greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Sherlock on Netflix.  I really like it.  Very cool.  90 minute format takes getting use to but really entertaining.  

I mentioned it in the movie thread I think but I'm halfway through Season 2 of Hemlock Grove on Netflix. First season was a little slow at times but the second season has gotten really good. Definitely original story that combines some werewolf etc sh*t with medical sci fi bonanza. Worth watching if somebody was looking for a new show to get into...not GREAT but very solid imo. 

Why doesn't this dude try doing 20 the right way instead of 54 like a dummy?

So  I just finally finished S2 of Hemlock Grove. Somebody else watch it so we can talk about how completely ****ed up it is together. 

I finished Daredevil and overall, really liked it. Picks up around E7 with, the Stick or just, Stick, or whatever. Somewhat tedious and a bit hokey at times but solid first season. 

Started, The Strain, last night. Didn't read the book but lots of potential. 

On 1/23/2017 at 11:26 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I lasted about 30 minutes before giving up on Frontier. Boring as sh*t. Who the hell wants a complicated plot and historical accuracy with something like this? If you tell me I'm about to watch Khal Drogo **** some sh*t up for a few hours, then you better deliver. 

I did the exact same thing. And I get trying to be real and all but I was having a hard time getting past their teeth. The theif/boy is in Hemlock Grove which was sorta watchable for the most part. 

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Penny Dreadful is one of the best things I've watched. She is outstanding. The chick that plays the head Witch is the sister from Peaky Blinders. She is outstanding as well. 

S2 is even better than S1. The flashback to the cut wives cabin was beyond good. So many incredible WTF scenes through the whole season. Amazing show. 

On 3/20/2017 at 9:21 AM, chirorob said:

This is a show I am looking forward to.

Real good cast, real good book.

One of my favorite books and favorite authors!!!

• Upvote 1

Season 2, and although I'm only halfway through Season 3 (so far) of Penny Dreadful is probably one of the best show watching experiences of my life. Season 1 is ok, it's good. But Season 2 and so far Season 3 is next-level amazing!!!

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

What other books has he done you would recommend?

Neverwhere 5 stars

Ocean at the End of the Lane 4 stars

American Gods 4 stars

Sandman (comics) 4 stars

Stardust 3 1/2 stars

Trigger Warnings (short stories) 3 1/2 stars

Anansi Boys 3 stars

...that's out of what I've read

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Gawddang, Iron Fist is horribly bad.

I could barely make it through Ep1. Was hoping Danny died the whole time.

I realize I shamelessly already started my own thread on it but PEOPLE...watch Dark, on Netflix. It's awesome

The Terror, on AMC...so far so good!

Fwiw this is one of my favorite books all time.

@Integrity28 this show is based off of the book....by Dan Simmons. LOL I wish you read this one instead of Drood. This is also a hard book to read...at first. It's over 1000 pages...the first 600 tells a story...the final 400 the book goes into a whole other storyline that is amazing. But I don't see how they can translate that part into the show. As far as the book, there is no way to categorize it. It's part historical fiction, part horror, part psychological...terror, but then goes into mystical almost sci fi territory. 

• Post of the Week 2

On 11/8/2018 at 3:45 PM, slowmoe57 said:

The Haunting of Hill House on NETFLIX is pretty damn creepy -- Horror fans will love it. But beware it bounces back and forth alot.

ReLly good. Loving it halfway through

49 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Caught episode 1 of the new Black Mirror season last night on Netflix.  It's called "Bandersnatch" and is "interactive".  Not their best effort, but very entertaining.

saw this and was wondering...hmm alt endings and such might be fun. I used to love the Choose your own adventure books as a kid....

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2019 at 5:38 PM, Peace Frog said:

Season 2 of The Terror is 3 episodes in.

Pretty creepy.  Following in the footsteps of season 1-- history mixed with fiction mixed with horror, Japanese internment camps after Pearl meets up with an evil spirit.

The book is a top 3 all time for me...by Dan Simmons

Good Omens is good lighthearted fun on Amazon too. The book was popular a long time ago, show follows it pretty well

• Upvote 1

Don’t **** with cats is pretty f’ed up and The circle Is amazingly entertaining 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company