The New Fireman Ed Thread

Maxman

What would you like to see happen with the chant? Do you think what the Jets did last year worked?

Like in Rocky 2 when Adrian told Rock what she wanted from him. We don't need Ed. The chant will return when it has been earned by the team by performing a single act each week:

WIN

and the roar of the chant will return. No quitter fins fan in a toy hat necessary.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it safe to assume that since you live in Dallas, you do not go to the home games? Because if that is the case, why do you care who leads the chant. That is a game day atmosphere thing. It doesn't make you less of a fan that you don't go to the games - but it certainly makes you less qualified to discuss this topic.

Yes, it's safe to assume I don't go to many games. When you have players talking about, it becomes my business. I don't have anything against the chant, just don't think a guy's balls need to be sucked so publicly.

Like in Rocky 2 when Adrian told Rock what she wanted from him. We don't need Ed. The chant will return when it has been earned by the team by performing a single act each week:

WIN

and the roar of the chant will return. No quitter fins fan in a toy hat necessary.

+1 for working in that Rocky reference!

took no pride in being the chant leader? Are you kidding me?

Further… are you aware that he still attends every home game? Probably not.. you are just talking nonsense. He didn't walk out of the game because he had problems with the front office or coaching staff.. he left because he was assaulted in a bathroom and he was with his family so he wanted to get them out of there.

Do some research if you are going to speak about a topic that you have no clue about rather than spew nonsense and pretend it is fact.

I know he attends the games and I know the whole story. He quit because he had a couple of "confrontations". Almost three decades n they were wiped away by a couple of confrontations? You really want me to believe that? A firefighter who had thousands of supporters on his side but quit cuz of couple of confrontations?

Not buying that story. You can.

WIN

This simply isn't fair, it is well documented that I will never counter a well thought out Rocky analogy.  :)

Please know, this only my opinion, and I share it as unique to me-

I never understood the want to have cheerleaders, or mascots, or symbolic representatives of fans at any game. To me, it is the stadium experience and the performance of the team that should unite fans in exultation or cheers. Not someone or representative of the team telling me when I should shout or feel excited. I can take clues upon that myself.

Personally, I thought it embarrassing to the Jets, when Fireman Ed was shown in ads with characters such as Swoop and other "team mascots".

Philadelphia also has its own spelling cheer, and they do that just fine without anyone appointed to lead it.

I also remember cringing hearing at times the J-E-T-S cheer when the Jets were on offense. It was like, "what the?"

You see this I like...a well thought out post. It is opposite to what I feel, but I really appreciate when someone takes the time to lay out their case.

We all won't agree on everything we know that. But I like when we exchanges like this take place.

(Now once I check the baseball forum and see what Scott posted after the Yankees loss today, I am not sure I will feel the same way though).  :)

You see this I like...a well thought out post. It is opposite to what I feel, but I really appreciate when someone takes the time to lay out their case.

We all won't agree on everything we know that. But I like when we exchanges like this take place.

(Now once I check the baseball forum and see what Scott posted after the Yankees loss today, I am not sure I will feel the same way though).   :)

It is ok to agree to disagree on some topics, This is certainly one of those. 

What the Yankees lost? Had no idea. Wonder what the Mets did

LOL...only three or four times before they shut it down and I couldn't go anymore.  You should be so proud of yourself.

I commend the Jets for shutting down the pervs as much as you commend them for ridding the stadium of low-income fans.

Firmeman Ed getting fans pumped for a football game at a football game should be done away with but sexually harassing female fans should be a tradition...some people. 

I don't know about a tradition, but it made me laugh harder than anything before or since.  Only Jets fans could coerce a girl out of her shirt while simultaneously pelting poor kids with glass.  Was surreal.

SAR I

I don't know about a tradition, but it made me laugh harder than anything before or since.  Only Jets fans could coerce a girl out of her shirt while simultaneously pelting poor kids with glass.  Was surreal.

SAR I

Just so we're clear... the topless girl made your laugh hard. 

SAR I

Like I said before...passive support.  Happens all the time.  People get off on criminal or violent acts but too timid to actively participate.  Instead, they stand around and laugh and giggle while the more aggressive members lead the charge. 

BTW...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the women you weren't screaming at in that pic were nowhere near grown women.  Looked like a couple of sixteen year olds trying to pass for 24.  Could be wrong though, they may have been 17.

But please, keep telling us how offensive you find it when a tailgater leaves litter in the parking lot after the game.

Hopefully a suitable replacement can come around, someone Ed can "mentor" (I know, how hard can it really be?) ... perhaps Max should take the helm.

I would, but my Irish head is too big. No helmets fit me.

Just so we're clear... the topless girl made your laugh hard. 

Twas the overall scene that made me laugh hard.  The raucous drunks, the sheepish smokers, the slutty girlfriends, the penny-catching orphans.

SAR I

Like I said before...passive support.  Happens all the time.  People get off on criminal or violent acts but too timid to actively participate.  Instead, they stand around and laugh and giggle while the more aggressive members lead the charge. 

BTW...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the women you weren't screaming at in that pic were nowhere near grown women.  Looked like a couple of sixteen year olds trying to pass for 24.  Could be wrong though, they may have been 17.

But please, keep telling us how offensive you find it when a tailgater leaves litter in the parking lot after the game.

Yeah, you can stop attempting the hypocritical end-around already.

If the parking lot were filled with quiet sober naked women with good bladder control I wouldn't complain.  Unfortunately, it's filled with loud drunken men who piss everywhere.

SAR I

Yeah, you can stop attempting the hypocritical end-around already.

If the parking lot were filled with quiet sober naked women with good bladder control I wouldn't complain.  Unfortunately, it's filled with loud drunken men who piss everywhere.

SAR I

If it were filled with loud drunken naked women with bad bladder control I wouldn't complain.

If it were filled with loud drunken naked women with bad bladder control I wouldn't complain.

Let's all agree that naked women can do whatever they want in the spirals, the stadium, the parking lots, whatever.

SAR I

You are always cunting around here, not me, I just stated an opinion.

It must be tough to think your so much smarter than the rest of us, please excuse me for not acting as though Im an expert in every subject as you do...

Someday hopefully for your sake, you'll realize that you really aren't smarter than all of us and then maybe you can stop being such a Dlck in every thread...

aka - Mr. Perfect 

this is why I am happy to go to battle for Fireman Ed... People don't even hear about the thousands of other times he has done things like this and/or how much he means to a lot of Jets fans.

http://touch.metro.us/kristian-dyer/metro-exclusive-fireman-ed-calls-survivor-louie-gonzalez/zsJodg---4CHJ19c633mJk/

Dude. Let it go. It's not gonna happen so long as Captain Insano is spamming your threads.

Dude. Let it go. It's not gonna happen so long as Captain Insano is spamming your threads.

lol… Captain Insano just wants to see more naked drunk chicks and not have to fight through groups of men standing in his way doing silly childish things like cheering for the team in unison. Cheering is an activity for the poor schmucks whose seats he stole when we switched over to the new stadium. These "chant guys" are now chomping pretzels in their grandma's basement - right where they belong. Real Jets fans enjoy garbage free parking lots so that our BMW's tires don't get dirty.

Did I pretty much sum up a perfect Jets home game? lol

lol… Captain Insano just wants to see more naked drunk chicks and not have to fight through groups of men standing in his way doing silly childish things like cheering for the team in unison. Cheering is an activity for the poor schmucks whose seats he stole when we switched over to the new stadium. These "chant guys" are now chomping pretzels in their grandma's basement - right where they belong. Real Jets fans enjoy garbage free parking lots so that our BMW's tires don't get dirty.

Did I pretty much sum up a perfect Jets home game? lol

How many votes did your incredible petition get this week?  2?  3?

I told you, wrong horse to hitch your wagon to.  You've lost the Idzik good will after this Firefraud fail.  Sitting there poised to pounce as soon as the Jets made waves in the FA market, and this is what you came up with?  Somewhere out there John Idzik is smiling.

SAR I

The petition was a rousing success... Please take a picture of your reaction opening day when Ed leads the chant...

Don't believe me? Let's make it interesting...

Ed was attempting a comeback with or without you because the Jets are relevant again and there is a marginal publicity opportunity and a fractional retirement income stream to be attempted.  I'm just surprised that you fell for it.  Funny thing about being the "voice of the fan" is when you guess wrong it's all over, there is no coming back.  You shouldn't have let Ed take you down like this.  The airplane, the billboard, that was cutting-edge stuff, brilliantly played social media, it was perfect.  A mascot who quit on his team due to irrelevance pretending that an alphabet chant is his life's work and acting like the victim?  You should have said no thanks and good luck and patiently waited for the next GM to feel the wrath of the common fan and taken your second shot then.  Lord knows in a town with Brian Cashman, Sandy Alderson, Phil Jackson, and Jerry Reece you could have had a run of 5 straight years of campaigning for firing the worst GM in New York. 

Most Jets fans don't like Fireman Ed or are completely indifferent to him.  You should have known this.

SAR I

Ed was attempting a comeback with or without you because the Jets are relevant again and there is a marginal publicity opportunity and a fractional retirement income stream to be attempted. I'm just surprised that you fell for it. Funny thing about being the "voice of the fan" is when you guess wrong it's all over, there is no coming back. You shouldn't have let Ed take you down like this. The airplane, the billboard, that was cutting-edge stuff, brilliantly played social media, it was perfect. A mascot who quit on his team due to irrelevance pretending that an alphabet chant is his life's work and acting like the victim? You should have said no thanks and good luck and patiently waited for the next GM to feel the wrath of the common fan and taken your second shot then. Lord knows in a town with Brian Cashman, Sandy Alderson, Phil Jackson, and Jerry Reece you could have had a run of 5 straight years of campaigning for firing the worst GM in New York.

Most Jets fans don't like Fireman Ed or are completely indifferent to him. You should have known this.

SAR I

Interesting take... We did pretty well on our Team Louie campaign this past week... Raised almost $8000 in a week for that family with very little media coverage... We have now run 3 campaigns and will be 3 for 3 in accomplishing our objectives. We raised money for pediatric cancer research. We raised money to make a family of Jets fans dream come true. We made a petition to help save the j-e-t-s chant... And YOU (not me) credit us for helping to get rid of Idzik...

How about embracing what we have accomplished rather than knock it. As I have said all along, any time somebody sticks their neck our and does something positive and productive, there will always be jealous haters who try to knock them. I am not mad at you for being a member of that group. Comes with the territory.

Interesting take... We did pretty well on our Team Louie campaign this past week... Raised almost $8000 in a week for that family with very little media coverage... We have now run 3 campaigns and will be 3 for 3 in accomplishing our objectives. We raised money for pediatric cancer research. We raised money to make a family of Jets fans dream come true. We made a petition to help save the j-e-t-s chant... And YOU (not me) credit us for helping to get rid of Idzik...

How about embracing what we have accomplished rather than knock it. As I have said all along, any time somebody sticks their neck our and does something positive and productive, there will always be jealous haters who try to knock them. I am not mad at you for being a member of that group. Comes with the territory.

My family annually gives to charity for causes that we deem worthy. We don't ask to be "embraced". Nor do we publicize what we give.

Maybe you are not being knocked for the good you are doing, but your promotional ways.

Archived