The New Fireman Ed Thread

Maxman

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sar is the greatest thing that has ever happened to any message board he frequents... I freakin LOVE the guy... He is the single greatest troll in the history of the internet. Turns 2-3 page conversations in to 12 page epic battles and he believes none of what he writes.

I would like to read a case study on him... He is fascinating to me.

Sar is the greatest thing that has ever happened to any message board he frequents... I freakin LOVE the guy... He is the single greatest troll in the history of the internet. Turns 2-3 page conversations in to 12 page epic battles and he believes none of what he writes.

Shoot Dr. Phil a note.

Maybe he can psychoanalyze him for you.

Might be Napoleon Complex.

Totally disagree. When you sit on the other side and hear the complaints, it isn't definitely the best thing ever.

It's okay RJU.

70 is the new 60.

BTW, I'm in 206 for RU looking to move down from Row 16.

My rep is supposed to be on the lookout for me.

I'm in the Midwest now which has been awesome in that regard. Gonna try and get Michigan tickets this year. Went and saw that at Nebraska last year and that was just awesome. I miss Big East basketball but getting to see them in all these Big Ten stadiums is the sh*t.

I'm in the Midwest now which has been awesome in that regard. Gonna try and get Michigan tickets this year. Went and saw that at Nebraska last year and that was just awesome. I miss Big East basketball but getting to see them in all these Big Ten stadiums is the sh*t.

OT but I bought ST for RU football last year.  Big 10 conference has skyrocketed the resale value.  Flipped PS, Mich. and Wisc. for triple last year.

Between the Unplugged event and this survey it seems the Jets are placing way, way too much importance on the "in game" experience as if that means anything to any of us.Once you get past the play on the field, just shut the rest of it off already. Out of town scores, fine. A helmet race for the kids, fine. But the rest of this crap is useless, pointless, doesn't get us pumped up, and the constant bombardment of noise exhausts us and prevents us from cheering. The Drum Line? Useless. The "MAKE NOISE" stuff? A joke. This PA guy needs to be fired. I'm ready to fund a biplane and a billboard.Jets have to get their heads on straight.SAR I

I really liked the question that made you pick 3 things you'd want on the screens. And only 3 things. I think I chose game stats, out of town scores and out of town highlights. I think replays weren't on the list maybe since that's a given?

But to me it's all about complementing the in game experience. I'm watching the game here. Cool to see quantifications of the game (stats). Plus a peak at stuff I'm missing (out of town highlights and scores).

Fantasy stats and such are great but I think a less is better approach might actually be better, at least for me. And of course we can get all this on our mobile devices (when reception works) and I do that sometimes. But I still would like to see stuff pared down.

I'll tell you what else, the Jets are completely misreading the typical season ticket holder.

We go to games as an alternative to a sports bar or our own living rooms and they go out of their way to recreate that each Sunday.  The parking lot situation is a sports bar, the in-stadium situation is a living room.  We go to games to get away from smokers and urinaters and over-eaters.  We go to games to get away from fantasy scores, highlights, and commercials.  Yet here are the Jets, encouraging the sports bar run amok in the parking lots and forcing the living room TV experience in the seating bowl.

Live games are for fans of the team to put their concentration on the team, not this other stuff.

SAR I

And we've got the photos to show you were not one of those guys.

Exactly.

I'm reading through this thread and saying is this not the same pompous ass from JI who would post threads seeking strip bars where he get the most bang (or feet play in his case) for his buck while cash cow wifey was not around?  

Maybe I'm mistaken.

Philadelphia also has its own spelling cheer, and they do that just fine without anyone appointed to lead it.

Exactly. I'm not at the stadium, so it's just a guess on my part, but if the team was winning then the crowd would cheer and do the J-E-T-S chant more. Ed is/was great, but I'm sure the chant will be fine once the team gives the fans something to cheer about.

Just my opinion......hopefully we'll find out this year.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Exactly.

I'm reading through this thread and saying is this not the same pompous ass from JI who would post threads seeking strip bars where he get the most bang (or feet play in his case) for his buck while cash cow wifey was not around?  

Maybe I'm mistaken.

I am not sure about any of that honestly. We did have to delete a bunch of posts in another thread that was a long the same lines. Just with more details.

Ha... But he has to be good for traffic! People keep coming back to argue with him!

No way to know for sure. There was a large group in the beginning that told us they wouldn't post here if he was here.  Being the free speech advocates that we are, we just let them walk. I am checking my old messages now so I can apologize to them lol.

Here is the ironic part. I don't drink alcohol. Ever. I go to the games with my son.

Yet you are touting family values and there are pictures of you in the Gate D spirals. Ironic.

My seats were at Gate D and I saw the insanity 2 or 3 times before they shut it down. I took my wife to see it one of those times. I laughed my ass off because it was so stupid, girls taking off their shirts and cheapskates dodging for coins.

I did not go to games because of the Gate D spirals the way tailgaters go to games to get drunk, not a feature attraction. And when there I was getting a soda for my son and stopped by for a 30 second laugh the way a paying customer sees a freak show at a circus. I'd do the same in the lots but the tailgaters are pathetic, it's not funny, it's just sad.

SAR I

Exactly.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

You need to learn to separate the truth from the comedy. That stuff from 10 years ago was funny, I don't have time for it any more.

What I post today isn't fiction. Back then a lot of it was.

SAR I

Agree'd, although his schtick is boring to me at this point, the reaction he gets out of people is amazing, as evidenced by below. I don't think I've ever seen Sar say anything racist or overly vulgar, yet he routinely gets grown men to run and tell on him.. it's impressive really

Totally disagree. When you sit on the other side and hear the complaints, it isn't definitely the best thing ever.

My seats were at Gate D and I saw the insanity 2 or 3 times before they shut it down. I took my wife to see it one of those times. I laughed my ass off because it was so stupid, girls taking off their shirts and cheapskates dodging for coins.

I did not go to games because of the Gate D spirals the way tailgaters go to games to get drunk, not a feature attraction. And when there I was getting a soda for my son and stopped by for a 30 second laugh the way a paying customer sees a freak show at a circus. I'd do the same in the lots but the tailgaters are pathetic, it's not funny, it's just sad.

SAR I

I want to believe you. I do. But the picture and the people who say they saw you that day, they tell another story.

Doesn't matter to me. I always knew your account was an act anyway.

I want to believe you. I do. But the picture and the people who say they saw you that day, they tell another story.

Doesn't matter to me. I always knew your account was an act anyway.

So if someone snapped at picture of you in the street at the exact moment you inadvertantly noticed two dogs having sex it would be fair to judge you as a deviant and have people call you the Dog Sex Guy?

Not sure what you mean by an "act", some of what I wrote online when I was younger was untrue just to get a laugh.  I've been in Jets forums since 1994, that's 21 years, lots of subjects, lots of distractions.  These days, I post truthfully as I don't have time for that anymore.

SAR I

So if someone snapped at picture of you in the street at the exact moment you inadvertantly noticed two dogs having sex it would be fair to judge you as a deviant and have people call you the Dog Sex Guy?

Not sure what you mean by an "act", some of what I wrote online when I was younger was untrue just to get a laugh. I've been in Jets forums since 1994, that's 21 years, lots of subjects, lots of distractions. These days, I post truthfully as I don't have time for that anymore.

SAR I

Try another example, Max breeds dogs just to watch them have sex.

If he had an unnecessarily creepy smile on his face and were pointing and cheering them on, yeah probably.

Agree'd, although his schtick is boring to me at this point, the reaction he gets out of people is amazing, as evidenced by below. I don't think I've ever seen Sar say anything racist or overly vulgar, yet he routinely gets grown men to run and tell on him.. it's impressive really

It's not that impressive. They give him a button, and they say don't you push that button or we will absolutely lose our sh*t, and he pushes the button, and they lose their sh*t. Of course he's gonna keep pushing the button.

It's not that impressive. They give him a button, and they say don't you push that button or we will absolutely lose our sh*t, and he pushes the button, and they lose their sh*t. Of course he's gonna keep pushing the button.

If it takes talent to be a douchebag consider me Miles Davis.

Ehh, he keeps them coming back for more. He's doing something right. This stupid topic is something like 30 pages between the 2 threads

Thank you CTM, that's a really good point.

This is a football forum, not ice dancing.  "You said something mean about beer.....I'm telling!"   LOL.  Big tough Jets fans, afraid of a khaki wearing BMW driver.  I wear glasses too.  Must be Clark Kent to get so many Zod's this crazy.

SAR I

Not sure what you mean by an "act", some of what I wrote online when I was younger was untrue just to get a laugh.  I've been in Jets forums since 1994, that's 21 years, lots of subjects, lots of distractions.  These days, I post truthfully as I don't have time for that anymore.

SAR I

No, I don't put that much faith in pictures. But that isn't what happened in your case. 

Archived