Still Need More Weapons on Offense

JetBlue

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The value at #6 looks like the edge rusher, but this draft is deep with WR and RB talent, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the team address those positions with their following couple picks - depending on if/when they like a QB. RB, in particular, is a big need. They need a back who's fluid catching the football.

OL concerns are overstated here, IMHO. They just signed a FA guard, resigned Colon, and have a number of guys drafted the last two years to compete for one starting job along the line.

I agree about Evans but I thought you were referring to players not yet on the roster.  I wouldn't sleep on Crowder; he looks like a Wes Welker type of receiver.  Very quick and hard to cover. I do prefer Diggs as well. 

I have no issue with Crowder, I just don't like him for our team with Decker and Marshall.  I  want a complimentary type WR for those guys who will take the top off the defense with speed .  Devin Smith is my top candidate for this Job

2 years ago when the Seahawks won the Superbowl you could have literally replaced Russel Wilson with any Qb from the league (to include backups) and their playoff success that year would have been the same. (before people go nuts I am not saying Russel Wilson is garbage...I am saying they won with their defense)

The offense put up 27 points that day. 

Honestly, with the addition of Marshall the offense is fine. Nobody in the NFL is winning games because of their 4th receiver and between TJ Graham, Shaq Evans and Chris Oswu - they can find a 4th WR on the roster knowing Amaro is more of a joker anyway.

Depth is great but some stud #4 won't make a hell of a lot of difference.

They need a QB.

I get what you're saying and we all agree that they need a QB.  However, until one becomes available, I won't have any issue with continuing to add players on offense who will be far better at their jobs than the #4 or #5 DB who will be covering them. 

That further proves my point. That means they would have won the game if their offense scored nothing. Meaning that any QB could have been swapped out to win the game.

You're minimizing the O greatly. Look at the Jets D the last few years. They're good until the 4th when they sh*t the bed because they've been out there all day.

We need Gurley in the worst way. Our unit still needs some sort of identity as Geno, Ivory, Marshall, Decker and Amaro is not much of a crop to be too excited about. Don't care whether we have to trade back or trade up with our second back to the first round, I just hope to get our hands on a top 5 prospects like Gurley.

We need Gurley in the worst way. Our unit still needs some sort of identity as Geno, Ivory, Marshall, Decker and Amaro is not much of a crop to be too excited about. Don't care whether we have to trade back or trade up with our second back to the first round, I just hope to get our hands on a top 5 prospects like Gurley.

Whats wrong with Gordon or Duke Johnson in the 2nd?  Gurley won't last that long and I'm totally against taking a running back at 6.  This a very deep draft for backs.  We can probably wait until the 3rd and get Ameer Abdullah or another blue chip back. 

Whats wrong with Gordon or Duke Johnson in the 2nd?  Gurley won't last that long and I'm totally against taking a running back at 6.  This a very deep draft for backs.  We can probably wait until the 3rd and get Ameer Abdullah or another blue chip back.

No way would I pick him at 6th. However if we were to trade back for some reason I hope this is the guy we target. Gordon is a 1st round pick as well as one I feel we shouldn't trade up for. Duke Johnson! I'm a fan however I feel he will be gone by the 3rd round. There's so many team who can target him in the second. If we wait til the 3rd we would be in a position to pick a back with way too many flaws.

Gordon - 1st rounder

Johnson - 4th rounder

Abdullah - fumbler

Smith - late 1st rounder

Dorsett - 3rd or 4th rounder

Crowder - 6th rounder

Diggs   -  4th or 5th rounder 

DGB - off the Jets draft board ( no Proof)

We need to upgrade the OT positions and the defensive front 7 and we will be just fine in 2015. We will kick some AFC tail in 2016 if we do what I say . Good things come to those who wait.

We are two months from the draft.  Every year players move up and down for a variety of reasons.  After some Pro Days, personal work outs alot can and probably will change. 

Love this thread. It's rare I come across someone who is thinking like I am.

I would love to see Doresett and Duke Johnson as Jets, and we do need more firepower on offense.

3 other guys who I like that you didn't mention are

TE Nick O'Leary, he and Amaro could be huge for us for years.

RB Jay Ajayi ... I think he and Duke Johnson are the best 2 RB's in the draft. Ajayi will be available in the late 3rd early 4th.

RB Josh Robinson , prototype size, had a lack luster combine but his tape is outstanding. Hes a late round gem IMHO.

Thanks, our team is on the verge of being truly elite on defense and with a few strategic moves, can be dangerous on offense.  So many people keep harping on "yeah but we don't have a qb".  The best way to help any quarterback is to stockpile as many weapons as possible. 

BTW is Nick O'Leary a good blocker?  That is what we really need to add to the TE position. Amaro and Sasquatch are lacking a bit in that area. I'm not familiar with Robinson but Ajayi can ball.   

No way would I pick him at 6th. However if we were to trade back for some reason I hope this is the guy we target. Gordon is a 1st round pick as well as one I feel we shouldn't trade up for. Duke Johnson! I'm a fan however I feel he will be gone by the 3rd round. There's so many team who can target him in the second. If we wait til the 3rd we would be in a position to pick a back with way too many flaws.

If Gurley and Gordon are gone, and they really like Johnson but don't think he will be there in the 3rd then they have to take him at 37.  I personally don't see that happening though; it's either Gurley or Gordon in the 2nd, or wait until the 3rd/4th rounds for a running back.  There should still be talented players available and we are not drafting them to start anyway. 

Archived