TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Just finished up re-watching Mad Men last night, storytelling at its finest. Excited to see how Weiner ends the series. 

Also, does anyone watch The Americans? I started watching the first few episodes when they first aired, but for some reason or another I just stopped, can't remember why. Have heard good things recently, wondering if I should start it up again. 

• Upvote 1

It is old and I don't know if they are streaming it anywhere, but the old Wiseguy with Ken Wahl from the Wanderers was pretty ******* awesome. My Mom and I always liked how he took everybody's watch. It's where Kevin Spacey came from.  Joan Severance, Ray Sharkey, Tim Curry.  It's why we call Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul McPike. They tried to keep it alive an extra season with Pacino's mook partner from Scarface, Stephen Bauer, but it's best we just forget those. 

BONUS: He had a plum crazy 6-pack Challenger and worked on the carbs in the kitchen.  Just like the car Matthew Sweet drives.

• Upvote 1

Just finished up re-watching Mad Men last night, storytelling at its finest. Excited to see how Weiner ends the series. 

Also, does anyone watch The Americans? I started watching the first few episodes when they first aired, but for some reason or another I just stopped, can't remember why. Have heard good things recently, wondering if I should start it up again.

I really enjoy The Americans, and think it's gotten better as its gone on. Definitely worth catching up.

Same boat on the Americans.  It seemed good, I just never watch.

I signed up for Netflix and HBOGo back in August, and in the seven months since, I've managed to race through (in order from best to least best; not worst because they were all great):

- Breaking Bad

- True Detective

- Game of Thrones

- The Wire

- Newsroom

- House of Cards

- Entourage

- Hung

So, what should I watch next? I'm looking forward to watching the shows below, but after just finishing Breaking Bad on Saturday and letting it digest, I don't know if I'm going to be able to enjoy them. Maybe you guys can shed some light on them:

- How to make it in America

- The West Wing

- Dexter

- Sopranos

- Deadwood

- Rome

- Boardwalk Empire

- Sherlock

Any suggestions and discussions would be appreciated. 

Sopranos the first 3 seasons are pure gold. But after that it fizzled out. Knowing what i know now I would avoid Sopranos after that unless there is a lot of time on your hands.

Another show (not sure if it available on Netflix) is Homeland. The first season was pure gold. The second season also worth watching.

peep show, always sunny, battlestar g

i'm a big my name is  earl fan, but the cliffhanger ending sucks

trailer park boys is like live action southpark.. good stuff if you like stoopid

deadwood and six feet under are great

peep show, always sunny, battlestar g

i'm a big my name is  earl fan, but the cliffhanger ending sucks

trailer park boys is like live action southpark.. good stuff if you like stoopid

deadwood and six feet under are great

Tried Battlestar awhile ago and just could not get going on it.  Watched My Name is Earl from the start and really liked it.  Been a couple seasons though.  Always thought about looking at Trailor park boys.  Think I will now. 

Tried Battlestar awhile ago and just could not get going on it. Watched My Name is Earl from the start and really liked it. Been a couple seasons though. Always thought about looking at Trailor park boys. Think I will now.

it starts slow but gets funnier if you stick with it. I gave up on it 2 years ago and my friend recently told me to stick through the slow start and he was right

once bubbles becomes more of a main character it's better

It's funny, but reading through this thread is like talking to my Dad.  He watches half this stuff.  I made him watch Breaking Bad and he ended up binge watching it and then driving me nuts by telling me stuff that hadn't happened yet.  I-zombie is another show he seems to like.  He mentioned the Trailer Park Boys, but I can't tell if he liked them.