greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I can't stand Aaron Sorkin. He is the Dan Brown of screen writers.

last week tonight continues to crush it

so I watched the first 2 episodes of OJ last night.  very good.  the bar scene of the knicks game being interrupted is exaclty what happened to me.  I got dragged out to a bar that night, and then had to watch the bronco thingy

its just so disgusting how celebrity can get you anything in this culture.  we are so out of whack

AC yelling at the cops to back off, and they do.    ugh

so happy to see westworld getting love, will check it out

we have been binge watching the X-Files on netflix recently.  I forgot how cool that show was. some clunker episodes, but constant close ups of scully make it ok, lol

3iAV9.gif

giphy.gif

Anyone watch black mirror? Love it So far
5 stars!

My favorite "new find" of last year.  Incredible writing, acting, and art direction.  Think I wrote somewhere in here that the season ender with John Hamm is one of the finest examples of TV excellence in the history of the medium.  Several other episodes also come pretty close to this standard. 

Cool! I just saw the one about your social media rating ruling your life and the augmented reality video game. Agree, really well done

That episode is called "Nosedive".  lol   Bryce Dallas Howard is amazing in that episode.  Many more good ones coming up, Larz.  Can't wait for the new season's release.

White christmas was amazing.
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Watched first two episodes of the new Black Mirror season last night.  I was totally unimpressed with the opening episode, a Star Trek-themed one called "USS Callister".  Not bad.  But just too long and did not have the trademark Black Mirror edgy "darkness".  At least not enough for me.

Second one, "Arkangel" was fantastic.  Full of the elements which make this series stand out.

Agree on both. Fantastic writing, fantastic series. Metal head is great, hang the dj was very good, black museum very complex and worth the wait. 

Crocodile is shockingly good. Love it or hate it kind of but I loved it 

• Like 1

Disappointed in the new x-files 

Thank God for black mirror and stranger things 

On 2/12/2018 at 3:38 PM, HessStation said:

TO37Vj4.jpg

what are you waiting for?? Watch it!!!

you were right about stranger things so I will trust you on this one.....

• Upvote 1

Ok so I watched the office back in the day and I remember some of it but OHMYGOD 

thank god for Netflix, that show is amazeballs and Steven Carrell as Michael is just genius. The subtle eye movements and gestures, it's just brilliant 

I watch the first 2 seasons in about 2 weeks and it's just soooooooo good 

1 minute ago, JoeC36 said:

IMHO, it's a crime he never won the emmy for lead actor in a comedy

He'll always have his dundees to fall back on 😉

• Upvote 1

Just made it through the wedding 

The office is right there with Seinfeld, every episode makes me laugh 

Every character is amazing 

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Wait, is this your first time through the series?

Yeah I watched it some on the original run but probably only a dozen episodes. 

I knew the characters, basic plot but had no idea how consistently funny it is. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2018 at 2:16 PM, munchmemory said:

We went through a few choices last night, which were very interesting (some even funny).  A few minutes ago, my son said he stayed up to like 4 AM going through the various (many) scenarios.  Said they got completely looney.  I will check it out at some point.

Not for nothing, but Charlie Brooker is really pushing the creative envelope.

I just finished my first attempt and did something wrong I guess, our choices kept getting limited to the same junction and then a box appeared that said exit to credits and I thought that would trigger an ending but just got the credits. 

I'll try again later this week but the first go around was a little disappointing. 

Edit to add we did get to one of the 5 endings, just a boring one lol

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The first two episodes were awesome. And that's coming from a guy who has hated just about everything Star Wars related that has come out since the original trilogy.

Would be great if they do a whole ‘Lone Wolf and Cub’ thing with it.

They should’ve given the new movies to Favreau instead of the Spielberg wannabe J.J. Abrams and that hack dickhead Rian Johnson.

Like the rest of the planet I got Disney + this week. I agree 1000% with you. The mandolorian gets it. The references to the original trilogy are smart and tasteful down to the details like the bounty hunting droid from empire and the “no disintegration’s” and the alien kuiil looks like guys on bespin. 

Just finished the original trilogy tonight. 

• Upvote 1

ZOMG EPISODE 3 OF THE MANDOLORIAN WAS AMAZEBALLS

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The director of that episode is heading up the entire Obi Wan series. Get hyped. 

that is good news.
I told my son I was waiting my whole life for the last 5 minutes of that episode. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am finally caught up on the Mandalorian and come ON. Jawas, the Cantina, sandpeople...this show is everything I have always wanted out of Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. SWOOP BIKES, FINALLY. I hope they keep all of this going. Every episode is like the homage scenes from Rogue One on crack. 

I am in the minority on this board of enjoying the new trilogy, but man, this show has me really sad that they didn’t bring Favreau on instead of Abrams to helm the movies. No non-Lucas person has gotten Star Wars this well since Timothy Zahn.

Beggars canyon!!!!

luke skywalker GIF by Star Wars

Episode 8 of mandolorian was very satisfying. Time to binge watch the whole series!

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty crazy how they’ve f*cked up so royally with the new movies but have gotten this so right.

In the last episode they managed to pack 10x more awesome sh*t into 45 minutes than any of the movies could into 2 1/2 hours.

No doubt. Just the rising Phoenix stuff was better than anything in the last 3 movies. 

• Upvote 1

Ok so my job and family situation means I am usually very late to catch up on adult content TV and movies 

hey guys 

that breaking bad show is awesome!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company