JN Mafia Game Thread: The Outsiders

JustInFudge

Town favor?  No.  Them having an extra goon was huge dude.  Verbal being night killed was everything.  He gets his results and turn them lose and the town chases their tales all game and probably lose handedly.  A lot of stuff had to happen for the town to win.  not all those powers would have been helpful.  Could have been very confusing.  Top it all of the scum team sacrificed half their team.  When the hell is that a good idea?  Nolder even noticed that had and extra guy and STILL did it.  LOL

That was the entire point of the set up and why I gave scum an extra Goon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That just further proves the point.

I'm not trying to bash Jif or the game, I had fun.

I'm just saying town probably had too many powers.

You saying they could lose in 2 days doesn't make that any better.

Ever heard of the term glass cannon? That's what this game would be.

A different way of saying it might be "high octane".

That's not a bad thing and again I had fun.

Don't back down pikachu.

The mod tried to make his game a big marvelous Birdcage style gay production with power roles and shots for everyone and a traditional scum setup. He didn't want balance he wanted drama

Well, to be fair, Lizzie messed up the plan by detonating on thread.

To be fair Nolder should have never tried that with Lizzie.  Lizzie is the guy you tell to lay low and make jokes.  Not to try something.  You guys had an extra guy.  Slow play it and the town would have destroyed itself.  Nolder tried to do microsurgery with a butter knife.

Nyn was MVP, IMO.  Lizzie was a give away but off that she sniffed out Nolderp and Leelou basically on D1.  And played her hand really well.  

CTM was a close second.  With the one mistake of investigation Nyn.

Pac was in full blow up the town/scum MVP mode, mostly because he's terrible, slightly for lulz...I did find it all quite funny.  

I was there to entertain you...  Ive had enough mafia glory..  let others bask in their success and my "poor play".

Don't back down pikachu.

The mod tried to make his game a big marvelous Birdcage style gay production with power roles and shots for everyone and a traditional scum setup. He didn't want balance he wanted drama

Again, coming from you?  lmfao

You're a complete and utter moron.  That's fact. 

Straight up, probably the worst player to ever take the field....but I like you.  Your crazy makes it interesting and at least we always have someone to point and laugh at...well, you and 80.

Town favor?  No.  Them having an extra goon was huge dude.  Verbal being night killed was everything.  He gets his results and turn them lose and the town chases their tales all game and probably lose handedly.  A lot of stuff had to happen for the town to win.  not all those powers would have been helpful.  Could have been very confusing.  Top it all of the scum team sacrificed half their team.  When the hell is that a good idea?  Nolder even noticed that had and extra guy and STILL did it.  LOL

Wtf did you want us to do?

When I came into the game Lizzie was two steps away from being lynched and when I actually caught up it was do or die so I bussed him.

I didn't want to do that I wanted to try something very different but he claimed tracker on thread so that plan was done.

Leelou was busy pretty much the entire game and 80 went off script from the plan we three had come up with together (Operation Boob Job) and bussed me out of nowhere.

Setup issues aside our teamwork was basically non existent.

80 played well. Him pushing Nolder hardcore was a big point in his favor. I was cringing about deciding between him and Lily.

Not exactly hard to look good while sacrificing your teammates.

Don't back down pikachu.

You guys had an extra guy.  If you could keep your idiocy down enough to escape day 1 we would have been as Lylo almost instantly.  Nolder should have known that you are not ready to come out here and try to pull some goofy play off.  You guys slow play this and town self destructs and you guys get an easy win.  You blew it because you suck at this.  

Not even sure he shot anyone.  Sad thing is he has very good instincts.  He just doesnt play with the town.  

He did. He shot me. JC protected me. That's why he was going on about JC being sentimental. lol

Again, coming from you? lmfao

You're a complete and utter moron. That's fact.

Straight up, probably the worst player to ever take the field....but I like you. Your crazy makes it interesting and at least we always have someone to point and laugh at...well, you and 80.

Haha at least I tried to give it a different look with guns and multiple factions etc. you had three cops a doc a shot a double voter and one extras scum , and then go oh hey guys btw it's relatively basic. On what planet? Guys like you call me dumb cause I am playing on another level

Wtf did you want us to do?

When I came into the game Lizzie was two steps away from being lynched and when I actually caught up it was do or die so I bussed him.

I didn't want to do that I wanted to try something very different but he claimed tracker on thread so that plan was done.

Leelou was busy pretty much the entire game and 80 went off script from the plan we three had come up with together (Operation Boob Job) and bussed me out of nowhere.

Setup issues aside our teamwork was basically non existent.

Not exactly hard to look good while sacrificing your teammates.

Agreed.  You should have known better to try anything with Lizzie.   He never listens to anyone.  

Its frustrrating because you really are very good at this.  You just dont apply yourself.  Did you even use your kill?

I tried to shoot Nyn LOL..

Kinda felt bad for scum and I wanted to argue with people..  also sensed she was about to vote me (which she did) and might cost us the game when it came to loyl.

Had scum simply shot her on day 1 and lizzie not done whatever it was he did they would have won easily..

Don't back down pikachu.

That's not a bad thing. It can be fun and it was.

Although I find it kind of ironic coming from the guy bitching about how confusing and weird setups have been of late to make a convoluted setup with so many powers running around. 

To be fair Nolder should have never tried that with Lizzie.  Lizzie is the guy you tell to lay low and make jokes.  Not to try something.  You guys had an extra guy.  Slow play it and the town would have destroyed itself.  Nolder tried to do microsurgery with a butter knife.

Dude, again, by the time I caught up with the game Lizzie was I think at L-2. I was in a position where I either had to choose to stay off his train and disappear very obviously or bus him. Neither choice was a good.

I mean yeah I agree. If Lizzie hadn't been all but dead I would have liked to have tried the plan I came up with although looking at the setup it obviously wouldn't work because town had every investigative role known to mafia sans lie detector.

Haha at least I tried to give it a different look with guns and multiple factions etc. you had three cops a doc a shot a double voter and one extras scum , and then go oh hey guys btw it's relatively basic. On what planet? Guys like you call me dumb cause I am playing on another level

Holy hell.  

I tried to shoot Nyn LOL..

Kinda felt bad for scum and I wanted to argue with people..  also sensed she was about to vote me (which she did) and might cost us the game when it came to loyl.

Had scum simply shot her on day 1 and lizzie not done whatever it was he did they would have won easily..

Pretty much.  

The thing about Lizzie was the plan I had in mind was dead before I even proposed it in the scum QT.

I didn't realize that. Lizzie caught a lot of heat early and it never died down.

Which...kind of always happens with him.

I'm not sure if he does it on purpose or what but once he gets in the hot seat he's pretty much dead.

That's been true every game I've seen him play whether he's town or scum.

Haha I get called dumb and the people saying I never listen don't even take the time to read. Love it

Great point fat ass except my meltdown started before Nolder tried his gambit. Take five minutes and put the timeline together. To say that I went off course is just redrafting history

That's not a bad thing. It can be fun and it was.

Although I find it kind of ironic coming from the guy bitching about how confusing and weird setups have been of late to make a convoluted setup with so many powers running around. 

Dude, again, by the time I caught up with the game Lizzie was I think at L-2. I was in a position where I either had to choose to stay off his train and disappear very obviously or bus him. Neither choice was a good.

I mean yeah I agree. If Lizzie hadn't been all but dead I would have liked to have tried the plan I came up with although looking at the setup it obviously wouldn't work because town had every investigative role known to mafia sans lie detector.

Yes but not always a good thing.  If Verb lived he would have had results of two townies visiting that night.  Would have been a mess for town.  Because of the extra goon, we had no more than a couple myslynches allowed.  

multiple factions are pretty bad with such a low amount of people

just fyi for future games

The thing about Lizzie was the plan I had in mind was dead before I even proposed it in the scum QT.

I didn't realize that. Lizzie caught a lot of heat early and it never died down.

I'm not sure if he does it on purpose or what but once he gets in the hot seat he's pretty much dead.

No. No . No Lizzie is just playing on another level that the rest of us.  Ask him.

SEE..  LOL

Bingo. Tell that fat fool

Haha I get called dumb and the people saying I never listen don't even take the time to read. Love it

Great point fat ass except my meltdown started before Nolder tried his gambit. Take five minutes and put the timeline together. To say that I went off course is just redrafting history

Not people mostly me.  but go ahead Im listening.  

Yes but not always a good thing.  If Verb lived he would have had results of two townies visiting that night.  Would have been a mess for town.  Because of the extra goon, we had no more than a couple myslynches allowed.  

Yeah man that's all I'm trying to say.

Basically the game was swingy.

Any small thing could influence the game for good.

One night of Verb viewing the wrong people would have lost the game for town probably.

That's not a good thing in terms of balance.

And again, because Jif is getting his panties in a bunch, that's fine. Not all games have to be perfectly balanced. God don't I know that.

It's fine to have games that are off kilter and just enjoy them for what they are and the times we have together and that's what I did.

I just wanted to comment on the setup 'cause I hadn't seen the full thing yet and Jif and CTM jump down my throat like I sh*t in their cereal or something.

You know what surprised me? That Pac didn't shoot Lee. He was on her case since D1, albeit for reasons that made little to no sense to me. So if he were to shoot anyone, I would have expected it to be Lee.

Glad JC had my back, at least. i would have been peeved if I got vigged.

Yeah Lizzie idk...

I like you and all you can be funny but good god do you **** up in mafia like every game you play.

You remind me of EP (guy from DM) with all this "I just plan on another level" talk.

Dude tried so much weird sh*t and he got lynched early every single game for it to the point where he became kind of a joke.

Then he quit and I don't think he's been seen since.

Archived