Jets Hosting WR Denarius Moore

AFJF

Really? Because everything I have read says he is downfield threat and a "speedster" aka a burner.

I said NOT just a burner. Read everything again. And see his highlights. He is not your typical speedo type wr.  He has very good hands, gets open and goes over the middle.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just for sh*ts and giggles, I did a quick look at the pass happy teams by most attempts in the league last year.  None of them had 4th WR come close to that type of production.

And as an example, I took the best year offensively for the Bills under Gailey and checked out the production their 4#.  23, 231, 1.

This is just signing someone to sign someone.  Its just getting stupid at this point, IMO.

Marshall > Decker > Kerley > Amaro > RB's > Moore

I honestly don't see anything wrong with what you're saying, but nor do I see anything wrong with adding a low-cost receiver with a history that suggests he can perform at a high level.  I'm not suggesting they give him $8 mil per season, just a couple million to add depth to a receiving corps that has been horrible for the better part of fifteen years.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with what you're saying, but nor do I see anything wrong with adding a low-cost receiver with a history that suggests he can perform at a high level.  I'm not suggesting they give him $8 mil per season, just a couple million to add depth to a receiving corps that has been horrible for the better part of fifteen years.

I think "high level" is a huge exaggeration. He's had over 50 catches once in his 4 year career and that was 2 years ago.  He had 12 last year.

He's someone who have a minimal impact on the offense.  An impact they can already find on the roster.  This is pointless signing just to spend money IMO.

So just for sh*ts and giggles, I did a quick look at the pass happy teams by most attempts in the league last year.  None of them had 4th WR come close to that type of production.

And as an example, I took the best year offensively for the Bills under Gailey and checked out the production their 4#.  23, 231, 1.

This is just signing someone to sign someone.  Its just getting stupid at this point, IMO.

Marshall > Decker > Kerley > Amaro > RB's > Moore

Your point is stupid. 

Marshall, Decker, and Kerley have all missed games and/or been hobbled the last couple years.  You don't sign Moore expecting great production from your 4th WR.  You sign him because you know he can be relied upon if and when he needs to play a bigger role.

It's kind of like what Harry Douglas was in ATL..  most of the time a non-factor but as soon as White or Jones went down he had big time production.

If the need is to pass on DGB at 37 for some scrub Safety just cuz we signed a scrub from the raiders ok

Looking at the roster, I'd say the need is for a proven deep threat.  Doesn't hurt that he's just entering his prime as well.

I think "high level" is a huge exaggeration. He's had over 50 catches once in his 4 year career and that was 2 years ago.  He had 12 last year.

He's someone who have a minimal impact on the offense.  An impact they can already find on the roster.  This is pointless signing just to spend money IMO.

Who was throwing him the ball in Oakland?  They have had pathetic QB play like us.  Carr should get better, nice pick for them last year.

One point I made earlier is that I think any level of even decent production in Oakland should be commended.  They're a disaster of a franchise and while playing with arguably the worst trio of QB's in the NFL (Pryor, McGloin, Flynn) in year three he still posted 46/695/5.  That's pretty damn good IMO, but to each his own.

Your point is stupid. 

Marshall, Decker, and Kerley have all missed games and/or been hobbled the last couple years.  You don't sign Moore expecting great production from your 4th WR.  You sign him because you know he can be relied upon if and when he needs to play a bigger role.

It's kind of like what Harry Douglas was in ATL..  most of the time a non-factor but as soon as White or Jones went down he had big time production.

He had 12 receptions last year on the Raiders.  The Raiders.  Raiders.

Harry Douglas is their slot receiver.  Not even a remote comparison to this situation.  

Do you watch Football at all? 

Who was throwing him the ball in Oakland?  They have had pathetic QB play like us.  Carr should get better, nice pick for them last year.

He actually had Carson Palmer in years one and two, but still produced with Pryor, McGloin and Flynn two years ago...that's more impressive than what he did with Palmer IMO.

This draft is loaded at WR. Get one there no more of these buy low scrubs.

So you would prefer an unknown draft pick over a proven low-cost player?  To each his own.

James Jones had 73 receptions this year.  Moore 12.

One point I made earlier is that I think any level of even decent production in Oakland should be commended.  They're a disaster of a franchise and while playing with arguably the worst trio of QB's in the NFL (Pryor, McGloin, Flynn) in year three he still posted 46/695/5.  That's pretty damn good IMO, but to each his own.

They had their best QB play in years this year and Moore had 12 receptions. 

Whatever.  Another stupid argument.  The guy sucks, he's useless, why are we even debating this?  He'll be useless here but lets get excited about spending money to spend money.

Harry Douglas is their slot receiver.  Not even a remote comparison to this situation.  

You don't like him, that's fine, but I can just as easily point out that when he was healthy and given the opportunity, he  went for 130/2,054/17 over three seasons for the Raiders, the Raiders, the Raiders.

Randy Moss sucked with the Raiders,  The Raiders.  Raiders. 

Until he left and didn't.

Go look at Harry Douglas' stats with both Jones and White healthy compared to when one of them missed a game.

You're talking to a head coach of multiple fantasy football championship teams.  I demand your respect.

Randy Moss sucked with the Raiders,  The Raiders.  Raiders. 

Until he left and didn't.

Go look at Harry Douglas' stats with both Jones and White healthy compared to when one of them missed a game.

You're talking to a head coach of multiple fantasy football championship teams.  I demand your respect.

79 receptions 8 TD's. We'd cream for that production..  But yeah, he sucked.  lmfao.

You're terrible at this.

79 receptions 8 TD's. We'd cream for that production..  But yeah, he sucked.  lmfao.

You're terrible at this.

Obviously no shortage of examples but as a Jet fan this was the first one that came to mind for me.

Terrance Mathis w/ Jets from 1991-1993:

6 Starts, 93 catches, 1,182 yds, 4 TD's.

1994-1995 with Falcons:

189 rec, 2,381 yds, 20 TD's.

Again, if you don't like him that's fine, but does that mean we have to act like a player has never gone from a terrible team to a less terrible team and played well?

Actually, my mistake, it was 60, for over 1,000 yards and 8 TD's.  SUCKS!!!!!!!

Holmes had eerily similar stats to that in 2011.  He also quit on his team like Moss had.

I don't remember anyone "creaming" for that production.  Most just wanted him cut.

I'd rather them develop someone on the roster than sign some underachiever who really isnt going to contribute much. Its signing someone to sign someone and its stupid. IMO

I think I'd like the signing as there's a solid chance he becomes out #2 when/if Decker goes down for a few games. I'd rather have Marshall and Moore with Kerley still in the slot as opposed to Marshall and Salas/Kerley/graham and then tossin the other guy in the slot. Seems like overkill as a #3/4, but of you consider the likelihood that Marshall and Decket miss a few games it doesn't seem like the worst idea. Out WR depth has been embarrassing the last few years.

Holmes had eerily similar stats to that in 2011.  He also quit on his team like Moss had.

I don't remember anyone "creaming" for that production.  Most just wanted him cut.

JiF was always a Holmes fan.  Moore is talented, but suffered from "consistency and work ethic issues" in Oakland.  He probably won't be guaranteed, so there shouldn't be much downside.  Check him out and cut, like Jacoby Ford last season.

JiF was always a Holmes fan.  Moore is talented, but suffered from "consistency and work ethic issues" in Oakland.  He probably won't be guaranteed, so there shouldn't be much downside.  Check him out and cut, like Jacoby Ford last season.

Pretty much...if the price is low then why not?  Could do a hell of a lot worse.

To each his own, but I'll take the guy who has shown he can do it over the guy who might or might not be able to do it every single time.

I'm done with the David Nelson's and Chaz Schilenses. This guy is better but not by a lot Id rather get a guy in this loaded draft.

I'm done with the David Nelson's and Chaz Schilenses. This guy is better but not by a lot Id rather get a guy in this loaded draft.

In what way does his career production and skill set compare to either of the two players you just mentioned?  Not by a lot?  Each of his first three seasons were more productive than Schilens or Nelson ever were.  They weren't even good enough to stay in the league.  Do you think he's on the verge of being out of the NFL?  If he's not a lot better than those two then he shouldn't he be close to retirement?

Carr had 21 tds and 12 picks as a rookie Geno in his second year had to have a perfect game in his last start to finish at 13-13..

Pretty much...if the price is low then why not?  Could do a hell of a lot worse.

There is a difference between signings like this and the higher tier guys.  Those guys get guarantees and we will not cut them, so it stifles competition and holds roster spots.  that seems like what happened in the secondary.  Or think Giacomini.  Contracts like this or Colon and Brewer don't usually have much guaranteed and you can cut them without any problems, the way they did with Peterman in 2013 and Ford last year.

There is a difference between signings like this and the higher tier guys.  Those guys get guarantees and we will not cut them, so it stifles competition and holds roster spots.  that seems like what happened in the secondary.  Or think Giacomini.  Contracts like this or Colon and Brewer don't usually have much guaranteed and you can cut them without any problems, the way they did with Peterman in 2013 and Ford last year.

I've always been a fan of low risk/high reward guys but there are some people who seem to be under the impression that every free agent must get tens of millions in guaranteed money so therefore not worth bringing in for a look.

Carr had 21 tds and 12 picks as a rookie Geno in his second year had to have a perfect game in his last start to finish at 13-13..

True, but since the Raiders decided to sit him for most of the season after three productive years, he never really played with Carr.  Did some good work with Carson Palmer, Matt McGloin, Terrelle Pryor and Matt Flynn.

True, but since the Raiders decided to sit him for most of the season after three productive years, he never really played with Carr.  Did some good work with Carson Palmer, Matt McGloin, Terrelle Pryor and Matt Flynn.

Devil's advocate:  They were keeping him away from their prized rookie because he is poison.

Devil's advocate:  They were keeping him away from their prized rookie because he is poison.

Could be 100% right.  Bring him in and find out. If he is, dump him and move on.

Archived