The New Fireman Ed Thread

Maxman

"Long term plan", LOL, as if it's his to decide and if anyone cares already. Long term plan. Ha ha ha.

"Surprisingly"? LOL, how about "predictably". Funny thing about NFL teams and their owners; they don't like being embarrassed on national TV on a national holiday by their f-cking mascots. A boy in a furry suit can be controlled. A grown man in a hard hat is a liability. Ed's credibility with Jets management and the Jets fanbase was already hanging by a thread prior to his staged walkout. Now it's done.

Your petition odometer has been stuck on 3,626 for three months. I told you that all it would take to undo all the goodwill of the Idzik campaign was to hitch your wagon to the wrong horse. Giddy up!

SAR I

As long as I get my steaks on opening day, we are cool... You can think whatever you want about me - Ed - the fans inside the stadium - but if I don't get my delicious steak that you promised me, I am going to be upset.

I saw a steak on instagram that Tailgate Joe cooked up the other day.. It looked amazing.. I want that exact steak.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a great idea for a halftime show. 

SAR I vs Fireman Ed in a steel cage on the 50 yard line. 

Loser is banned from MetLife for life. 

The guy who envies the attention others get vs. the guy he says gets too much attention.

Possibly the least interesting thing of all time.

I don't know the entire story between Ed and the Jets but from what I had heard the Jets have reached out to him several times.  Maybe he should reach out to them at this point.  That is assuming that's how things have gone the past couple of years.

Please make sure he has a plan for the upper deck as well.  I sit up there and it's hard to get the fans pumped up.  I try every game.

I'm up there with you now. We're taking that section over

As long as I get my steaks on opening day, we are cool... You can think whatever you want about me - Ed - the fans inside the stadium - but if I don't get my delicious steak that you promised me, I am going to be upset.

I saw a steak on instagram that Tailgate Joe cooked up the other day.. It looked amazing.. I want that exact steak.

The steak is yours, I owe you that for the Idzik brilliance.

If Ed is at the tailgate, he gets a house hamburger.

SAR I

The guy who envies the attention others get vs. the guy he says gets too much attention.

Possibly the least interesting thing of all time.

I don't envy anyone.  If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. 

And being a mascot for a sports team would be about the lowest rung on the ladder, not what anyone would aspire to be.  Ed should take a page from the Dancing Guy at Rangers games.  No one knows his name, he's not being shady by trying to monetize his minor celebrity, he's not making media comments on management, he's not creating look at me moments by storming out of tough losses, he's just a good fan who likes to get the crowd pumped up.  If Ed were that, people might like him.  Ed believes he's the "spokesman" for the typical Jets fan.  That's his mistake.  He doesn't represent us or the Jets.  He represents Fireman Ed LLC and that's the issue.

SAR I

I don't envy anyone.  If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. 

And being a mascot for a sports team would be about the lowest rung on the ladder, not what anyone would aspire to be.  Ed should take a page from the Dancing Guy at Rangers games.  No one knows his name, he's not being shady by trying to monetize his minor celebrity, he's not making media comments on management, he's not creating look at me moments by storming out of tough losses, he's just a good fan who likes to get the crowd pumped up.  If Ed were that, people might like him.  Ed believes he's the "spokesman" for the typical Jets fan.  That's his mistake.  He doesn't represent us or the Jets.  He represents Fireman Ed LLC and that's the issue.

SAR I

That was easy.

SAR I

Ed is a retired NYC Fireman something you could never be and your money could never buy it. 

Ed is a likable guy with a heart of gold why people are jealous and hate him is beyond me. 

SAR I if you were harassed and physically threatened at games like he was what would you do?  

Besides text for help you would disappear and never return to MetLife again. 

Can you provide us with any proof that Ed ever capitalized financially off the Jets. 

Ed is a retired NYC Fireman something you could never be and your money could never buy it. 

Ed is a likable guy with a heart of gold why people are jealous and hate him is beyond me. 

SAR I if you were harassed and physically threatened at games like he was what would you do?  

Can you provide us with any proof that Ed ever capitalized financially off the Jets. 

Why do you keep biting?

lol… when you take a step back and realize what Sar is - the ultimate troll who is by far the best possible member of any forum if you are looking to create dialogue.. He is a heel.. and I like him.. When you like him, he doesn't get under your skin.

I can't wait to eat steaks with the guy and have a laugh with him… he doesn't hate Ed. He loves attention. 

lol… when you take a step back and realize what Sar is - the ultimate troll who is by far the best possible member of any forum if you are looking to create dialogue.. He is a heel.. and I like him.. When you like him, he doesn't get under your skin.

I can't wait to eat steaks with the guy and have a laugh with him… he doesn't hate Ed. He loves attention. 

SAR is the Kevin Owens of JetNation

I don't hold firemen in such high regard.  I appreciate the role they play but more often than not those are where the car shop guys from high school go who didn't go on to college.  My cousin was a NYC police officer and he didn't do it for bravery or to save the world, he did it because he didn't have any other career options and was psyched about the early retirement and pension.  You can ask him, he'll tell you the same thing.

Ed was a likeable guy.  Not anymore.  He quit and embarrassed the Jets and their fans on national TV.  A couple thousand drunks forgive him, millions of others don't. 

Getting harassed and being targeted goes with fame.  Ed loves the fame, Ed accepts the risk it can bring.

Not sure what you mean by proof that Ed made money on the Jets, but he was interviewed for TV and newspaper, he appeared at several Jets rallies, he made his own iPhone app, there's money to be made there, some marketing funds went his way, I'm sure he's done some motivational public speaking here or there.

Not sure why we talk so much about a Jets fan who walked out on the team, hates our owner, blames PSL owners for in-game atmosphere, and is using the new rebirth of the Jets as a way to get some of his lost limelight back.  Have at it if you must, but don't act surprised at the lack of concern and lack of petition support.  He brought that on himself.

SAR I

What I'm good at, and it's unintentional, is speaking truths that others don't like to hear.  So many myths about PSL's and Fireman Ed and Woody Johnson and Tailgating and Military Recognitions have so many people heading in the wrong direction and when I point it out things get interesting.

But I'm not a troll.  I don't set out to incite and flame fellow Jets fans.  I just see things from a different point of view.  The types that used to fill Giants Stadium aren't the same as those who fill MetLife Stadium, there's bound to be some friction.  I don't do it for sport.  I don't even seek it out.  But way too often, people are saying A and I know they're wrong and I say B and calling me a troll for that isn't right.

SAR I

I don't hold firemen in such high regard.  I appreciate the role they play but more often than not those are where the car shop guys from high school go who didn't go on to college.  My cousin was a NYC police officer and he didn't do it for bravery or to save the world, he did it because he didn't have any other career options and was psyched about the early retirement and pension.  You can ask him, he'll tell you the same thing.

I'd say this went too far. But, you're you.

I'd say this went to far. But, you're you.

No doubt... You may not hold firemen in high regard but tell that to the families who lost loved ones that ran up in the buildings on 9:11 while the rest of the people were running down...

Or god forbid you ever have a house fire and you loved ones are stuck inside - they will be the first running in to save them... I give credit to military, police, fire and any other job that I wouldn't do.. They are all way more brave than I am and deserve your respect.

I really want to delete Sars post because it seems so offensive. But i'm going to let it stay and people can think what they want about Sar. True colors have a funny way of shining through.

That said...and I don't want this thread to take a political turn, otherwise it will get locked. But I have a son who is working his ass off in life. He is doing awesome in college and the corporate world would be easy for him after being a scholar \ athlete in college. He has a lot of choices and opportunity. He has chosen criminology because he wants to go into law enforcement. So Sar you can think whatever you want.

But if you think you are going to use this board to thumb your arrogant nose at policeman and fireman you are wrong. You are not going to do that here.

I really want to delete Sars post because it seems so offensive. But i'm going to let it stay and people can think what they want about Sar. True colors have a funny way of shining through.

That said...and I don't want this thread to take a political turn, otherwise it will get locked. But I have a son who is working his ass off in life. He is doing awesome in college and the corporate world would be easy for him after being a scholar \ athlete in college. He has a lot of choices and opportunity. He has chosen criminology because he wants to go into law enforcement. So Sar you can think whatever you want.

But if you think you are going to use this board to thumb your arrogant nose at policeman and fireman you are wrong. You are not going to do that here.

Time out. I am not putting down those men who actually have ran into flaming buildings to save lives. They are heroes.

What I am saying is that from personal experience, those who choose that profession do so because other professions aren't available to them, it's not their dream job. That is what was intended in my response to joewilly and his contention that I'm jealous of Fireman Ed because he was a firefighter and I'm not.

And as for the 'hero' bit, in my town firemen spend 99% of their time setting up orange cones for parades and road construction and I can't recall the last time we actually had a fire or an emergency that required their participation.  We had a bear and they helped tranquilize and remove him last year.  Interesting articles here on what firemen actually do which is act as a wingman to the police department and ambulance corps just to keep busy, many cities are trying to redefine what a fire department is and re-allocate funding where necessary. 

Again, not putting down someone who runs into a burning building to save someone.  That is heroic.  But the typical firefighter doesn't see that type of action ever and it's not an arrogant nose-thumb to say that I'd rather be doing something else when challenged on why that isn't my profession.

SAR I

http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars/strong-478777-fire-ocregister.html

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2012/07/firefighters-dont-fight-fires.html

No doubt... You may not hold firemen in high regard but tell that to the families who lost loved ones that ran up in the buildings on 9:11 while the rest of the people were running down...

Or god forbid you ever have a house fire and you loved ones are stuck inside - they will be the first running in to save them... I give credit to military, police, fire and any other job that I wouldn't do.. They are all way more brave than I am and deserve your respect.

Please stop.  We all feel that way about 9/11 and we all feel that way about those who were injured or killed in the line of duty.  True heroes putting themselves before others.  Extreme bravery.  Mad respect.

But here's some reality:  My cousin and my wife's uncle were both cops for 20+ years in NYC.  Neither was in harm's way, neither came close to taking a bullet or drawing a gun.  They knew that going in, they got a solid career, they are retired at age 45 with huge pensions and full benefits, one is now a house painter, the other goes fishing.

Some policemen and some firemen are put in heroic situations and risk their lives.  But most don't.  Does that make them heroes too?  I truly don't know the answer.  You can say that they know that they might be in harms way, but then again I fly all over the world in dangerous aircraft in hostile cities eating unapproved local food and breathing unsafe air.  If the odds are higher that I'd be done-in by one of those maladies to a greater extent than someone in the police or fire departments, does that make me a hero?  Or am I just someone taking on known risk to earn a living?

Anyway, I don't want to talk about this any more because it gets people all up on the soap box to talk about how much they love America and paint me as some bad guy.  Those who run into the flames or dodge a bullet are true heroes, those who sit at a desk or feed the Dalmatian, not sure there.

SAR I

And as for the 'hero' bit, in my town firemen spend 99% of their time setting up orange cones for parades and road construction and I can't recall the last time we actually had a fire or an emergency that required their participation.  We had a bear and they helped tranquilize and remove him last year.  Interesting articles here on what firemen actually do which is act as a wingman to the police department and ambulance corps just to keep busy, many cities are trying to redefine what a fire department is and re-allocate funding where necessary.

digging_a_hole.jpg

Some policemen and some firemen are put in heroic situations and risk their lives.  But most don't.  Does that make them heroes too?  I truly don't know the answer.  You can say that they know that they might be in harms way, but then again I fly all over the world in dangerous aircraft in hostile cities eating unapproved local food and breathing unsafe air.  If the odds are higher that I'd be done-in by one of those maladies to a greater extent than someone in the police or fire departments, does that make me a hero?  Or am I just someone taking on known risk to earn a living?

Dig%20hole5.jpg

Sar… How do you explain volunteer firemen? Just curious.. 

We should just try to get this thread back on track.

The chant. It is going to be loud this year because the Jets are going to be good!  :)

Mostly true. 

Time out. I am not putting down those men who actually have ran into flaming buildings to save lives. They are heroes.

What I am saying is that from personal experience, those who choose that profession do so because other professions aren't available to them, it's not their dream job. That is what was intended in my response to joewilly and his contention that I'm jealous of Fireman Ed because he was a firefighter and I'm not.

Again, not putting down someone who runs into a burning building to save someone.  That is heroic.  But the typical firefighter doesn't see that type of action ever and it's not an arrogant nose-thumb to say that I'd rather be doing something else when challenged on why that isn't my profession.

SAR I

http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars/strong-478777-fire-ocregister.html

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2012/07/firefighters-dont-fight-fires.html

What about those that backpedal out of a burning building? 

Anyway, I don't want to talk about this any more because it gets people all up on the soap box to talk about how much they love America and paint me as some bad guy.

It always cracks me up when you do this. Mod/owner of site comes in and says knock it off, and then you pretend you're taking the high road. Been a go-to move for you for a long time... 

SAR is like King Hippo from Punchout, once you realize he's only got 2 or 3 moves, you can gut punch him all day for sport, and then belt him in the mouth whenever you feel like it.

Ed was a likeable guy.  Not anymore.  He quit and embarrassed the Jets and their fans on national TV.  A couple thousand drunks forgive him, millions of others don't. 

Getting harassed and being targeted goes with fame.  Ed loves the fame, Ed accepts the risk it can bring.

Not sure what you mean by proof that Ed made money on the Jets, but he was interviewed for TV and newspaper, he appeared at several Jets rallies, he made his own iPhone app, there's money to be made there, some marketing funds went his way, I'm sure he's done some motivational public speaking here or there.

Not sure why we talk so much about a Jets fan who walked out on the team, hates our owner, blames PSL owners for in-game atmosphere, and is using the new rebirth of the Jets as a way to get some of his lost limelight back.  Have at it if you must, but don't act surprised at the lack of concern and lack of petition support.  He brought that on himself.

SAR I

Being a teacher I know public workers get crapped on left and right.  I was never a firefighter or police officer but people do not get into these professions for a pension and salary.  Like any profession you have some bad apples or people who think they will skate by but that happens VERY rarely.  Your cousin must be trash if that is why he got into law enforcement but then again he is related to you.  A teacher is lucky to make $55k these days.  Firefighters do not get much more.  Police officers around $100k.  Considering the area we live in these are not huge salaries.

Maybe one day you will be held up at gun point or stuck in a burning building begging for help and the fire fighter or police officer will see this post.  Good luck then.

Archived