TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

1) LOL.

2) He's tryna compensate for "missing his flight" with Rachel Menken by doin the faintly resembling "greasy spoon employee" in the back of a diner. 

Side note: Bangin a chick up against a brick wall cannot be pleasant for the chick's back. 

Between Rachel Menken and Tara Teller, you can never have enough Maggie Siff. 

• Upvote 1

Yep have hbo and showtime, plus xfinity has a ton of content.. not to mention all the stuff you get with Amazon Prime..

I watch it when I do cardio and when I go to bed, probably a solid 1.5 hrs a day for the last 3 years (more if the show is great, I watch entire GOT season in a single weekend).. it adds up quickly. I just finished Daredevil and was looking for something new to watch and was laughing about just how much of it I've seen already

I think im gonna designate my online video watching to my cardio and nothing else...this was a great idea.. I just have to find a way to get around the local gym wifi. They allow you on but I couldn't stream HBO go

I think im gonna designate my online video watching to my cardio and nothing else...this was a great idea.. I just have to find a way to get around the local gym wifi. They allow you on but I couldn't stream HBO go

Yeah, it really makes cardio go by faster and I tend to stay on longer. Been good for the waistline, lol.. I'm going through X-files now so a lot of time I'll just do 45 minutes to watch the whole episode rather then 30 min I'd normally do.

I picked up a nice pair of bose stereo headphones and the picture is HD, not sure I'd watch something like avatar on it for the first time, but it does nicely for most of the stuff on TV.

re: WIFI, if on phone  screen size is small enough to stream over 3g w/no buffering. Not sure if you have unlimited data, I don't even bother with WIFI and never have issues

Yeah, it really makes cardio go by faster and I tend to stay on longer. Been good for the waistline, lol.. I'm going through X-files now so a lot of time I'll just do 45 minutes to watch the whole episode rather then 30 min I'd normally do.

I picked up a nice pair of bose stereo headphones and the picture is HD, not sure I'd watch something like avatar on it for the first time, but it does nicely for most of the stuff on TV.

re: WIFI, if on phone screen size is small enough to stream over 3g w/no buffering. Not sure if you have unlimited data, I don't even bother with WIFI and never have issues

You're right... It ran perfectly on lte today. I think I'm going to get the max data plan. I have verizon 4 gig, but my new company has a 25% discount so I may flip the savings into the max data if I see it start getting close. Otherwise I barely use data cause I get so much of my data on wifi

I'd like to have a place where we can discuss TV shows as they air- including 'spoilers'. This thread seems like a good place.

GoT: Fantastic plot driven episode. It really started setting up the dramatic plot lines that feel like they're coming on. Killing the freed slave for his murder of a man awaiting a trial was a bad idea from the start, and Daenerys' lack of leadership/inability to assess a macro situation is really on display here. It'll be interesting to see what Tyrion and Varys make of her (besides obviously falling in love with her beauty and compassionate liberal ruling agenda) after this incident. 

Jon Snow turning down Jon Stark and becoming Lord Commander of the Night's Watch was an interesting turn. I've always held to the belief that Jon or Arya would somehow eventually end up in the iron chair at King's Landing, so I'm not sure where this is going,

Arya's still a badass, and I love all of her storylines- latest one included. I'm eager to see what Jaqen H'ghar and the House of Black and White are all about.

There's a bunch more, but I only watched the episode once late last night and have been at work all day, so I'll probably find more interesting stuff after I rewatch it tonight. 

Must be some intense cardio.

ha..  I sit on my ass all day at work/commute, which is often long days. So I like to do mellow cardio at the 65-75% HR for longer duration during lunch break just to move my body a bit

When I am more actively trying to lose weight I do HIIT, of course I don't watch then, but I usually only do 12 min spurts of that anyway.

I'm more interested in lifting then cardio

ha..  I sit on my ass all day at work/commute, which is often long days. So I like to do mellow cardio at the 65-75% HR for longer duration during lunch break just to move my body a bit

When I am more actively trying to lose weight I do HIIT, of course I don't watch then, but I usually only do 12 min spurts of that anyway.

I'm more interested in lifting then cardio

Just busting balls. Glad to hear your fat ass is getting back into shape. Let me know if I can be of any help with the lifting.

Just busting balls. Glad to hear your fat ass is getting back into shape. Let me know if I can be of any help with the lifting.

Yeah I know, but it was a good point ..    Actually I do have a question, been lifting on/off for 20+ years, did 2 courses of P90X as well as few years back.. Now I'm thinking of trying CrossFit, any experience with it?  I liked P90X but felt like the improvement i made in flexibility and endurance were outweighed but loss of strength. I tend to focus on strength

Yeah I know, but it was a good point ..    Actually I do have a question, been lifting on/off for 20+ years, did 2 courses of P90X as well as few years back.. Now I'm thinking of trying CrossFit, any experience with it?  I liked P90X but felt like the improvement i made in flexibility and endurance were outweighed but loss of strength. I tend to focus on strength

Wrong guy to ask. I am not a fan of CrossFit. I'm a safety first at all times guy in the gym, and I don't think that compound movements are meant to be volume exercises like a lot of places unfortunately seem to teach. I think whatever gets people into shape or fitness is great, but there's a high risk of injury that they don't seem to care about which power lifters and bodybuilders have been screaming about for years. A lot of this probably has to do with the place you go or coach you use, but from what I have observed the industry has grown to such a degree that this is increasingly hard to find.

I'll also say this. I had a buddy drag me to a competition a year back and I have never seen such blatant steroid abuse in my life. Not even in bodybuilding. People were so open about it and it was fairly obvious that the reason none of these guys competed in real lifting competitions is because they test at those.

When it comes to building strength, I just don't think there will ever be a substitute for good form, chalk, a power rack, and lots of food.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is old and I don't know if they are streaming it anywhere, but the old Wiseguy with Ken Wahl from the Wanderers was pretty ******* awesome. My Mom and I always liked how he took everybody's watch. It's where Kevin Spacey came from.  Joan Severance, Ray Sharkey, Tim Curry.  It's why we call Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul McPike. They tried to keep it alive an extra season with Pacino's mook partner from Scarface, Stephen Bauer, but it's best we just forget those. 

BONUS: He had a plum crazy 6-pack Challenger and worked on the carbs in the kitchen.  Just like the car Matthew Sweet drives.

Holy **** a wanderer's reference...nice.  I think I have that on DVD somewhere.

• Upvote 1

It is old and I don't know if they are streaming it anywhere, but the old Wiseguy with Ken Wahl from the Wanderers was pretty ******* awesome. My Mom and I always liked how he took everybody's watch. It's where Kevin Spacey came from.  Joan Severance, Ray Sharkey, Tim Curry.  It's why we call Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul McPike. They tried to keep it alive an extra season with Pacino's mook partner from Scarface, Stephen Bauer, but it's best we just forget those. 

BONUS: He had a plum crazy 6-pack Challenger and worked on the carbs in the kitchen.  Just like the car Matthew Sweet drives.

Without a shred of exaggeration, Bauer is in the top five of the worst actors ever to be put on film or video.  And the most slap-able.  What a complete douche.

Holy **** a wanderer's reference...nice.  I think I have that on DVD somewhere.

Don't **** with the Wongs

Without a shred of exaggeration, Bauer is in the top five of the worst actors ever to be put on film or video#  And the most slap-able#  What a complete douche#

Only scene of his I have a positive memory of:

• Upvote 2

Without a shred of exaggeration, Bauer is in the top five of the worst actors ever to be put on film or video. And the most slap-able. What a complete douche.

Yeah but his character in Scarface had a good tip on how to pick up American women.

• Upvote 1

Just heard a radio promo and almost crashed the car. Did you people know that 2 Broke Girls is still on TV?

2 Broke Girls = Beth Behrs, New Girl = Hannah Simone,  Mindy Project = Mindy Kaling

Mindy Project gets cancelled.

Moral of the story - get a hot chick on your show.

• Upvote 3

Wrong guy to ask. I am not a fan of CrossFit. I'm a safety first at all times guy in the gym, and I don't think that compound movements are meant to be volume exercises like a lot of places unfortunately seem to teach. I think whatever gets people into shape or fitness is great, but there's a high risk of injury that they don't seem to care about which power lifters and bodybuilders have been screaming about for years. A lot of this probably has to do with the place you go or coach you use, but from what I have observed the industry has grown to such a degree that this is increasingly hard to find.

I'll also say this. I had a buddy drag me to a competition a year back and I have never seen such blatant steroid abuse in my life. Not even in bodybuilding. People were so open about it and it was fairly obvious that the reason none of these guys competed in real lifting competitions is because they test at those.

When it comes to building strength, I just don't think there will ever be a substitute for good form, chalk, a power rack, and lots of food.

My love for all things lifting and the iron came from crossfit in a sense. I'll keep it brief but basically I was like this crossfit sh*t seems a bit insane let me read, got educated on the matter and actually do programming/training people as a part time job. From 50 year old women to people who want to do crossfit competitively.

As someone who is still involved in the crossfit world I'll say this: it's ******* retarded. There's so much wrong with the base thought process i could go ******* NOVELA mode. It's exploded and you can get tons of irresponsible people to run local gyms and put out absolute sh*t programming. For example a local gym in NJ stopped posting their workouts online publicly because they were getting so much hate publicly. Guess what? People still join and go to that gym. 

RJF said it pretty simply. Some weights, a rack, and how you eat is going to get you what you want. If you want some help or whatever shoot me a PM, I can point you to some good websites or resources to read. OR let's carry this over to the other workout thread and I'll post kind of what I do. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds to me like you are the perfect guy to ask.  Solid answer.  Crossfit is just another fad for young folks to age their bodies quicker.  Olympic lifts and multi joint movement never meant to be cardio.  If you can't do it perfect, then don't do it.  Both my sons spent a few weeks practicing before we started loading weight on them.  Now they are both very good at it.  Because they learned the right way.

Sounds to me like you are the perfect guy to ask.  Solid answer.  Crossfit is just another fad for young folks to age their bodies quicker.  Olympic lifts and multi joint movement never meant to be cardio.  If you can't do it perfect, then don't do it.  Both my sons spent a few weeks practicing before we started loading weight on them.  Now they are both very good at it.  Because they learned the right way.

I'm not so sure it's a fad. It's been around a really long time now, and it's still huge, so it looks like it is here to stay. From my observations it just looks like there are a LOT of trainers out there who don't know what they're doing, putting their clients at risk and giving their clients the expectation of getting into strength competitions within a few months of entering a facility. You would never find either mentality in a powerlifting gym.

Plus, let's be honest, those pullups are legitimately ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

I'm not so sure it's a fad. It's been around a really long time now, and it's still huge, so it looks like it is here to stay. From my observations it just looks like there are a LOT of trainers out there who don't know what they're doing, putting their clients at risk and giving their clients the expectation of getting into strength competitions within a few months of entering a facility. You would never find either mentality in a powerlifting gym.

Plus, let's be honest, those pullups are legitimately ridiculous.

Like the power ups on the rings?  Look like something from the circus-olay.