I do not envy Maccag picking at 6th

afosomf

he is in a Cant win position. My best guess is he hopes M&M gets taken before 6. If he passes on him at 6 and M&M becomes a steve young type QB he will be crucified. If he takes him at 6 and passes on White Fowler or Cooper and M&M becomes Joey Harington he will be burned at stake.

Quite the position he is in.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mariota is going to drop into the teens. Maccagnan's biggest issue will come if, for some reason, Winston is still there at 6. If the Jets stay at 6, they're guaranteed to have either White or Cooper available, or at least one of Beasley, Dupree, or Fowler.

Mariota is going to drop into the teens. Maccagnan's biggest issue will come if, for some reason, Winston is still there at 6. If the Jets stay at 6, they're guaranteed to have either White or Cooper available, or at least one of Beasley, Dupree, or Fowler.

yeah i dont see how he can **** it up. if mariota is there and he takes him....you cant fault him even if mariota turns out to be bad.

I don't know much about Mariota, but if there's even a chance he's a franchise QB, you grab him. We all know how hard it is to find a young stud QB. Might not have an opportunity like this for a long time (especially when you consider how much talent we've added to our roster this year).

I don't know much about Mariota, but if there's even a chance he's a franchise QB, you grab him. We all know how hard it is to find a young stud QB. Might not have an opportunity like this for a long time (especially when you consider how much talent we've added to our roster this year).

There's a chance any QB you draft can be a franchise QB.

he is the next aaron rodgers.  you don't like rodgers ?

That is kind of how I see it. 

If you're Maccagnan and you believe in your new head coach and the players you have just signed to the team, then work on the assumption that you are unlikely to be picking in the top ten again any time soon. 

So if Mariota is there at 6, and you pass, you need to consider than moving up in a future draft for another potential franchise QB, is going to cost you a boatload of picks. 

If they don't believe in Mariota's potential, then the discussion is moot and you take BPA. But I don't believe that to the the case. 

true FB's get 1 carry a game now.  

Although it would be cool to see someone experiment with the marion motley approach and put a DT in the backfield full time, lol

True I just thought it was funny how things have changed.. Here's a draft I would be happy with and it includes the picks we don't have.

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

But Jim Taylor was pretty goo ... wait - who's Jim Taylor?

really ?   HOF superstar Jim Taylor ?  I mentioned him because he is a "true" FB.   

Green Bay Packers[edit]

Taylor was selected by the Packers in the second round of the 1958 NFL Draft, the 15th overall pick. He holds many Packers' records, including both career and single-season touchdowns. He was the Packers' all-time leading rusher until Ahman Green broke his record on November 8, 2009. He won the NFL rushing title in 1962, the only season that Jim Brown did not lead the league during his nine year career. Taylor's single-season yardage mark (1474) was not surpassed by a Packer until Ahman Green ran for 1883 yards in 2003 (a 16 game season as opposed to the 14 game 1962 season). At retirement, Taylor's 83 career rushing touchdowns placed him behind only Jim Brown.

Taylor was a member of four Packer NFL championship teams (196119621965, and 1966), where he was teamed in the backfield with halfback Paul Hornung. In the Packers 16-7 championship win over the New York Giants in 1962, Taylor set a championship record with 31 carries (for 85 yards) and scored Green Bay's only touchdown of the game. In Green Bay's 1965 championship win, he rushed for 97 yards. In January 1967, Taylor and the Packers played in Super Bowl I, in which they easily defeated the Kansas City Chiefs. Taylor was the top rusher of the game with 56 rushing yards and a touchdown (with his score being the first rushing touchdown in Super Bowl history).

Although not exceptional in size (6-0, 214 lbs.), Taylor was a physical fullback who often won legendary duels with linebacker Sam Huff. Taylor was selected to five consecutive Pro Bowls from 1960-64. He fumbled only 34 times in the 2,173 times he handled the ball (1.56% of his touches.)

really ?   HOF superstar Jim Taylor ?  I mentioned him because he is a "true" FB.   

Green Bay Packers[edit]

Taylor was selected by the Packers in the second round of the 1958 NFL Draft, the 15th overall pick. He holds many Packers' records, including both career and single-season touchdowns. He was the Packers' all-time leading rusher until Ahman Green broke his record on November 8, 2009. He won the NFL rushing title in 1962, the only season that Jim Brown did not lead the league during his nine year career. Taylor's single-season yardage mark (1474) was not surpassed by a Packer until Ahman Green ran for 1883 yards in 2003 (a 16 game season as opposed to the 14 game 1962 season). At retirement, Taylor's 83 career rushing touchdowns placed him behind only Jim Brown.

Taylor was a member of four Packer NFL championship teams (196119621965, and 1966), where he was teamed in the backfield with halfback Paul Hornung. In the Packers 16-7 championship win over the New York Giants in 1962, Taylor set a championship record with 31 carries (for 85 yards) and scored Green Bay's only touchdown of the game. In Green Bay's 1965 championship win, he rushed for 97 yards. In January 1967, Taylor and the Packers played in Super Bowl I, in which they easily defeated the Kansas City Chiefs. Taylor was the top rusher of the game with 56 rushing yards and a touchdown (with his score being the first rushing touchdown in Super Bowl history).

Although not exceptional in size (6-0, 214 lbs.), Taylor was a physical fullback who often won legendary duels with linebacker Sam Huff. Taylor was selected to five consecutive Pro Bowls from 1960-64. He fumbled only 34 times in the 2,173 times he handled the ball (1.56% of his touches.)

I think that the poster was talking about the Roger Vick type of FB...lol

I have a strong feeling its going to be Vic Beasley at 6 they going to complete the defense & go ham on offense starting in Rd 2.

I'm hoping Beasley is there at 6. Not a scout but his tape looks far more impressive than the other edge prospects. You see explosion and production, and then he shows unmatched athleticism at the combine.

DIN the middle rounds rooting for Danielle Hunter because he can set the edge and cover, and Neville Hewitt late as a hybrid S/LB.

And I want Hundley. In my eyes, if Hundley was at Oregon, he would have been a heisman candidate. Feel they are similar players but Hundley can be had later

For the record, if we get Vic Beasley, we'll be upset with his play. Guy is like a cannon off the line, but that's all he has. No other rushing moves at all. If he can't beat the tackle on the outside he cannot, will not, get to the quarterback. Can't rush inside at all. He's not that versatile and versatility is something that Bowles likes. He's going to have a lot of trouble with professional OTs. 

I'm hoping Beasley is there at 6. Not a scout but his tape looks far more impressive than the other edge prospects. You see explosion and production, and then he shows unmatched athleticism at the combine.

DIN the middle rounds rooting for Danielle Hunter because he can set the edge and cover, and Neville Hewitt late as a hybrid S/LB.

And I want Hundley. In my eyes, if Hundley was at Oregon, he would have been a heisman candidate. Feel they are similar players but Hundley can be had later

Brett Hundley is a horrible, horrible QB. What fans don't understand about Marriota is despite the fact that he was a 1 read QB, the guy hardly ever threw Ints.  He threw the ball plenty thou. 

The kid is a better Alex Smith. He needs time to sit and learn the pro game. Time he probably don't get in NY. You know, with Jets fans and their Bill Boards and sky writing.

Archived