TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm laboring through High Castle S2, it's really a shame that the secondary actors - like the chief inspector, trade minister and Smith - are so ******* great in their parts, while the primary actors - Frank, Julianna, Joe Blake - all are mellowdramawful.

I like the idea of them dying off sooner, rather than later. Hand the shows direction to those carrying their parts better.

Even bringing in a great actor like Stephen Root to play The Man didn't help. The power of the movies absent anything more forceful is pointless. Apparently between S1 and S2 there was a shakeup in the show runners over the direction of the show. After 2 episodes of S2 stopped watching. 

On 2/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, southparkcpa said:

The Americans was awesome. Its on AMAZON streaming BTW.  Bosch was good, Sneaky Pete was good, watching Goliath right now. so far..so good.

What is "The Patriot"  and where is it?

Patriot is on Amazon and is premiering tonight, after the pilot was released a year or two ago similarly to Sneaky Pete. It's basically a comedy spoof and I actually enjoyed the pilot more than the Sneaky Pete pilot. 

I liked Goliath, Sneaky Pete, and Bosch pretty much equally.

21 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Homeland is good again. Really good this season. 

Ruppert Friend is carrying the show.  The episode with the swat team on his ass in Carrie's Manhattan apartment was great.   Without Quinn, this show is nothing more than a butt-fumble.  Clare Danes has become the most unlikable, non-charismatic protagonist of all time.  She's a terrible parent, she gets everyone killed and doesn't even acknowledge it.  She is the reason why Quinn is nearly a vegetable.  She is utterly despicable. She got the kid killed earlier just as she has done in prior seasons.  Why would anyone like her?  Sorry, but without charismatic characters other than Quinn, the show sucks.  Mandy Patankin is utterly boring.  F. Murray Abraham is interesting.  But the most preposterous and unrealistic plot line is that the President elect would put her faith in the psychotic Carrie, ex-mental patient for advice.  Just plain stupid. Trust me, I loved the first 2 seasons of this show.  It has been a painful descent ever since.  

I'll watch this season but I don't have high hopes mainly because the lead character is beyond flawed.  She is just a bad person.

Watching "Six" mostly because Walton Goggins other than Tom Hardy is the most versatile actor there is. Takes marginal run of the mill stuff here and weaves into compelling TV. If you watch this and "Vice Principals" or his Venus turn on SOA(the oddest and funniest comedy cameo in the midst of a criminal biker drama  that featured another good one in David Hasselhoff ) , hard to believe it's the same guy. 

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

hard to believe it's the same guy. 

Speaking of not realizing it is the same guy...

Watching Mad Dogs and my wife asks me about the guy playing the legat.  I tell her he is the captain from Monk.  I have been seeing him on stuff like Bill Primm  on Ray Donovan for ages and he always seemed familiar.  Her immediate response is "it puts lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."  Never even realized it was the same guy from Silence of the Lambs, though that is probably more my failure in observation than anything else. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2017 at 9:07 PM, HessStation said:

Vanessa Ives is the single greatest character on television today. 

Penny Dreadful is one of the best things I've watched. She is outstanding. The chick that plays the head Witch is the sister from Peaky Blinders. She is outstanding as well. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Just finished Stranger Things.

I LIKED that show a lot.  Total 80's feel, good show, well cast.  Netflix does a lot of good shows

Cant wait for season 2.  I dont know how you follow that up...but I'm excited to find out.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Penny Dreadful is one of the best things I've watched. She is outstanding. The chick that plays the head Witch is the sister from Peaky Blinders. She is outstanding as well. 

S2 is even better than S1. The flashback to the cut wives cabin was beyond good. So many incredible WTF scenes through the whole season. Amazing show. 

19 hours ago, jetophile said:

Image result for bates motel season 5

No love for 'Bates Motel'?  What the frig.  I kind of fell out of it Season 3, but got all caught up a few months ago.  Season 5 is rip-roaring fun. 

Yeah, I was on that from the get go. S1 was great and I was hooked.

Poeple who weren't familiar with Hitchcock's 'Psycho' didn't appreciate it as much, I think

Love Vera Farmiga  :wub:

56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who are these people? I only watched part of one episode, but it seemed really good.

Some sick bastages lol. Yet you feel a lot of compassion for them, I did anyway, especially in the earlier seasons. There's an element of black/dark comedy also.

Gotta admit tho. My view might be slanted because of Vera. I already liked her a lot before the show started

On March 18, 2017 at 0:38 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm gonna rescind this. I stuck it out for a few episodes and it actually picks up after a while. Good tie-ins to the previous series too.

While it wasn't the best od thr marvel series I enjoyed. I did find some of the pacing horrid as the reviews said, but it wasn't as bad as the reviews made it out to be, IMO 

3 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

While it wasn't the best od thr marvel series I enjoyed. I did find some of the pacing horrid as the reviews said, but it wasn't as bad as the reviews made it out to be, IMO 

It really went off a cliff the last few episodes too. They could have made all of those 13 episodes into like just one 3 episode arc, do another 3-4 in Kunlun, and then bring The Defenders in for the last 3-4. Claire not calling any of them even once was absolutely preposterous. It just seems like this is the one character that they could have gone way out in left field with and instead they made it the most conservative of all the shows.

Also Finn Jones was a terrible choice. He is a painfully sh*tty actor.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It really went off a cliff the last few episodes too. They could have made all of those 13 episodes into like just one 3 episode arc, do another 3-4 in Kunlun, and then bring The Defenders in for the last 3-4. Claire not calling any of them even once was absolutely preposterous. It just seems like this is the one character that they could have gone way out in left field with and instead they made it the most conservative of all the shows.

Also Finn Jones was a terrible choice. He is a painfully sh*tty actor.

You're absolutely right. The first half thr season I was engaged, watching for every detail. After maybe episode 8, I found myself on the iPad, or phone, or not having a problem going to the other room without pausing because I didn't feel like they were really moving the plot forward, but rather rehashing the same shit with the company and who was running it

Just started watching 'Stranger Things'... I heard it was good, and I noticed it was rated TV-14, so I asked my daughters if they had heard of it. They sounded really excited about wanting to see it, wife and I had been looking for a new show to watch as well.

Really good, loving it so far. The best part about it though is having a show that the 4 of us can watch together.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Just started watching 'Stranger Things'... I heard it was good, and I noticed it was rated TV-14, so I asked my daughters if they had heard of it. They sounded really excited about wanting to see it, wife and I had been looking for a new show to watch as well.

Really good, loving it so far. The best part about it though is having a show that the 4 of us can watch together.

Watched it with my 13 year old.   He loved it.

20 hours ago, chirorob said:

Watched it with my 13 year old.   He loved it.

The girls are loving it...hell we all are. I need to find more shows like this; if anything to get them off their phones and laptops for awhile and just hang with the parents.

We're already halfway through and I wish there were more than 8 episodes, it looks like Season 2 starts in October.

• Upvote 1

I want to like the Iron Fist.  I'm really trying.   There are moment when you see the potential the show has and then you literally are scratching your head like WTF?  This make no sense and it's completely out of context and it's contradictory and just why?  But then there are moments when it's like, ok, here we go.  The tie ins are o.k.  

I'm only 5 in...but yeah, it's not very good. 

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

I want to like the Iron Fist.  I'm really trying.   There are moment when you see the potential the show has and then you literally are scratching your head like WTF?  This make no sense and it's completely out of context and it's contradictory and just why?  But then there are moments when it's like, ok, here we go.  The tie ins are o.k.  

I'm only 5 in...but yeah, it's not very good.

See, I'm 2 in, and I really like it.  It's not the action packed dynamo yet, but I think it's really building, and they are telling a good story about him trying to prove who he is.

5 hours ago, Fishooked said:

The girls are loving it...hell we all are. I need to find more shows like this; if anything to get them off their phones and laptops for awhile and just hang with the parents.

We're already halfway through and I wish there were more than 8 episodes, it looks like Season 2 starts in October.

Starts on Halloween I believe, and it will be 9 episodes.

Between shows like that, me making my kids watch awesome 80's stuff and  the music, my son totally wishes he grew up when I did.

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

See, I'm 2 in, and I really like it.  It's not the action packed dynamo yet, but I think it's really building, and they are telling a good story about him trying to prove who he is.

That part was good.  I like the intrigue behind who he was and convincing everyone etc and establishing the villain.  But then it starts to get very choppy.  Like even from one episode to the next.  I dont hate it, it's just not very good when you compare it to the others.