I do not envy Maccag picking at 6th

afosomf

Brett Hundley is a horrible, horrible QB. What fans don't understand about Marriota is despite the fact that he was a 1 read QB, the guy hardly ever threw Ints.  He threw the ball plenty thou. 

The kid is a better Alex Smith. He needs time to sit and learn the pro game. Time he probably don't get in NY. You know, with Jets fans and their Bill Boards and sky writing.

His OC is none other then Scott Frost the Jets 3rd round pick in 1998.. The Tuna played him at safety but in college he was a QB that lead his Nebraska team to victory over Peytons Tennessee team 42-17 for the National championship.. :winking0001:

Mariota is going to drop into the teens. Maccagnan's biggest issue will come if, for some reason, Winston is still there at 6. If the Jets stay at 6, they're guaranteed to have either White or Cooper available, or at least one of Beasley, Dupree, or Fowler.

If that's the case which I think it will be also then he has to see where the most talent is position wise.  If there are more stud OLB's than WR's in this draft then grab either White or Cooper with pick 6 and go with the OLB in the top of the second round and vise versa.

This is what he does. Evaluate players. I am ok with whatever choice they make at 6 and see how it goes. I trust these guys.

No evidence to support this, but with Bradway gone and Macs player evaluation reputation I am willing to push the I believe button 

he is in a Cant win position. My best guess is he hopes M&M gets taken before 6. If he passes on him at 6 and M&M becomes a steve young type QB he will be crucified. If he takes him at 6 and passes on White Fowler or Cooper and M&M becomes Joey Harington he will be burned at stake.

Quite the position he is in.

So he will probably pay a lot of public attention to the guy so someone will trade up in front of him.

I don't know much about Mariota, but if there's even a chance he's a franchise QB, you grab him. We all know how hard it is to find a young stud QB. Might not have an opportunity like this for a long time (especially when you consider how much talent we've added to our roster this year).

What if he isn't?  What if the projection is above average?  We would probably take that too.  Some of it will be the man, and some the coaching he gets.  It is not always all the man himself.

He counted incompletions at a Pro day. Ok.

The Internet draft guru community has been preening over Mariota for two years and are loathe to contradict the reems of flowery prose they've committed to him over that time. Watching him throw NFL-level passes made everyone puke the other day. You'll see these worms claim that Mariota is "dropping" over the next five weeks, which is code for "we never knew what the **** we were talking about in the first place."

He counted incompletions at a Pro day. Ok.

The Internet draft guru community has been preening over Mariota for two years and are loathe to contradict the reems of flowery prose they've committed to him over that time. Watching him throw NFL-level passes made everyone puke the other day. You'll see these worms claim that Mariota is "dropping" over the next five weeks, which is code for "we never knew what the **** we were talking about in the first place."

There's no convincing you is there ?  Gotta love a fan that goes with his convictions. Pure Genius.

no worries Mariota will be long gone by 6,im hearing the Titans is having a change of heart.

Doubt it. They've been all over Williams. Sounds to me like their trying to smokescreen some team into trading up with them for Mariota. Basically the same thing the Texans tried to do with Bortles.

Doubt it. They've been all over Williams. Sounds to me like their trying to smokescreen some team into trading up with them for Mariota. Basically the same thing the Texans tried to do with Bortles.

Literally the same day that Philly made the Bradford deal, the "Skins loveeee Mariota" rumors started. Either the Titans or Raiders are thirsty to move down and are desperate to keep the Mariota market alive.

• Upvote 1

For the sake of staying on topic, only two ways Maccag saves face and imho keeps his job is if MM is gone at 6 or he picks him at 6. If he passes and MM becomes a star he will be blamed forever. If he picks him and MM flops that can be forgiven.

and if passes on Next Jerry Rice he can be forgiven?  Don't think so...Why I started thread..he is in a tough spot

Suggesting that McCagnan could take Mariota, watch as Mariota busts, and just take a "my bad" and move on is flat out wrong.  How many years would we have to commit to Mariota as a result?  At least 2-3?  How often do teams draft bust QB's that early in the draft and have the front office go unscathed?

If resident draft-niks around here, who aren't paid to do this, are correct about Mariota being a massive bust....and are proven correct, then what would that say if our GM pulls the trigger?  Do we really want to go down this QB road of failure yet again?

yeah i dont see how he can **** it up. if mariota is there and he takes him....you cant fault him even if mariota turns out to be bad.

Same pick and line of thought with Gholston IMO. There were six players to be taken that year, and the Jets would take the sixth. Unfortunately it ended up being Gholston.

That stuff happens, and it's hard to blame the GM that took the guy that most any other GM would have taken. 

If MM is there, he takes him. Let's hope he turns out good.

The diffrence is Gholston was not a QB. I can forgive a GM for trying to find a QB, because you can't win without one. You have to keep taking shots till you find one. As it's been said, this team is niw loaded enough to not have a high pick for a while.

I don't think the majority of posters think MM is going to bust, I know I dont.

• Upvote 1

True I just thought it was funny how things have changed.. Here's a draft I would be happy with and it includes the picks we don't have.

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

I see at #6 they have our first alternate to picking Fowler as picking Beasley. But then they have no one touching Beasley until pick 19 where the Browns take him (after passing on him at #12 themselves).

he is in a Cant win position. My best guess is he hopes M&M gets taken before 6. If he passes on him at 6 and M&M becomes a steve young type QB he will be crucified. If he takes him at 6 and passes on White Fowler or Cooper and M&M becomes Joey Harington he will be burned at stake.

Quite the position he is in.

Wow dude. Kind of extreme there. Crucified? Burned at the stake? I think Jets fans are savvy enough to understand the risk / reward of a young QB. The bottom line is that conventional wisdom says if the franchise QB is there when you pick YOU TAKE HIM. Then you develop him in your system the best you can and hope he becomes a winner. I believe Mariota WILL be a winner in the Jets system with a strong defense and run game. Get a grip.