Jump to content
greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That guy and Mickey Donovan are two A1 pants hitchers. Absolutely awesome.  The only complaint I have heard was from Spanish speakers who didn't like his accent (Brazilian).  I don't speak Spanish, so I don't care.

The guy that plays Limon does it every scene too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 12:35 PM, peebag said:

Has anyone seen Mike Judge's new series on Cinemax?   A f*ckin' hoot!

 

 

Enjoying the hell out of it.

"Mindhunter" on Netlfix started a bit slow, but really got better and better. Without giving to much away Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying" in the 10th episode might be the best use of a rock song since "Layla" in"Goodfellas". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 5:41 PM, #27TheDominator said:

The new season with the Cali cartel or the first two with Escobar?  Escobar was awesome.  Haven't started the latest season yet.

 

On 9/26/2017 at 6:25 PM, Integrity28 said:

S1-2

all Escobar 

Season 3 does NOT disappoint.  Good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

 

Season 3 does NOT disappoint.  Good stuff.

Haven't watched it.  My phone will not upload the subtitles.  Very frustrating.  I have been watching Will Arnett,  Flaked and BoJack Horseman.  Both enjoyable and good music, but neither anything I would strongly endorse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Haven't watched it.  My phone will not upload the subtitles.  Very frustrating.  I have been watching Will Arnett,  Flaked and BoJack Horseman.  Both enjoyable and good music, but neither anything I would strongly endorse. 

Have you tried...MindHunters..  really good. 1st episode a little slow but then it is really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Shameless new season starts Sunday in case you are a fan and didn't know

Oh those wacky Gallaghers !

They lost me after season 4 - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently, I am in "my wife is obsessed with Starz' Outlander and Masterpiece's Poldark hell".   Only saving grace is that Outlander features tons of female nudity.  The main female star, Caitriona Balfe, is kinda hot and seems to relish getting pseudo-banged on film.  

Also, wouldn't "Poledark" make an awesome title for an interracial porn flick?  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Currently, I am in "my wife is obsessed with Starz' Outlander and Masterpiece's Poldark hell".   Only saving grace is that Outlander features tons of female nudity.  The main female star, Caitriona Balfe, is kinda hot and seems to relish getting pseudo-banged on film.  

Also, wouldn't "Poledark" make an awesome title for an interracial porn flick?  lol

Watched an episode of "POldark". They would fall soundly asleep before anything fun happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else watching The Expanse? Its nice watching actual, real Sci Fi on TV again. Took a couple of eps but I like it and it gave me something to watch during GOT hiatus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 5:41 PM, #27TheDominator said:

The new season with the Cali cartel or the first two with Escobar?  Escobar was awesome.  Haven't started the latest season yet.

Just finished season 3.  Just a great freaking show.  Didn't disappoint one bit without Escobar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sad what happened to the whole Defenders story line with Netflix.  It's literally unwatchable.  Those 4 just don't go well together.  There is zero on screen chemistry and the addition of all them on the screen at one time takes away from how cool they were individually.  Shame.  I blame Iron Fist. 

Daredevil was great.  Jessica Jones great.  Luke Cage great.  Then comes Iron Fist and the whole thing has turned to sh*t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just finished season 3.  Just a great freaking show.  Didn't disappoint one bit without Escobar. 

I haven't watched it because my cell wouldn't download the subtitles.  Cell just gave up the ghost, so I will get the new one and get started during next week's commute.

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

So sad what happened to the whole Defenders story line with Netflix.  It's literally unwatchable.  Those 4 just don't go well together.  There is zero on screen chemistry and the addition of all them on the screen at one time takes away from how cool they were individually.  Shame.  I blame Iron Fist. 

Daredevil was great.  Jessica Jones great.  Luke Cage great.  Then comes Iron Fist and the whole thing has turned to sh*t. 

Only Danny Rand can defeat them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JiF said:

So sad what happened to the whole Defenders story line with Netflix.  It's literally unwatchable.  Those 4 just don't go well together.  There is zero on screen chemistry and the addition of all them on the screen at one time takes away from how cool they were individually.  Shame.  I blame Iron Fist. 

Daredevil was great.  Jessica Jones great.  Luke Cage great.  Then comes Iron Fist and the whole thing has turned to sh*t. 

Yep, didn't make it to the third episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2017 at 7:28 PM, peebag said:

They lost me after season 4 - 

Last season was intended to be the series finale, but it was the best season in the entire series and ratings went through the roof. Thus the renewal. I agree that seasons 4 and 5 were not so good, but if you ever liked the show, watch last season. This one will probably be the last. The series would be immensely improved if they could get rid of Debbie, BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Last season was intended to be the series finale, but it was the best season in the entire series and ratings went through the roof. Thus the renewal. I agree that seasons 4 and 5 were not so good, but if you ever liked the show, watch last season. This one will probably be the last. The series would be immensely improved if they could get rid of Debbie, BTW.

She's literally the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Last season was intended to be the series finale, but it was the best season in the entire series and ratings went through the roof. Thus the renewal. I agree that seasons 4 and 5 were not so good, but if you ever liked the show, watch last season. This one will probably be the last. The series would be immensely improved if they could get rid of Debbie, BTW.

The already announced a season 9:

http://tvline.com/2017/11/08/shameless-renewed-season-9-showtime/

Interesting idea to get rid of Debbie BTW. 

This show was based on the English series with the same characters. For the first couple of years (it lasted 11 seasons), the US series mostly mirrored the British one in characters and plot but then they switched focus to the Maguires 

I thought that the first episode was pretty good but as they left it last season, everyone was pretty much doing well for themselves and you keep waiting for some, if not all the characters to implode. Any prediction on who goes down the rabbit hole first?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 8:00 PM, The Crimson King said:

BTW: Anyone watch The Deuce? 

A bit depressing but a wonderful depiction of the era and one of the best closing theme songs ever

I'm missing an episode or two, but I do watch the show. HBO did a awesome job with this. Really captures NYC at that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Band Of Brothers on HBO go.

It's older, I just never got around to it.   So good.   If you some how missed it like I did, you should for sure watch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chirorob said:

Just finished Band Of Brothers on HBO go.

It's older, I just never got around to it.   So good.   If you some how missed it like I did, you should for sure watch it.

Best watched several episodes in a row

They should show this one in school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Best watched several episodes in a row

They should show this one in school

Any time you want to complain, watch that.   Then realize whatever you are complaining about is nothing, and shut up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×