TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

That part was good.  I like the intrigue behind who he was and convincing everyone etc and establishing the villain.  But then it starts to get very choppy.  Like even from one episode to the next.  I dont hate it, it's just not very good when you compare it to the others.  

Fair enough, I've only seen 2 so far.

I still haven't seen Luke Cage, that's next.   But overall, Marvel and Netflix have made 3 good shows in Daredevil, JJ, and for me, Iron Fist so far.

I like a lot of Netflix shows.   Santa Clarita diet is crazy, and I don't like Drew Barrymore at all.  

Just now, JoeC36 said:

Not a lot of shows can draw my mother's attention and keep it. But that show was a must watch every week for her. It was awesome

Great acting, great flow, a bunch of sh*t I never knew about, awesome ending...just all around a really great show. 

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

I finished the People vs OJ.  WOW WOW WOW!  That was good sh*t! 

9 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Not a lot of shows can draw my mother's attention and keep it. But that show was a must watch every week for her. It was awesome

If you guys didn't see it, O.J.: Made In America is recommended.

When that went down I was glued to the TV from the start. I didn't care about the Knick game being interrupted and missed very little of the Court TV live coverage of the trial.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

What other books has he done you would recommend?

Neverwhere 5 stars

Ocean at the End of the Lane 4 stars

American Gods 4 stars

Sandman (comics) 4 stars

Stardust 3 1/2 stars

Trigger Warnings (short stories) 3 1/2 stars

Anansi Boys 3 stars

...that's out of what I've read

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Unneeded Prison Break sequal season premiers on Tuesday. Still excited for it 

Looking forward to seeing Michael and Sarah cement their reputation as the on-screen couple with the worst chemistry of all time.  They make Jay Mohr and Jennifer Aniston in Picture Perfect look like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Mr & Mrs. Smith. 

Seriously, though, I am excited for it too despite the horrible Michael/Sarah pairing.  I could watch Robert Knepper act all day. 

18 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Looking forward to seeing Michael and Sarah cement their reputation as the on-screen couple with the worst chemistry of all time.  They make Jay Mohr and Jennifer Aniston in Picture Perfect look like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Mr & Mrs. Smith. 

Seriously, though, I am excited for it too despite the horrible Michael/Sarah pairing.  I could watch Robert Knepper act all day. 

I just found out the other day he reprised T-Bag in an episode of the show "Breakout Kings" back in 2012 or something. It's on netflix, but I haven't watched it yet

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2017 at 2:19 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Legion just finished season 1. Loved it. Now looking forward to Fargo season 3. Noah Hawley has been on fire 

Fargo has been one of the best shows on tv. Can't wait for that. 

12 hours ago, peebag said:

Gawddang, Iron Fist is horribly bad.

Probably my least favorite of all the Netflix hero releases but I didn't think it was that bad. 

12 hours ago, Larz said:

Anyone watch black mirror? Love it So far
5 stars!

My favorite "new find" of last year.  Incredible writing, acting, and art direction.  Think I wrote somewhere in here that the season ender with John Hamm is one of the finest examples of TV excellence in the history of the medium.  Several other episodes also come pretty close to this standard. 

My favorite "new find" of last year.  Incredible writing, acting, and art direction.  Think I wrote somewhere in here that the season ender with John Hamm is one of the finest examples of TV excellence in the history of the medium.  Several other episodes also come pretty close to this standard. 

Cool! I just saw the one about your social media rating ruling your life and the augmented reality video game. Agree, really well done

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Cool! I just saw the one about your social media rating ruling your life and the augmented reality video game. Agree, really well done

That episode is called "Nosedive".  lol   Bryce Dallas Howard is amazing in that episode.  Many more good ones coming up, Larz.  Can't wait for the new season's release.

On 3/30/2017 at 0:38 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Finally all caught up on Better Call Saul.

I don't think it's outrageous to argue that it's every bit as amazing as Breaking Bad was. And I am loving the fact that it's essentially a show about both Jimmy and Mike and their separate stories now. More Salamanca awesomeness, just brilliant.

tonight, 10 PM, bitches.

latest?cb=20120916191112

On 4/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, Dcat said:

tonight, 10 PM, bitches.

latest?cb=20120916191112

I bitched. I can't wait to really REALLY see Gus. It's too bad that they couldn't find Larry Hankin to reprise Old Joe. Good enough, though. There are so many nuggets in this show. I'm often observant to my detriment, but in Season 1, Jesse Pinkman's name was scratched on the phone box. Haha. 

I think the only challenge with this show is that you can't turn back the clock on physical age on some of the characters we all know and love. We might see a Pinkman cameo, at least that's my feeling. Something fuzzy in the background. You know it's coming. 

Speaking of Jonathan Banks, I highly recommend 'Alexander: The Other Side of Dawn'. Me and the old man were bored one night, and felt like gaying it up around here. Trust me, that flick is so Queen Central it makes Troy Aikman look straight as an arrow. I'm somewhat of an aficionado on all of the 70s  made for TV flicks. God love ya, Linda Blair; but I was all hold the phone on this one. Jonathan Banks, Haha, he's sitting in room of  street male prostitutes, I never forget a face. I can just pin them. It doesn't even mean if I met you once 53 years ago - and I'm 53,  It's a frightening ability. 

The Americans is starting to become excruciating to me. I liked it in the beginning but it started slowing down for me the more Paige was involved last year.

It's become interminable now with Paige essentially dominating the show. Every other scene is about Paige's problems as a teenager. It's not working for me. It sucks

On 4/23/2017 at 7:59 PM, JohnJ said:

The Americans is starting to become excruciating to me. I liked it in the beginning but it started slowing down for me the more Paige was involved last year.

It's become interminable now with Paige essentially dominating the show. Every other scene is about Paige's problems as a teenager. It's not working for me. It sucks

yeah... I wont PAY for it , so Ive watched 4 seasons on Amazon, enjoyed them all, but yes, the Paige thing towards end of season 4 was "not good".

Are you in season 5?

On 3/30/2017 at 0:38 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Finally all caught up on Better Call Saul.

I don't think it's outrageous to argue that it's every bit as amazing as Breaking Bad was. And I am loving the fact that it's essentially a show about both Jimmy and Mike and their separate stories now. More Salamanca awesomeness, just brilliant.

On 4/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, Dcat said:

tonight, 10 PM, bitches.

latest?cb=20120916191112

Im watching on Netflix....  just finished season 2.  This is one of those shows you either Love or dont get. I Love it but would fully understand someone saying its stupid.

Random question; does anyone else have trouble binge watching shows? I feel like it's all the rage to sit down and watch 10 episodes on a Saturday and blow through a series in a couple weeks...

I just can't do it! I get bored with even the best shows after a couple episodes. It takes me months to finish a show. I'll watch maybe 2 episodes a week.

23 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Random question; does anyone else have trouble binge watching shows? I feel like it's all the rage to sit down and watch 10 episodes on a Saturday and blow through a series in a couple weeks...

I just can't do it! I get bored with even the best shows after a couple episodes. It takes me months to finish a show. I'll watch maybe 2 episodes a week.

Had this discussion with my wife a few week's ago.  I binge watch with her but get bored after a while, too.  For me, I guess it's that I prefer the format of feature films which have a beginning, middle and end to a story in one (about) two-hour setting.  I don't like things so drawn out.  Reminds me of the old days when folks watched "serials" like Buck Rogers over many weeks/months.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Had this discussion with my wife a few week's ago.  I binge watch with her but get bored after a while, too.  For me, I guess it's that I prefer the format of feature films which have a beginning, middle and end to a story in one (about) two-hour setting.  I don't like things so drawn out.  Reminds me of the old days when folks watched "serials" like Buck Rogers over many weeks/months.

Yes, exactly! And I'm not an expert on these things, or a TV snob or anything like that, but shows become so formulaic to me after watching for a while.

You can just see the same similar story arch in each episode and each season. Yes, they change things up and there's a surprise or two, but the overall bell curve is the same episode after episode after episode... And to your point, that get's old. It's like just getting the middle over and over instead of the beginning/middle/end. 

I DO like TV and all the great shows out there, and I will watch them... I just can't do more than one or two episodes of the same show at a time. It just gets predictable. 

• Upvote 1