How is JD Drew starting?

Barton

Our best option hit .190 last year. OK.

I give him a mulligan for last year, circumstances were not ideal. Pirela will make the trip up north, he'll get his at bats, and he's next in line to start if Drew shows he can't hack it. Not in spring training where results mean little, but when it matters in April and June. I had no problem with re-signing Drew to a 1 year deal. Refsnyder last year played a poor 2B, and he's continued that this spring. Unfortunately he may be a guy without a position.

Least of the Yankees worries. He can play an above average second base and before last season was respectable with the bat. If he completely sucks? So what release him. 5 million is pennies to the Yankees. If it works out and he plays like 2013? It's a bargain.

It's quite a bit for someone that was a black hole offensively last season. Very little power or speed and below the Mendoza line. His OPS+ was THIRTY NINE.

Drew got more than double that last year from the Red Sox and difficult circumstances that I believe greatly impacted his season is why he only for $5 million this year. And obviously he's evaluated by his entire baseball card, not just one line of it. Everyone needs someone to beat up on, obviously Drew is the guy this year.

Drew got more than double that last year from the Red Sox and difficult circumstances that I believe greatly impacted his season is why he only for $5 million. And obviously he's evaluated by his entire baseball card, not just one line of it.

I haven't bought any in like 20 years, but baseball cards have OPS+ on them now? That's pretty cool.

Teams cant find shortstops. He's only 1 season removed from a 3.4 WAR playing shortstop. I know he's playing 2B for us right now but don't expect the Yankees to get rid of him any time soon, he's the SS if anything happens to Didi.

Which is key, if Didi flops completely(worst case scenario) you have an above average defender at short with Drew who before last years fiasco was a pretty decent hitter for a SS.

Teams cant find shortstops. He's only 1 season removed from a 3.4 WAR playing shortstop. I know he's playing 2B for us right now but don't expect the Yankees to get rid of him any time soon, he's the SS if anything happens to Didi.

That's a really good point actually.

Stephen Drew has been heating up this past week, maybe missing all of spring training and part of the season really did effect him last year.Let's not forgot 2013 he hit double digit home runs, hit over .250 and played a really good SS for the World Series champs.

Archived