TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

On 12/24/2019 at 7:14 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Finished Mr Robot with the finale last night. I thought it was great, while the wife (admittedly, not a fan of sci-fi) did not.

While not giving anything away here, it vacillated between what I thought was genius story-telling, countered by cliches of "I knew that was where they were going" that so many finales seem to devolve to.

Overall, I thought the final season was excellent. It was a rollercoaster ride of trying to figure out what was happening, then once you think you have it nailed where they are going, there are twists and turns that lead you down a totally different hallway.

One of my favorite shows of all time 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Honestly, not too high on Mr. Robot. Stopped watching midway through season 2. The character just got ridiculously annoying. I'm all for weird, mentally ill characters, but the whole show was just way too crazy. With that said, that was almost 4 years ago, so perhaps my tastes have changed. Maybe I'll give it a re-watch.

Anyways, anyone watch wacky shows like Sick Note or Future Man? Enjoy those a lot. Same with Dirk Gently. Honestly, Elijah Wood is quickly starting to become one of my favorite actors, even though he bored the hell out of me in LoTR. Wilfred was ******* brilliant, as is Dirk Gently. 

Hell, I'd like to see him somewhere in the new Hitchhiker's Guide TV series. He seems a perfect fit for any Douglas Adams/Terry Pratchett universe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 8:12 PM, HessStation said:

Locke and Key is fun. The Outsider is legit. 

I caught the final episode of The Outsider when it aired, and holy sh*t. From start to finish I don't think a single second of this show was wasteful. It kind of had everything I like... broken, flawed and complex character exploration, symbolism, oddities, dialogue, philosophy (belief systems), and realistic action... I just can't say enough good things about it.

I will say, however, I'm a bit disturbed by how much of Stephen King's content is about harming children. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Started The Expanse around a month ago. About halfway through Season 3 at this point.

Holy sh*t what a great show

I’m thinking I should start to pace myself more so I don’t have to wait damn near a year for Season 5.

Had not heard of the show.  Just viewed the first season's trailer.  Looks great.  Thanks for the recommendation.

19 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Started The Expanse around a month ago. About halfway through Season 3 at this point.

Holy sh*t what a great show

I’m thinking I should start to pace myself more so I don’t have to wait damn near a year for Season 5.

I've only been screaming about The Expanse IN THIS THREAD for 3+ years. Sheesh  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've only been screaming about The Expanse IN THIS THREAD for 3+ years. Sheesh  

I remember thinking it looked interesting when they were advertising the 1st season 4-5 years ago but I just wrote it off because SyFy has produced nothing but D level garbage in the past.

But I’ve been hooked on it ever since I started

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I remember thinking it looked interesting when they were advertising the 1st season 4-5 years ago but I just wrote it off because SyFy has produced nothing but D level garbage in the past.

But I’ve been hooked on it ever since I started

It's getting better by the season. Very rare for TV. So much to like about the show. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ok so my job and family situation means I am usually very late to catch up on adult content TV and movies 

hey guys 

that breaking bad show is awesome!!!!

Right?  Just one of the best TV shows ever.  And wait until you get to Better Call Saul, which is an off-shoot of Breaking Bad.  Fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Banshee  ... Holy F*cking $h*t ... best series I never knew about and just started watching!

Best fight scenes since Reservoir Dogs / Pulp Fiction

Hot naked chicks getting hardcore banged silly every episode?

what else good a guy want?

• Upvote 2

Decent list. 

+5 Extra Points for Hannibal. Thought I was the only die hard fan around. Having grow up reading Harris, and Hannibal being an old friend, I think MM is the best of them. Brian Cox was a close second as "Lektor" in Manhunter. Hopkins was meh imo.

Unfortunately,  -1,000 for lack of Expanse. Or any other good Sci Fi (Battlestar Galactica? Stargate? Mandalorian?)

Sorry. 

LOL, stay safe Tony

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Decent list. 

+5 Extra Points for Hannibal. Thought I was the only die hard fan around. Having grow up reading Harris, and Hannibal being an old friend, I think MM is the best of them. Brian Cox was a close second as "Lektor" in Manhunter. Hopkins was meh imo.

Unfortunately,  -1,000 for lack of Expanse. Or any other good Sci Fi (Battlestar Galactica? Stargate? Mandalorian?)

Sorry. 

LOL, stay safe Tony

Expanse + BSG are great. You've got good taste.

Liked the first episode of the third season of Westworld.

Peaky Blinders is great too. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Expanse + BSG are great. You've got good taste.

Liked the first episode of the third season of Westworld.

Peaky Blinders is great too. 

I couldn't get into Westworld. Didnt hear good things about season 2. 

I HAVE heard that Peaky Blinders was good. Have to check it out.....

Oh, @Tony The Wiz No "The Boys"? Bro.... don't let "genre" types keep you away from great TV. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I couldn't get into Westworld. Didnt hear good things about season 2. 

I HAVE heard that Peaky Blinders was good. Have to check it out.....and and @Tony The Wiz The Boys? Bro....

THE BOYS another good one. Peaky Blinders is good. I didn't like s2 of Westworld either tbh, but 3 started out well... and we all got a lot of time on our hands these days.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

not sure if it was listed but:

Ozarks is really good

Mandolarian is good, not great.

The Punisher

Jessica Jones.

Jack Ryan isn't that bad.

Glad to see Better Call Saul, The Wire on the list.

Braodchurch was okay but it's hard to understand people who talk with marbles in their mouths.

10 hours ago, rangerous said:

not sure if it was listed but:

Ozarks is really good

Mandolarian is good, not great.

The Punisher

Jessica Jones.

Jack Ryan isn't that bad.

Glad to see Better Call Saul, The Wire on the list.

Braodchurch was okay but it's hard to understand people who talk with marbles in their mouths.

Ozarks was way to much of a Breaking Bad copy but yes The Punisher was excellent.  That was right there with my top 50 series.  I am now watching a series on Netflix called The Iron Fist which has a Punisher feel.  You need to check it out. 

I finished the Star Trek original series 3 weeks ago. For super cheesy sci fi they really did soooooooo many things first. 

into season 2 of breaking bad, wow what an amazing show. 

going to try to start the Witcher too 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

just started mad men makes me want to drink 

One of the greatest series of all time with top level writing and acting.  John Hamm is incredible as Don Draper.  My favorite story arc is when he has an extended trip in California.  You've got a ways to go before then.  Enjoy the ride.