TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Barry

Killing Eve

Unabomber

Mindhunter

Godless

Taboo

Fargo 1 and 2

River

Happy Valley

Alienist

Penny Dreadful 

Punisher 

Bodyguard

Marcella 

Missing

The Innocent

True Detective 1 and 3 (1 much better)

The Night of (first 2 episodes then fell off the cliff- first episode possibly best opening episode ever for a series)

The Terror 

Happy! is good. Dark, humorous, and violent. Weird as **** in some parts. Meloni is awesome as this character. I really didn't expect to like it this much, but it's pretty good. The fight scenes are done very well. Gritty, over-the-top with gore at times, humorous... reminds me a little of Deadpool in that regard. Much better than either season of the Punisher.

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2015 at 6:20 PM, T0mShane said:

Thank you. I was hoping this would be the deal. It's good so far in terms of the writing and the acting, but everyone I ever talked to about it says it's the gawd drama series of all time.

btw, the one thing I've encountered with people that legit makes me hate them is when I recommend Breaking Bad to them and they watch two episodes and tells me it's boring. I want to hurt them so much. I tell them to just start with Season Three and eat a dick.

I watched the first 2 episodes a couple years apart a couple of times before I could bring myself to continue on.  That being said, it is one of my favorite series behind peaky blinders.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:57 AM, Peace Frog said:

Barry

Killing Eve

Unabomber

Mindhunter

Godless

Taboo

Fargo 1 and 2

River

Happy Valley

Alienist

Penny Dreadful 

Punisher 

Bodyguard

Marcella 

Missing

The Innocent

True Detective 1 and 3 (1 much better)

The Night of (first 2 episodes then fell off the cliff- first episode possibly best opening episode ever for a series)

The Terror 

Yes, Taboo

Had a 4 hour wait in Miami last week so started to watch "Black Summer" on NETFLIX. I know another Zombie Apocalypse show. But I am pretty hooked on it. Very well done and some edge of your seat moments.

Tonight is also the Finale of "Gotham" loved it's run but it is time to end.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone watched Deadwood?   I started to get into it.  It's a bit slow and it doesnt really feel like it's going anywhere but I do like the acting and some of the situations they're put in are compelling but I'm starting to wonder if I'm wasting my time and there really isnt anything super suspenseful that happens or that it's building toward.

Anyone?  

From what I remember nothing super suspenseful. Pretty much keeps the same rhythm throughout, But it was a good watch nothing fantastic. And they do have a closure movie on HBO next month. Supposedly takes place 10 years after the show ended.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Has anyone watched Deadwood?   I started to get into it.  It's a bit slow and it doesnt really feel like it's going anywhere but I do like the acting and some of the situations they're put in are compelling but I'm starting to wonder if I'm wasting my time and there really isnt anything super suspenseful that happens or that it's building toward.

Anyone?  

I loved it 

Have to refresh myself before the movie debuts.

I actually lived up there for 6 years. Nice little quiet mountain town. Not much to do other than gamble and bar hop though. And I don’t give two sh*ts about gambling.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 2:58 PM, JiF said:

Anyone?  

Yes. It’s very much like GoT in the way that dialogue, manipulation and politicking are the primary sources of conflict and tension. Very curious about the movie.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, Untouchable said:

I loved it 

Have to refresh myself before the movie debuts.

I actually lived up there for 6 years. Nice little quiet mountain town. Not much to do other than gamble and bar hop though. And I don’t give two sh*ts about gambling.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes. It’s very much like GoT in the way that dialogue, manipulation and politicking are the primary sources of conflict and tension. Very curious about the movie.

Ok, I'm going to continue. I'm like 6 epsidoes in and I like it, dont love it but it just doesnt feel like it's going anywhere.  

38 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Chernobyl on HBO. 1st episode is really, really good. Horrible what happened to those people, and how the Soviet State just made it worse.

Yeah I’m all over this. The lead actor was in The Terror, pretty good miniseries. 

Still two best shows on TV for me are Barry and Killing Eve. 

26 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah I’m all over this. The lead actor was in The Terror, pretty good miniseries. 

Still two best shows on TV for me are Barry and Killing Eve. 

Jared Harris? Richard Harris son, was great in The Expanse (and everything else I've seen him in).

24 minutes ago, peebag said:

Lol - yea right

My opinion.

I thought Battle cry and Armeggedon by Uris (or anything by Uris) were better than Heller. I thought Naked and the Dead by Mailer was better. I liked The Thin Red Line as well.....but Jones WAS 25th ID so I'm partial. 

I think Catch-22 was pop culture 60's crap masquerading as literature. Hell, Slaughterhouse 5 is better than C-22, and Vonnegut was bat sh*t cray cray...

For the record, the most overrated vook in the history of books is Atlas Shrugged. Can't believe I trudged through that whole box of sh*t years ago. Rand told the same story but better in 1/100th the words in Anthem. 

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My opinion.

I thought Battle cry and Armeggedon by Uris (or anything by Uris) were better than Heller. I thought Naked and the Dead by Mailer was better. I liked The Thin Red Line as well.....but Jones WAS 25th ID so I'm partial. 

I think Catch-22 was pop culture 60's crap masquerading as literature. Hell, Slaughterhouse 5 is better than C-22, and Vonnegut was bat sh*t cray cray...

For the record, the most overrated vook in the history of books is Atlas Shrugged. Can't believe I trudged through that whole box of sh*t years ago. Rand told the same story but better in 1/100th the words in Anthem. 

Thin Red Line was a great book that Terrence Malik took a big dump in with his awful movie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1