TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

On 7/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Integrity28 said:

The Boys has been surprisingly good. Karl Urban is great. Most of the acting is good. The concept is great, and the writing has a sense of humor to it.

Loved it as well.  Had a bit of a Watchmen vibe to it but far better overall.  Very different look for Urban.  And getting Simon Pegg in there was a nice bonus for the ST nerds among us.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Boys is awesome and I can't wait for season 2....BUT....

Expanse season 4 is back in December,  and Amazon has already announced Season 5 is a go. Get on board if you love sci fi. Best sci fi show ever. Yes. EVER.  I loved the BSG reboot,.but The Expanse is the sh*t. Here's a taste from season 2

Been bringing The Last Kingdom on Netflix....I've read all of the books by Cornwell, but I had forgotten how good the show is, and had only seen the first season. Season 2 was great, and just starting up with Season 3......with Season 4 airing next year. 

Such a good show. Its funny, after reading the books, I never would have pictured the actor they picked as Uhtred of Bebbanburgh, but he really nails the character. 

Just finished Season 2 of "Mindhunter"; a great show. No other show except may be "The Americans" has ever done as good  a job with the soundtrack bringing you back to a specific time in America. 

"The Righteous Gemstones" so far is pretty good. 

New season of "Peaky Blinders" is now available if you live in the UK and have BBC1.Won't hit Netflix until October.  

54 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Just finished Season 2 of "Mindhunter"; a great show. No other show except may be "The Americans" has ever done as good  a job with the soundtrack bringing you back to a specific time in America. 

New season of "Peaky Blinders" is now available. You're welcome. 

Holy crap, no idea Season 2 Mindhunter is out.

Season 1 was great, it is now in the queue. 

Thanks! 

Finished Mindhunter. 

Great second season with one caveat.

The guys who played Manson and Son of Sam and Wayne Williams were great. The whole Williams investigation was some of the best TV this year. Williams was so cocky and arrogant, fantastic acting. 

My one caveat is the curveball they dropped in with Tench’s son. 

Didn’t happen in real life and changed the direction of Tench’s character and his investigative approach. 

Wasn’t necessary. 

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Finished Mindhunter. 

Great second season with one caveat.

The guys who played Manson and Son of Sam and Wayne Williams were great. The whole Williams investigation was some of the best TV this year. Williams was so cocky and arrogant, fantastic acting. 

My one caveat is the curveball they dropped in with Tench’s son. 

Didn’t happen in real life and changed the direction of Tench’s character and his investigative approach. 

Wasn’t necessary. 

They wanted a compelling B story, but the show didn't need it. His son being special was enough without ...that. 

On 8/26/2019 at 1:31 PM, Bugg said:

New season of "Peaky Blinders" is now available if you live in the UK and have BBC1.Won't hit Netflix until October.  

The Gemstones is horrendous !!!!

On 8/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Very busy right now and haven’t had a chance to keep up with any entertainment. That said, I just found out that better call Saul season 5 delayed till 2020 (wtf, smh), but on the bright side, mindhunter season 2 is finally here!

yeah its upsetting with how long some of these seasons are apart from each other. I almost feel like I need watch the whole damn series again to remember the important details since it's been so long. 

On 9/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, BroadwayBen said:

yeah its upsetting with how long some of these seasons are apart from each other. I almost feel like I need watch the whole damn series again to remember the important details since it's been so long. 

I actually confuse early seasons of BCS with Breaking Bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The Boys last month. Fun take on the annoying and way too big comic book culture of the 2010s.

Watched the latest season of Shameless on Netflix. Always a fun show but it's starting to wear on me a bit. But then I started season 2 of MindHunters in the middle of last week, and have essentially lost all track of time since.

Just finished season 2 on my commute in to the city this morning. Wow. What an amazing season. Haven't felt so compelled to binge a show like that since season 1 of True Detective.

This show is absolutely fascinating. Not knowing much - if any - of the source material, I didn't realize that the entire Atlanta storyline actually happened, and therefore had no idea how it would end. The epilogue which confirmed all of the political/bureaucratic BS is extremely disheartening. The season had it's share of fantastic acting (Manson, Kemper, Wayne Williams), lots of comic relief mixed in throughout the season, a terrible but fascinating subplot affecting a main character, some eye candy, and just a ton of suspense/intrigue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

watchmen is awesome. only one episode but dang give it a shot

I was skeptical about them taking Moore and just running with it, but it really feels how that's how things would have played out in the world that the book takes place in. Moore's work is an alternate history that feels all too real, and the show feels like exactly the same thing. I feel like the season has to culminate with Dr. Manhattan coming back, right?

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was skeptical about them taking Moore and just running with it, but it really feels how that's how things would have played out in the world that the book takes place in. Moore's work is an alternate history that feels all too real, and the show feels like exactly the same thing. I feel like the season has to culminate with Dr. Manhattan coming back, right?

that would be awesome. everything about episode 1 was done extremely well.  I was little skeptical about it as well but so far so good