TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I watched 1 episode of Jessica Jones and it sucks. I also tried Altered Carbon for 2 episodes. Lost interest. It may be that we're in sleep deprivation mode, but I think mostly it's because both shows were poorly done. Also, the Hulu adaptation of 11/22/63 was absolutely awful. I didn't finish it either. They cut out huge portions of the book that made the story compelling, without it it wasn't the same. 

James Franco sucks.

The Terror, on AMC...so far so good!

Fwiw this is one of my favorite books all time.

@Integrity28 this show is based off of the book....by Dan Simmons. LOL I wish you read this one instead of Drood. This is also a hard book to read...at first. It's over 1000 pages...the first 600 tells a story...the final 400 the book goes into a whole other storyline that is amazing. But I don't see how they can translate that part into the show. As far as the book, there is no way to categorize it. It's part historical fiction, part horror, part psychological...terror, but then goes into mystical almost sci fi territory. 

• Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The Terror, on AMC...so far so good!

@Integrity28 this show is based off of the book....by Dan Simmons. LOL I wish you read this one instead of Drood. This is also a hard book to read...at first. It's over 1000 pages...the first 600 tells a story...the final 400 the book goes into a whole other storyline that is amazing. But I don't see how they can translate that part into the show. As far as the book, there is no way to categorize it. It's part historical fiction, part horror, part psychological...terror, but then goes into mystical almost sci fi territory. 

All based on a true story. I watched the 1st episode, need to catch up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Big The Terror, on AMC...so far so good!

I’m actually looking forward to the show. Just more likely to binge after the season because: New baby

• Upvote 2

On 4/4/2018 at 10:05 PM, Integrity28 said:

I watched 1 episode of Jessica Jones and it sucks. I also tried Altered Carbon for 2 episodes. Lost interest. It may be that we're in sleep deprivation mode, but I think mostly it's because both shows were poorly done. Also, the Hulu adaptation of 11/22/63 was absolutely awful. I didn't finish it either. They cut out huge portions of the book that made the story compelling, without it it wasn't the same. 

James Franco sucks.

I watched Altered Carbon.  Found it lame.  I watched the whole thing during my commute.  It had decent ratings, so I kept at it.  You made the right choice.  Wannabe Blade Runner with a bit of China Town thrown in.   

• Upvote 1

James Franco sucks.

I watched the first three episodes of Jessica Jones last night and dug it.  Maybe I'm just smitten with Krysten Ritter's character?  And by smitten I mean I want to do unspeakable things to her dirty girl persona, especially her magical butt.  And it goes without saying that she'd need to leave the boots on.  But that's just me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 8:02 AM, munchmemory said:

I watched the first three episodes of Jessica Jones last night and dug it.  Maybe I'm just smitten with Krysten Ritter's character?  And by smitten I mean I want to do unspeakable things to her dirty girl persona, especially her magical butt.  And it goes without saying that she'd need to leave the boots on.  But that's just me.

I liked JJ.  I loved David Tennant, but I just really like that guy since Dr. Who.

Luke Cage and  Iron Fist were mediocre and horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Americans" is finishing up stronger than ever. not sure how they wrap up this many story lines in one final episode. Very much a walk through the 1980s, even hinting that increased video technology everywhere leads to.... Amazing how much of the 80s it gets right. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2018 at 12:27 PM, Bugg said:

"The Americans" is finishing up stronger than ever. not sure how they wrap up this many story lines in one final episode. Very much a walk through the 1980s, even hinting that increased video technology everywhere leads to.... Amazing how much of the 80s it gets right. 

the finale was really good.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:13 PM, Bugg said:

Intentional time line confusion of "Westworld" has made it very close to impossible to follow what it is going on in this show. 

This show has totally gone to hell in a handbasket.

Season 2 has been dogsh*t in comparison to the first season.

It’s gotten to the point where I hope Ed Harris just kills everyone.

I’ll give it another week or two, but if it doesn’t grab me by then...then I’m out.

On 5/29/2018 at 6:13 PM, Bugg said:

Intentional time line confusion of "Westworld" has made it very close to impossible to follow what it is going on in this show. 

I absolutely love it. I have no idea what the hell is going on, where they are, or when is when. Every second is confusing and the dialogue is too esoteric half the time to help me figure it out. The past two episodes have gone completely off the rails in terms of making sense.

I think it's a great thing. Dare I say a gift. Art needs to confuse you once in a while. People need to be more comfortable watching things like 2001 and Mulholland Drive instead of expecting the Avengers all the time.

Bonus of all of it, at least for me, has been Maeve. Watching her has been witnessing the evolution of one of science fiction's all-time great characters.

• Upvote 1

James Franco sucks.

start binging The Expanse from the beginning. Stick with it. Trust me.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I absolutely love it. I have no idea what the hell is going on, where they are, or when is when. Every second is confusing and the dialogue is too esoteric half the time to help me figure it out. The past two episodes have gone completely off the rails in terms of making sense.

I think it's a great thing. Dare I say a gift. Art needs to confuse you once in a while. People need to be more comfortable watching things like 2001 and Mulholland Drive instead of expecting the Avengers all the time.

Bonus of all of it, at least for me, has been Maeve. Watching her has been witnessing the evolution of one of science fiction's all-time great characters.

As if the show runners are pushing the limit to see how much sheet an HBO audience will put up with until they're screaming in unison WHAT THE F__K IS GOING ON????!!!???

Love the talking killer/bad guy/team leader who, instead of simply KILLING TEDDY decides to gloat, that talking killer cliche, thereby giving Teddy the chance to bash his head in. Or the Delos guy, who, despite his training and knowing the hosts are manipulative beings decides, so what that MY ENTIRE TEAM is DEAD AND BLEEDING from the hosts like the hot chick rising up and killing them all, I'm gonna bang this hot host in the middle of the chaos. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

As if the show runners are pushing the limit to see how much sheet an HBO audience will put up with until they're screaming in unison WHAT THE F__K IS GOING ON????!!!???

It’s Jonathan Nolan. So yeah, pretty much. It’s crystal clear that’s the point of the show. 

• 3 weeks later...

In the future,the machines became aware enough to fool the humans to think they are in fact humans, and then allow one machine to fight for the machines and another to fight for the humans in the human's world. So "Westworld" ends where "Terminator 2" begins?  

As insane to follow as this season often was, the episode with the Native American host  becoming aware might have been one of the very best episodes ever of any show. 

Ok so I watched the office back in the day and I remember some of it but OHMYGOD 

thank god for Netflix, that show is amazeballs and Steven Carrell as Michael is just genius. The subtle eye movements and gestures, it's just brilliant 

I watch the first 2 seasons in about 2 weeks and it's just soooooooo good