after a half hour assault on a 120lb woman who claims he beat the sh*t out of her. Rice knocked out his now wife with one blow after she hit him prior to going into the elevator. Honestly, I just like playing devil's advocate as things are not always what they seem. Maybe $$$$$ was the point. 

http://blackandbluereview.com/recapping-know-greg-hardys-first-court-appearance/

I agree. However, I must say that Marshall isn't in the same anything when it comes to Hardy. Hardy is a bad dude.

I am sure you still blame Kobe for raping that woman in Colorado.

Remember the Duke Lacrosse team.. It's apparent from the beating Hardy's GF took she doesn't bruise easily. 

Archived