Pats try to recreate secondary by signing CB Fletcher

BroadwayJets

Honestly, who cares about what the Pats are doing.  We have a good vibe going right now...let's ditch the "little brother" routine.

We have to play them twice a year and hopefully compete with them for a Division title, so  yeah, I'd like to hear what they are up to especially when they are making desperate moves. 

Remember with the Pats they have been able to win with crap for years so I wouldn't get to cocky just yet.  As long as they have Brady and Belicheck, they will find ways to make chicken salad out of chicken poop.  Having said that, this year will be their greatest challenge yet, because it isn't just one team that has significantly improved (on paper at least), but the entire division.  

Apologies for thread dumping, really wasn't my intent.  I just think Rex damaged this fanbase in making us obsess over everything the Pats do.  I live in Boston which makes it exponentially worse.  

Rex may have farted on the fire, that attitude was alive and kicking well before Rex.

They made a sh*t signing. And they'll rely on him and he'll most likely suck all season, which helps us out

They've always made sh*t signings and those signings suck...And they've always been winning.

They made a sh*t signing. And they'll rely on him and he'll most likely suck all season, which helps us out

They signed him for 2 mill a year with a 100,000 bonus, why is it a sh*tty signing. Because the eagles did not keep safeties over the top. The guy is an average nfl cb a #3 or 4 guy,   If you think Fletcher is bad, you must hate the skrine signing for 4X the money

They signed him for 2 mill a year with a 100,000 bonus, why is it a sh*tty signing. Because the eagles did not keep safeties over the top. The guy is an average nfl cb a #3 or 4 guy,   If you think Fletcher is bad, you must hate the skrine signing for 4X the money

Skrine's actually good, so no.

Skrine's actually good, so no.

Define "good", are you saying he played 4x better than Fletcher?  Skrine played almost as poorly as Bradley did last season. Now Skrine was playing outside and he is better on the inside but he did not play well at all last year and the jets gave him an outrageous amount of money. 

Did you see Davis's scheme, he played Bradley and Williams like they were Sherman and Revis. No safety help at all. 

Define "good", are you saying he played 4x better than Fletcher?  Skrine played almost as poorly as Bradley did last season. Now Skrine was playing outside and he is better on the inside but he did not play well at all last year and the jets gave him an outrageous amount of money. 

Did you see Davis's scheme, he played Bradley and Williams like they were Sherman and Revis. No safety help at all. 

considering how bad Fletcher played in Philly, it's entirely possible. He was burnt toast on a weekly basis. At least Skrine had some highlights.

^

No safety help, yet was targeted 4th most in the league, completion rate of 53% (probably his best stat), and allowed the most yards in the league for any corner. 1 pick and saw the 4th most balls. Lol. Don't mind me, him starting for you guys is just something light for me to laugh about.

^

No safety help, yet was targeted 4th most in the league, completion rate of 53% (probably his best stat), and allowed the most yards in the league for any corner. 1 pick and saw the 4th most balls. Lol. Don't mind me, him starting for you guys is just something light for me to laugh about.

Why do you think he will start. He will likely be the #4 or 5 corner.  This is a typical bb pickup, give the guy $100,000 SB and lessen a need. BB signs about 5 or six vets every year that don't make it out of camp even. 

Why do you think he will start. He will likely be the #4 or 5 corner.  This is a typical bb pickup, give the guy $100,000 SB and lessen a need. BB signs about 5 or six vets every year that don't make it out of camp even. 

Hoping he does, don't think he will.

^

So you're saying this guy was worse than any of the Jets CB's last year?

If this was the end of training camp then that might be a concern. 

However, we have the draft coming up and I imagine a CB is high on the Patriots' list.

Plus, Chung looked pretty good after excaping Philly and we always have the end of camp cuts/trades were we could get a productive player. 

Archived