The New Fireman Ed Thread

Maxman

There hasn't been much to chant for. Isn't that why it's dying? Maybe I'm making it too simple, but if we start playing at a high level at home and god forbid land another home playoff game, I'm pretty sure people will be chanting their asses off.

When did the Jets last have a home playoff game? Was that when we crushed Manning and the Colts? With Pennington?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that was a 9-7 season we won on tie breakers..The Jets Pats and Fins were all 9-7 and the Bills were 8-8..And the Pats had to win the last game in OT otherwise the Fins would have won the east at 10-6..

Alas, Manning and the Colts did go on eventually to win a SB. We're still waiting. :-(

Colts had Manning and in a 2003 preseason game Chad got hurt against the Giants and it was down hill from there..

I thought he had gotten hurt the same postseason we beat the Colts. Remember those passes he threw 10 yards over receivers' heads in the Raider game?

Gah. So that was a second injury? I could have sworn it came out after the loss to the Raiders that he had an injury to his throwing arm.

If he was hurt Vinny would have been in Chad threw the ball 47 times in that Raider loss that doesn't say hurt arm to me..

If he was hurt Vinny would have been in Chad threw the ball 47 times in that Raider loss that doesn't say hurt arm to me..

I think it was the kind of injury like Favre got that kept us out of the playoffs the year we had him. The kind he could play through but with reduced accuracy and speed. Do you remember how bad some of those throws were that Chad made in that game? Made no sense after how well he had played against the Colts just the week before. I think it was the second half when his accuracy became really atrocious.

Nobody has the right to break the law at the stadium. That is what was happening there. So funny they posted that picture of you, since you paint a completely different picture of yourself. The internet is a funny place.

It was 10 years ago and there were like 900 guys shouting.  I spent most of my time laughing hysterically that this was taking place.

SAR I

I respect your opinion and I am certainly not telling anyone what to feel or think about Ed. The only thing I disagree with is that there are "millions of other Jets fans" that feel the way you do.

Fair enough, however we know there are millions of Jets fans and we have a well-publicized poll that has only 3,486 supporters after about a month of exposure.

If the petition had, say, 100,000 supporters well then you and the blogger guy and the podcast guy and the Fire Idzik guy and the protected tailgating guy would all be crowing about the petition's success and the groundswell of support and the demonstration of how beloved Fireman Ed is.

Well, the inverse is also true.  The lack of supporters says the Jets fan has spoken and they don't care for Ed.  And I'd argue it has nothing to do with the chant being played out or the PSL process or the losing seasons.  It has everything to do with the fact that our biggest 'fan' quit on the team on national TV on Thanksgiving in front of millions of people.  He staged a walkout when the cameras were pointed at him.  At the very moment it became obvious that the Ryan Jets were over, our Super Bowl dreams crushed.  That's an unforgivable sin.  And be warned that those who get behind Ed in his recent manipulation to get back in the public eye at the very moment our dark ages appear to be ending and our new GM is generating excitement and buzz is very transparent and if I owned a Jets forum or a Jets blog or a Jets podcast or a Jets firesomeone domain or a Jets tailgate I would not want to take part in supporting someone whose self-serving agenda plays Jets fans for naive idiots.

SAR I

And that was a 9-7 season we won on tie breakers..The Jets Pats and Fins were all 9-7 and the Bills were 8-8..And the Pats had to win the last game in OT otherwise the Fins would have won the east at 10-6..

Was bizarre. One guy we went with figured no way they get in and made plans for Florida and missed it. Another didn't pay his invoice and had to pay cash at the ticket office that day. 

Fair enough, however we know there are millions of Jets fans and we have a well-publicized poll that has only 3,486 supporters after about a month of exposure.

If the petition had, say, 100,000 supporters well then you and the blogger guy and the podcast guy and the Fire Idzik guy and the protected tailgating guy would all be crowing about the petition's success and the groundswell of support and the demonstration of how beloved Fireman Ed is.

Well, the inverse is also true.  The lack of supporters says the Jets fan has spoken and they don't care for Ed.  And I'd argue it has nothing to do with the chant being played out or the PSL process or the losing seasons.  It has everything to do with the fact that our biggest 'fan' quit on the team on national TV on Thanksgiving in front of millions of people.  He staged a walkout when the cameras were pointed at him.  At the very moment it became obvious that the Ryan Jets were over, our Super Bowl dreams crushed.  That's an unforgivable sin.  And be warned that those who get behind Ed in his recent manipulation to get back in the public eye at the very moment our dark ages appear to be ending and our new GM is generating excitement and buzz is very transparent and if I owned a Jets forum or a Jets blog or a Jets podcast or a Jets firesomeone domain or a Jets tailgate I would not want to take part in supporting someone whose self-serving agenda plays Jets fans for naive idiots.

SAR I

SAR I

About the same age as Ed is. Suspect you get over 50 and a day of leaving your home and family  for an all day affair is not what it was when you were single, childless and looking to party.Time to move on. Heck, Ed "borrowed" the chant from 2 guys who did it in the upper deck and Shea( I am old!). 

One thing less said; Know a lot of FDNY guys. Suffice to say Ed is not universally loved by his former colleagues. Leave it at that. 

Wait?  So Ed can't lay claim to the "best chant in all of sports"?  Now that I think of it, the Gate D Spiral chant was the best chant in all of sports, and for a much better reason.

Hey....FireIdzik Guy.....can we bring the Gate D Spiral Chant back please?  Campaign?  Sign?  Aircraft?

SAR I

If only the Jets had figured out how to get rid of boobs, as well as t!ts, at their football games.

It was 10 years ago and there were like 900 guys shouting. I spent most of my time laughing hysterically that this was taking place.

SAR I

Right...that's called passive support. Basically for guys who aren't brave enough to scream at a sixteen year old to take her clothes off, but happy to hang around and watch just in case the creeps screaming at them have enough strength in numbers to get them to do it. But lemmetellya, thank God Woody instituted PSLs to get rid of those horrible fans in the lowers who would sometimes use foul language...who needs that at a football game?

I don't think Ed has spoken with the team yet. Hopefully they will be reaching out to him though.

I think the Jets are would agree that the chant didn't work last year. The chant has happen when Jets fans want it to happen. Not only after a touchdown. And they can put the chant leader (Ed or whoever is doing it) on the board as much as they need to.  Hopefully they are committed to making this chant real again. The whole fan voting thing just didn't work because the Jets told those guys when to do it.

The chant was better last year than it was with the Flight Crew but that still doesn't say a lot.  While myself and others submitted videos that contest was a bunch of crap.  That was all for the Jets to accumulate more people to market to.  When you went to vote you had to put in your name, phone number, address, etc. so the Jets could call non-season ticket holders hoping to convince them to buy tickets.  You want a legit contest you just have people vote no need to use it as a ploy to get more people to try to sell tickets to.  The Jets have attendance issues and everything they do is based around selling tickets.

You can find it however you'd like. That doesn't make it any less true.

How many home Jet games have you been to?

I wasn't calling you a liar, just thinking maybe you haven't been there for some of the loudest Jet chants I've heard in person. In the old stadium, when all 78,000 fans were yelling at the top of their lungs it was insanely loud...How can 60,000 fans in Green Bay be louder? Not possible IMO...Maybe just being the enemy in Green Bay made you nervous or something and made you think it was louder.

Edit: Lambeau holds 80,000 didnt realize that...still cant see how their chant could be so much louder than our loodest ones...equal maybe to our old stadium chants

How many home Jet games have you been to?

I wasn't calling you a liar, just thinking maybe you haven't been there for some of the loudest Jet chants I've heard in person. In the old stadium, when all 78,000 fans were yelling at the top of their lungs it was insanely loud...How can 60,000 fans in Green Bay be louder? Not possible IMO...Maybe just being the enemy in Green Bay made you nervous or something and made you think it was louder.

Edit: Lambeau holds 80,000 didnt realize that...still cant see how their chant could be so much louder than our loodest ones...equal maybe to our old stadium chants

I went to more than 50 games since 94 in Giants stadium and I've been to nearly every one in metlife.

There is something about the way the sound echoes in Lambeau. We went on a tour and they had 30 people do the chant facing the one endzone and they way it bounced off the stands amplified it times 100. During the game they were ridiculously loud. Like I said louder than I've wver heard at a jets game.

Now don't get me wrong, I love our chant, think it's the best in sports, I was just commenting on my observations of how loud the go pack go chant was at lambeau

R-U is another sports chant. For Rutgers. Just adding that on to the others folks listed above.

I was at that NE game in 2009 I think at the old place, and I was in the lowers under cover. The so called echo chamber. Holy sh*t was it loud!!

A friend of mine went to a preseason game for the Seahawks last year. I think he was in the uppers and he said it was insanely loud. At one point he said he almost asked the woman behind him...whom he said was literally screaming the entire game....to be quiet. But then he felt bad and just accepted it as part of the deal for visiting that place.

R-U is another sports chant. For Rutgers. Just adding that on to the others folks listed above.

I was at that NE game in 2009 I think at the old place, and I was in the lowers under cover. The so called echo chamber. Holy sh*t was it loud!!

A friend of mine went to a preseason game for the Seahawks last year. I think he was in the uppers and he said it was insanely loud. At one point he said he almost asked the woman behind him...whom he said was literally screaming the entire game....to be quiet. But then he felt bad and just accepted it as part of the deal for visiting that place.

I love the R-U chant as well. I was there for the Michigan game this year and it was as loud as I had heard it. Was in GB for the PSU game and was told it was even louder

Right...that's called passive support. Basically for guys who aren't brave enough to scream at a sixteen year old to take her clothes off, but happy to hang around and watch just in case the creeps screaming at them have enough strength in numbers to get them to do it. But lemmetellya, thank God Woody instituted PSLs to get rid of those horrible fans in the lowers who would sometimes use foul language...who needs that at a football game?

I partook in the spirals about three times total, by the time I discovered it the Jets shut it down.

The women undressing were in their 30s and 40s getting one last thrill before being farmed out to the glue factory.

SAR I

I love the R-U chant as well. I was there for the Michigan game this year and it was as loud as I had heard it. Was in GB for the PSU game and was told it was even louder

Loudest it's ever been is when we beat Louisville when they were #2. Thought the stadium was going to collapse from the vibrations.

Loudest it's ever been is when we beat Louisville when they were #2. Thought the stadium was going to collapse from the vibrations.

I still have the back page of the Daily News with everyone carrying Ito off the field on my wall.

Don't get cunty just because you got scienced.

You are always cunting around here, not me, I just stated an opinion.

It must be tough to think your so much smarter than the rest of us, please excuse me for not acting as though Im an expert in every subject as you do...

Someday hopefully for your sake, you'll realize that you really aren't smarter than all of us and then maybe you can stop being such a Dlck in every thread...

You are always cunting around here, not me, I just stated an opinion.

It must be tough to think your so much smarter than the rest of us, please excuse me for not acting as though Im an expert in every subject as you do...

Someday hopefully for your sake, you'll realize that you really aren't smarter than all of us and then maybe you can stop being such a Dlck in every thread...

nRzeDwD.gif

Archived