Jets/Mariota/Titans/Bill notes from Sal Pal on sports radio yesterday

AFJF

Heard Sal Pal on the drive home yesterday and a few points he made from conversations in AZ.

- Bowles put "for sale" sign on no. 6 pick with comments about how Jets are willing to deal it.  No indications Jets are looking to or even interested in trading up.

- Says he knows Whisenhunt very well.  Two weeks ago, no chance Titans take Mariota.  Spoke to Whisenhunt after workout/interview with Mariota and believes they're seriously considering it now.  First thought would be smoke screen but said he doesn't think so.  Really believes Whisenhunt was being genuine when he talked about how much more impressed he was with Mariota than he expected to be.

- Eagles/Bills deal for Shady McCoy was worked out in minutes.  Philly contacted Buffalo to gauge interest.  Buffalo asked what Philly wanted in return.  Philly replied saying "We want Alzonzo, or Woods, or both".  GM texted Bills with who they wanted and Buffalo opted to part with Alonzo and keep Woods.

There are actually a lot of teams that could be in play to move up other than the oft mentioned Cleveland/Philly.

For example the Saints could move from 13 to 6 and just give up a 2nd rounder and perhaps a later pick.  Could be lots of movement.

ok trade pick for 1swap & picks. pick up Petty

I don't know if this is common knowledge about petty but he has 2 bad knee injuries and he once broke his back. I like his talent and his arm but I'm a little scared of his durability concerns. Those aren't injuries to be taken lightly.

Looks like the Titans are starting to float the idea of picking Mariotta with the 2nd pick.  I think its a smokescreen to create interest in teams to trade up for the pick.  I feel that if the Jets actually want Mariotta (and this obviously remains to be seen), that they will in fact trade up to the #2 pick to get him.

I thought the same thing, what a moron.  should have started with alonzo and woods, he probably could have gotten alonzo and a pick

dumbass

I'm sure that was a mistake by Sal Pal. My 8 year old is smart enough not to do that in our fantasy leagues, no way Chip did that.

Chip Kelly: Master of Negotiation.

LOL

Chip Kelly: "Hi Mr. Maccagnan.  This is Chip Kelly from the Philadelphia Eagles.  We'd like to work a deal with you to move up to the #6 pick."

Mike Maccagnan: "OK Chip.  What are you offering?"

Chip Kelly: "We'll give you the #20 pick, and our second rounder.  We're willing to give you our first round pick next year as well, but we'd prefer to just give up the two picks this year."

I don't know if this is common knowledge about petty but he has 2 bad knee injuries and he once broke his back. I like his talent and his arm but I'm a little scared of his durability concerns. Those aren't injuries to be taken lightly.

yikes! nvm... -_-

Sal Pal also said that he thinks the Jets should give up a significant draft pick because of tampering. I would take any of his comments with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila.

I wonder how he defines significant.  So an owner makes a slip of the tongue when being asked a question at a press conference and he thinks it should cost that team a significant draft pick?  If Goodell takes away anything other than a 6 or 7th rounder I would sue if I were Woody.  This ish is getting rediculous. 

Archived