greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

The first season of The Punisher was good (the last 3-4 episodes made the whole show for me) but what I’m really excited for is Season 2.

Now we can get away from this whole “crooked CIA conspiracy” thing and get down to Frank ruthlessly murdering the sh*t out of criminals on the streets.

Steve Lightfoot (the showrunner) has already said that he wants to see Barracuda from the Punisher MAX series introduced. Terry Crews would be an awesome choice to portray him.

On set clip of the 2nd season of The Punisher.

Russo returning as Jigsaw confirmed 

On 5/29/2018 at 5:13 PM, Bugg said:

Intentional time line confusion of "Westworld" has made it very close to impossible to follow what it is going on in this show. 

This show has totally gone to hell in a handbasket.

Season 2 has been dogsh*t in comparison to the first season.

It’s gotten to the point where I hope Ed Harris just kills everyone.

I’ll give it another week or two, but if it doesn’t grab me by then...then I’m out.

LOL 

DC has no clue what the f*ck they’re doing. They’ve turned Dick Grayson into Frank Castle.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks for saving me the time of checking this out.  Had one thought while watching the promo for the series on TV:  Who the frig cast Krasinski in the role. He seems so out of place.

When I think superspy badass, the first name that comes to mind is John Krasinski.

And now they’re talking about him being cast as the new Batman...

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Official Daredevil Season 3 Trailer

Looks like they’re definitely doing some sort of adaptation of the classic ‘Born Again’ storyline.

And I’m about 90% certain that’s Bullseye impersonating Daredevil at the end.

I’m 3 episodes into the 3rd season of Daredevil and loving it so far.

Glad that Fisk is back and playing a much larger role than in the 2nd season.

Woke up an extra hour early to check out the first episode of Punisher Season 2 before work.

The bar room brawl/shootout with Janis Joplin playing was great!

• Upvote 1

Finished Punisher Season 2 last night and really liked it for the most part. More action packed than the first season. The last 15 seconds is the most “Punisher” Frank Castle has ever looked on screen and a direct homage to the first War Zone cover. Shame there probably won’t be a Season 3 with him truly embracing being the Punisher.

marvel-comics-punisher-war-zone-vol-1-is

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Finished the Punisher. It wasn't as great as season 1, but had its moments, although I was hoping for more -- especially from Russo/Jigsaw. You can tell the show lost a lot without the Frank/Micro dynamic. Frank's new relationship with the girl was nice, but... a bit cliche. And I didn't think Frank letting John Pilgrim live was very Punisher-like. Even as much as I'd love to see a Punisher/Daredevil duo take down the Kingpin in season 3, I'd say the final scene was the perfect way to send the show off.

Goodbye, Frank. Time to order me some new comics.

Jigsaw and his relationship with his therapist was hands down the weakest aspect of the show. 

John Pilgrim should’ve been the central antagonist of the season. That guy was f*cking great over the last 4-5 episodes.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Has anyone watched Deadwood?   I started to get into it.  It's a bit slow and it doesnt really feel like it's going anywhere but I do like the acting and some of the situations they're put in are compelling but I'm starting to wonder if I'm wasting my time and there really isnt anything super suspenseful that happens or that it's building toward.

Anyone?  

I loved it 

Have to refresh myself before the movie debuts.

I actually lived up there for 6 years. Nice little quiet mountain town. Not much to do other than gamble and bar hop though. And I don’t give two sh*ts about gambling.

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2019 at 7:41 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Mandalorian is much  better than I expected.  Worth a watch. Very "grungy underbelly " of a vibe with what might develop into a decent anti-hero if done right. 

Looking forward to the next one. 

Star Wars....lives?

The first two episodes were awesome. And that's coming from a guy who has hated just about everything Star Wars related that has come out since the original trilogy.

Would be great if they do a whole ‘Lone Wolf and Cub’ thing with it.

They should’ve given the new movies to Favreau instead of the Spielberg wannabe J.J. Abrams and that hack dickhead Rian Johnson.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/27/2019 at 7:54 AM, Larz said:

Episode 8 of mandolorian was very satisfying. Time to binge watch the whole series!

Pretty crazy how they’ve f*cked up so royally with the new movies but have gotten this so right.

In the last episode they managed to pack 10x more awesome sh*t into 45 minutes than any of the movies could into 2 1/2 hours.

• Upvote 1

Started The Expanse around a month ago. About halfway through Season 3 at this point.

Holy sh*t what a great show

I’m thinking I should start to pace myself more so I don’t have to wait damn near a year for Season 5.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've only been screaming about The Expanse IN THIS THREAD for 3+ years. Sheesh  

I remember thinking it looked interesting when they were advertising the 1st season 4-5 years ago but I just wrote it off because SyFy has produced nothing but D level garbage in the past.

But I’ve been hooked on it ever since I started

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's getting better by the season. Very rare for TV. So much to like about the show. 

Agreed

Honestly thinking about starting the novels now

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company