Is Kyle Wilson better than Buster Skrine?

DRJETS

This guy surrendered 8 TD along with a league leading 17 penalties.  But according to Pro Football focus it was an improvement over his 2013 season.  WTF.   One of the reason ESPN ranked his contract as one of the worst given this year. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy surrendered 8 TD along with a league leading 17 penalties.  But according to Pro Football focus it was an improvement over his 2013 season.  WTF.   One of the reason ESPN ranked his contract as one of the worst given this year. 

If we believe that, then we believe that macc and Todd are idiots.   They could have had Wilson cheaper.

Obviously not as no one has signed Wilson, not even Rex.

Well, if Wilson was the Jets #2 he would have given up 20 TD's. Skrine is going from the Browns #2 guy to the Jets #3. I think he'll be fine. 

You're using PFF as some sort of gospel for grading players. You should stop doing that.

I had a poster do that to me a little over a month ago. Threw some PFF stats in my face and used it as if it was "the scientific gospel".  The same PFF system that graded Dawan Landry as the 9th best Safety in the league a year or two ago. Ridiculous. 

Guys..come on now. Skrine as a SLOT BACK CB will be a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than Wilson. So please, when judging Skrine please keep in mind that he will be the Slot CB. Also, Skrine's penalties come from his aggression at the position....something Kyle (get the F outta here) does not have. Skrine strengthens our secondary. Kyle was a bust as a 1st rounder. 

by the way, PFF's rating system is absurd, particularly their defensive rankings.  Their metrics produce all sorts of out-of-whack rankings.   It's very entertaining, but ridiculous.  Please... no one should be quoting their defensive rankings.  It's embarrassing.

Guys..come on now. Skrine as a SLOT BACK CB will be a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than Wilson. So please, when judging Skrine please keep in mind that he will be the Slot CB. Also, Skrine's penalties come from his aggression at the position....something Kyle (get the F outta here) does not have. Skrine strengthens our secondary. Kyle was a bust as a 1st rounder. 

What?!?! No Aggression??? You better look again. 

205cw0g.jpg

I've seen Kyle wag that finger every time the QB overthrew the pass. lol

Kyle Wilson is a great person I've met him on numerous occasions he also gives a lot back to his community has great parents.

Please refrain on the personal attacks things didn't work out for him here wish him the best in his future.

No one is saying he's a bad dude. They're saying he's a bad CB, which he is.

Lighten the **** up.

Kyle Wilson is a great person I've met him on numerous occasions he also gives a lot back to his community has great parents.

Please refrain on the personal attacks things didn't work out for him here wish him the best in his future. 

Christ almighty.  No one is criticizing Kyle Wilson, the person or his parents.  The FACT is that Wilson is a horrendous defensive back and has no business starting anywhere in the NFL.

As previous posters said, Skrine played out of position on the outside last year but he did stink last year. With Millner and Cro and Revis Manning the out side he will revert back to covering the slot and then in most cases he will be a very good CB, in 2013 he was fine with the browns when manning the slot. What is going to hurt him is TE lining up on the tackle then moving to the slot, at 5-9 and 180lbs he just gets overrun

Kyle Wilson was poorly coached here at Boise St he was beast just as Vernon Gholston was at Ohio St

The Jets sometimes ruin players

He was not coached poorly at all. Dude just has the instincts of a dead animal. I'm sure Kyle Wilson the person is great, but Kyle Wilson the DB was as useful as a flaming bag of dogsh*t. You liking him on a personal level isn't going to stop me from expressing that opinion.

Wilson isn't better then Busta Rhymes..  :winking0001:

hiding in the bushes doesn't count as "meeting" someone

I really am sick of people quoting PFF.  It might as well be Bleacher Report.

That's become a pretty popular opinion of PFF but if they're so unreliable, why are agents, front offices and head coaches using their data and finding it overlaps a lot of their player grades?  I still don't view them as gospel but they have a hell of a lot more credibility than BR.

Kyle Wilson was poorly coached here at Boise St he was beast just as Vernon Gholston was at Ohio St 

The Jets sometimes ruin players 

This is kind of like the Calvin Pryor argument that says he takes poor angles because of the coaching staff.  Once a college CB makes it to the NFL, shouldn't he already know to turn his head around to locate the ball?  I won't pretend I was in the meeting rooms with the guy, but I'd feel pretty comfortable saying that at some point during his time with the Jets, somebody told him to make an effort to locate the ball and he never did.  Frustrating because let's face it, he was good enough to stay stride for stride with a lot of receivers but it was a wasted because he'd still get beat.

Strange, because I have it on good authority that he's a rapist.

Thats great I will try and forward him this post. 

You should be banned for this false,condescending slanderous remark. 

hiding in the bushes doesn't count as "meeting" someone

Get a life 

As previous posters said, Skrine played out of position on the outside last year but he did stink last year. With Millner and Cro and Revis Manning the out side he will revert back to covering the slot and then in most cases he will be a very good CB, in 2013 he was fine with the browns when manning the slot. What is going to hurt him is TE lining up on the tackle then moving to the slot, at 5-9 and 180lbs he just gets overrun

He had his ups and downs...played great against Atlanta with Matt Ryan/Julio Jones/Roddy White but then got abused by Tennessee.

I'm a nice person also but I'd be a pathetic cb like wilson has been since he's been here. kudos to him for being a good guy but no one here cares.

Archived