TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

On 10/29/2019 at 8:50 AM, The Crimson King said:

Amazon will be doing a Lord of the Rings TV show

Was a big fan back in the day but not so sure about this. We have to wait until 2021 anyway.

I think they are looking for GOT epic here so someone is going to spend a fortune 

It will take place way before the movies, when all the rings are actually forged.

29 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

thanks

The Mines of Moria is business maybe? Sauron working for Morgoth? 

I just hope that they don't just do the Silmarillion because that was a bit dull.

this is either going to be epic or a big "huh?"

Wayyyy back.    Before Gandalf.  

On 11/3/2019 at 7:17 AM, JoeC36 said:

Finished Jack Ryan season 2 on Amazon last night and have to say I'm disappointed. Season 1 was much better IMO

Looks like a Clear and Present Danger redux (Book, never saw the trash movie they made)

I'd like to see the Cardinal of the Kremlin done.  Too bad the Debt of Honor stuff can't be done. 

I’m four episodes into Watchmen on HBO and it’s a self-satisfied mess where nobody says anything interesting, the characters are flat as f*ck, and the scenes that the writers think are really clever are Hardy Boys-level tripe. What a desecration of the source material, but even besides that it’s just a huge waste of an interesting premise. Then I realized it’s Damon Lindelof of “Lost” fame and it all made sense. What a ******* hack.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m four episodes into Watchmen on HBO and it’s a self-satisfied mess where nobody says anything interesting, the characters are flat as f*ck, and the scenes that the writers think are really clever are Hardy Boys-level tripe. What a desecration of the source material, but even besides that it’s just a huge waste of an interesting premise. Then I realized it’s Damon Lindelof of “Lost” fame and it all made sense. What a ******* hack.

Just watch The Boys. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

i like it so far but to each its own. 

On 11/12/2019 at 7:41 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Mandalorian is much  better than I expected.  Worth a watch. Very "grungy underbelly " of a vibe with what might develop into a decent anti-hero if done right. 

Looking forward to the next one. 

Star Wars....lives?

The first two episodes were awesome. And that's coming from a guy who has hated just about everything Star Wars related that has come out since the original trilogy.

Would be great if they do a whole ‘Lone Wolf and Cub’ thing with it.

They should’ve given the new movies to Favreau instead of the Spielberg wannabe J.J. Abrams and that hack dickhead Rian Johnson.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I am thoroughly enjoying A Year in Space on Netflix. A documentary series done in shorts on a topic like this was a bright idea. The format takes the unnecessary need of having to structure a coherent narrative for a feature length or regular episode lengths, and you can just sit back and enjoy each part of the story piece by piece.

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The first two episodes were awesome. And that's coming from a guy who has hated just about everything Star Wars related that has come out since the original trilogy.

Would be great if they do a whole ‘Lone Wolf and Cub’ thing with it.

They should’ve given the new movies to Favreau instead of the Spielberg wannabe J.J. Abrams and that hack dickhead Rian Johnson.

Like the rest of the planet I got Disney + this week. I agree 1000% with you. The mandolorian gets it. The references to the original trilogy are smart and tasteful down to the details like the bounty hunting droid from empire and the “no disintegration’s” and the alien kuiil looks like guys on bespin. 

Just finished the original trilogy tonight. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 12:33 AM, T0mShane said:

I thought it was good up to the nostalgia drug stuff. This is where he loses me.

• Upvote 1

I am finally caught up on the Mandalorian and come ON. Jawas, the Cantina, sandpeople...this show is everything I have always wanted out of Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. SWOOP BIKES, FINALLY. I hope they keep all of this going. Every episode is like the homage scenes from Rogue One on crack. 

I am in the minority on this board of enjoying the new trilogy, but man, this show has me really sad that they didn’t bring Favreau on instead of Abrams to helm the movies. No non-Lucas person has gotten Star Wars this well since Timothy Zahn.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am finally caught up on the Mandalorian and come ON. Jawas, the Cantina, sandpeople...this show is everything I have always wanted out of Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. SWOOP BIKES, FINALLY. I hope they keep all of this going. Every episode is like the homage scenes from Rogue One on crack. 

I am in the minority on this board of enjoying the new trilogy, but man, this show has me really sad that they didn’t bring Favreau on instead of Abrams to helm the movies. No non-Lucas person has gotten Star Wars this well since Timothy Zahn.

Beggars canyon!!!!

luke skywalker GIF by Star Wars

Much to the pompous chagrin of @T0mShane, I enjoyed S1 of Watchmen. Imperfect, sure. Still, I enjoyed the complexity ... but I also don’t know the source material. Either way, better than some of the other stuff to cone out recently. Bonus that they address racial issues and it probably triggers the eff out of the red hats.

I tried giving The Witcher a fair shot but the writing is very confusing. I may keep giving it a go but I’ve finally had the time to catch up on The Expanse (on S3 currently) and holy crap, I think it might legit be the best show out there right now. 

I feel something awful about the flack The Witcher has gotten. I know a few peeps that worked on this show and years of so much hard work from a LOT of people went into the production. Just a sh*tty feeling to put so much of yourself into something and then the internet just tears it apart and that’s that. 

• Sympathy 1