Jump to content

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This could totally make up for how terrible Iron Fist was...  

Breaking bad is just like Gilligan's earlier show X-Files in that people think they look smart and edgy if they talk about how much they love it.

Just finished the book last week.  Liked it.  Started the show this past weekend; watched the first two episodes.  There are some changes to the hotel AI (besides the obvious that I'm guessing they co

Posted Images

Narcos Mexico - I love these shows.  Mexico maybe wasnt as good as the original but that might be because I'm more familiar with the Escobar story as opposed to the Mexican cartel.  It was still really freaking good and the cliff hanger was awesome.  Looking forward to next season.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got all caught up on True Detective last night.  Wow.  After a disappointing season 2, this season is freaking awesome.

If anyone wants to tell me Mahershala Ali isnt the best actor in Hollywood right now, I will fight you.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JiF said:

Got all caught up on True Detective last night.  Wow.  After a disappointing season 2, this season is freaking awesome.

If anyone wants to tell me Mahershala Ali isnt the best actor in Hollywood right now, I will fight you.

 

im three episodes in. he is killing it. gotta search out some more of his stuff

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JiF said:

Got all caught up on True Detective last night.  Wow.  After a disappointing season 2, this season is freaking awesome.

If anyone wants to tell me Mahershala Ali isnt the best actor in Hollywood right now, I will fight you.

 

Yeah he really is good. He was also very good in House of Cards.

BTW Stephen Dorff also does a great job in True 3

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

im three episodes in. he is killing it. gotta search out some more of his stuff

 

39 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Yeah he really is good. He was also very good in House of Cards.

BTW Stephen Dorff also does a great job in True 3

He's great in everything.  He was amazing in Moonlight and Green Book.   I even loved him in the 1st season of Luke Cage.

But this show, whoa.  He's absolutely killing it.  So freaking good.  I feel his emotions in every single stage of his life he portrays.  Just incredible performance thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rillo said:

I guess it was my expectations, but the finale of True detective was underwhelming. It wasn't a bad season, but I was expecting something more sinister. Ah well. 

Same exact feeling.  I loved the show.  I thought it was fantastic, just a bit of a let down the way the brought it to a close.

I mean, I get it.  This case was their life and it brought together all their most important relationships of his life; partner, wife, kids, etc.  And the mystery of what happened haunted him and the thought that it actually all ended as well as it could after such a terrible childhood for the girl was cool but definitely a bit anticlimactic.  However, you have to give the writers credit.  The detectives didnt ever really get the closure they were looking for and they shared that well with the audience.

I didnt hate the ending, just felt like it could have had a little bit more of a wow factor to it the way they set up the cliff hanger from the last episode. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 8:53 AM, Untouchable said:

Finished Punisher Season 2 last night and really liked it for the most part. More action packed than the first season. The last 15 seconds is the most “Punisher” Frank Castle has ever looked on screen and a direct homage to the first War Zone cover. Shame there probably won’t be a Season 3 with him truly embracing being the Punisher.

marvel-comics-punisher-war-zone-vol-1-is

 

Just finished it - I screamed at the TV "F*CKIN' AY - THAT'S THE PUNISHER!!!"  Also the way he finishes Russo off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, peebag said:

Anyone start watching "Umbrella Academy"?  The first episode was ok - not sure I want to invest in it or not.

Watched first three.  My wife likes it.  I don't.  

I find it a meandering mess taking too much time to get up on some sort of story.  It's all character development and I don't really like the characters or find them interesting enough to continue with the series.  4/10

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rillo said:

I tried, but never got into it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Me too.  Guess it was too complicated to get into it after it had been on for so many years.

I just went online and found all the scenes with a nude Emilia Clarke who I find very attractive.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Barry is fantastic. Late to the party, but binged it quick.

Umbrella Academy sucks except for the kid, the one who time hops. Kid has definite screen presence.

Checking out Love Desth Robots this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, JiF said:

Got all caught up on True Detective last night.  Wow.  After a disappointing season 2, this season is freaking awesome.

If anyone wants to tell me Mahershala Ali isnt the best actor in Hollywood right now, I will fight you.

 

Absolutely. Another guy absolutely killing it, who has gotten the Brad Pitt treatment for being too good looking, but Chris Pine. Was good in that Denzel train movie. Great in Hell or High Water. And flat out phenomenal in I am the Night. The latter was an okay series, but he was worth watching alone. Dude was great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Absolutely. Another guy absolutely killing it, who has gotten the Brad Pitt treatment for being too good looking, but Chris Pine. Was good in that Denzel train movie. Great in Hell or High Water. And flat out phenomenal in I am the Night. The latter was an okay series, but he was worth watching alone. Dude was great.

Don't forget about his riveting performance in This Means War.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't forget about his riveting performance in This Means War.

I'll make sure to add that to the queue, right behind rewatching the grudge and anything new with adam sandler. Not for nothing, but how did that movie nab Pine and Hardy? Studio had prime Reese doling out hand jibbers for better casting.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I'll make sure to add that to the queue, right behind rewatching the grudge and anything new with adam sandler. Not for nothing, but how did that movie nab Pine and Hardy? Studio had prime Reese doling out hand jibbers for better casting.

You'd think it would have been great considering McG made it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watch that "What we do in the Shadows" movie? I watched a few minutes of it, laughed, and decided to record for later....apparently they're making it a TV show set in Staten Island. Doesn't look as funny as what I've seen of the origin NZ production, but worth a watch.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Anyone watch that "What we do in the Shadows" movie? I watched a few minutes of it, laughed, and decided to record for later....apparently they're making it a TV show set in Staten Island. Doesn't look as funny as what I've seen of the origin NZ production, but worth a watch.

 

 

 

Matt Berry is a comedic genius - he's what makes the show.  If you're curious, try "Toast of London"

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm actively shunning any and all GoT S8 promos/trailers/pics, but am starting to get excited for this.

I'm the total opposite, I love reading all the wild theories.

I was talking about this the other day; has there ever been a more anticipated season finale than this show?  I cant think of one and rightfully so, the whole thing is just a total mind **** as to what is going to happen.  Cant think of a show that has so many ways it could go with absolutely no clue how it will go.

Yeah, I'm excited.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, JiF said:

I'm the total opposite, I love reading all the wild theories.

I was talking about this the other day; has there ever been a more anticipated season finale than this show?  I cant think of one and rightfully so, the whole thing is just a total mind **** as to what is going to happen.  Cant think of a show that has so many ways it could go with absolutely no clue how it will go.

Yeah, I'm excited.  

There's no way I'm going to catch up on all the episodes now in time for the premier, so my wife and I started watching ~30 minute youtube cutups of the best scenes and the most important scenes by season. We're on season 3 now. I'm also reading recaps and reviews of all of the episodes while at work and on my commute. I'm still staying away from all of the season 8 stuff, but I'm now officially hyped and getting more hyped with every new item I see or read. It's unbelievable how much awesome sh*t from earlier episodes I've already forgotten. This show has truly been special every single episode. It's kind of ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

There's no way I'm going to catch up on all the episodes now in time for the premier, so my wife and I started watching ~30 minute youtube cutups of the best scenes and the most important scenes by season. We're on season 3 now. I'm also reading recaps and reviews of all of the episodes while at work and on my commute. I'm still staying away from all of the season 8 stuff, but I'm now officially hyped and getting more hyped with every new item I see or read. It's unbelievable how much awesome sh*t from earlier episodes I've already forgotten. This show has truly been special every single episode. It's kind of ridiculous.

Wont lie, I binged the entire show in prep!  haha  I didnt do like every minute, I'd blow through the boring stuff that doesnt really have anything to do with what is still going on.  Like anything in Dorne, didnt watch it, etc.  Just watched interactions of the remaining cast, etc.  Crazy how many interactions you forget about early in the show.  Like Tyrian and Snow going to the Wall together.  I totally forgot that happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...