greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

On 12/24/2019 at 7:14 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Finished Mr Robot with the finale last night. I thought it was great, while the wife (admittedly, not a fan of sci-fi) did not.

While not giving anything away here, it vacillated between what I thought was genius story-telling, countered by cliches of "I knew that was where they were going" that so many finales seem to devolve to.

Overall, I thought the final season was excellent. It was a rollercoaster ride of trying to figure out what was happening, then once you think you have it nailed where they are going, there are twists and turns that lead you down a totally different hallway.

One of my favorite shows of all time 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Honestly, not too high on Mr. Robot. Stopped watching midway through season 2. The character just got ridiculously annoying. I'm all for weird, mentally ill characters, but the whole show was just way too crazy. With that said, that was almost 4 years ago, so perhaps my tastes have changed. Maybe I'll give it a re-watch.

Anyways, anyone watch wacky shows like Sick Note or Future Man? Enjoy those a lot. Same with Dirk Gently. Honestly, Elijah Wood is quickly starting to become one of my favorite actors, even though he bored the hell out of me in LoTR. Wilfred was ******* brilliant, as is Dirk Gently. 

Hell, I'd like to see him somewhere in the new Hitchhiker's Guide TV series. He seems a perfect fit for any Douglas Adams/Terry Pratchett universe.

I was a huge fan of The Night Of a few years back, and a few minutes into The Outsider I couldn’t help but think how much it reminded me of The Night Of. Turns out Richard Price worked on this one too. Talk about a distinctive style.

• Upvote 1

wow.  last night's episode of the New Pope was one of the best episodes of any show I have watched.  Very emotional.  Great show.  1st season was outstanding and this season (almost over) is really good as well.  Jude Law is great.

New season of Better Call Saul has started out as you would expect: awesome.  That show never disappoints.  Phenomenal characters and actors.

Am also five episodes into Hunters with Al Pacino.   It's a mess if not somewhat entertaining.  Clearly, the show's creators are fans of Tarantino.  

• Upvote 3

A couple of Canadian tv shows of the past with short runs that are worth (at least i found them amusing) a look if you can find them on dvd or netflix or one of those things.

41BtfOsy5RL.jpg

51XV5652DJL._SY445_.jpg

On 2/26/2020 at 8:12 PM, HessStation said:

Locke and Key is fun. The Outsider is legit. 

I caught the final episode of The Outsider when it aired, and holy sh*t. From start to finish I don't think a single second of this show was wasteful. It kind of had everything I like... broken, flawed and complex character exploration, symbolism, oddities, dialogue, philosophy (belief systems), and realistic action... I just can't say enough good things about it.

I will say, however, I'm a bit disturbed by how much of Stephen King's content is about harming children. 

• Upvote 2

Started The Expanse around a month ago. About halfway through Season 3 at this point.

Holy sh*t what a great show

I’m thinking I should start to pace myself more so I don’t have to wait damn near a year for Season 5.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Started The Expanse around a month ago. About halfway through Season 3 at this point.

I’m thinking I should start to pace myself more so I don’t have to wait damn near a year for Season 5.

Had not heard of the show.  Just viewed the first season's trailer.  Looks great.  Thanks for the recommendation.

19 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I've only been screaming about The Expanse IN THIS THREAD for 3+ years. Sheesh  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've only been screaming about The Expanse IN THIS THREAD for 3+ years. Sheesh  

I remember thinking it looked interesting when they were advertising the 1st season 4-5 years ago but I just wrote it off because SyFy has produced nothing but D level garbage in the past.

But I’ve been hooked on it ever since I started

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I remember thinking it looked interesting when they were advertising the 1st season 4-5 years ago but I just wrote it off because SyFy has produced nothing but D level garbage in the past.

But I’ve been hooked on it ever since I started

It's getting better by the season. Very rare for TV. So much to like about the show. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's getting better by the season. Very rare for TV. So much to like about the show. 

Agreed

Honestly thinking about starting the novels now

Ok so my job and family situation means I am usually very late to catch up on adult content TV and movies 

hey guys 

that breaking bad show is awesome!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ok so my job and family situation means I am usually very late to catch up on adult content TV and movies 

hey guys 

that breaking bad show is awesome!!!!

Right?  Just one of the best TV shows ever.  And wait until you get to Better Call Saul, which is an off-shoot of Breaking Bad.  Fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Tiger King sucked me in like no other docuseries in a long time. 

Hey all you cool cats and kittens.

• Haha 1

Finished the first two seasons of Ozark this week....really looking forward to season three starting tonight.

@RutgersJetFan, I think I might be the only person in the country who does not like Tiger King.  I just can't get into it, even after episode 3 which everyone says is when it gets really good.

14 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Finished the first two seasons of Ozark this week....really looking forward to season three starting tonight.

@RutgersJetFan, I think I might be the only person in the country who does not like Tiger King.  I just can't get into it, even after episode 3 which everyone says is when it gets really good.

My daughter and her husband really like Ozark.  I couldn't get past the first half of the first season but I didn't give it a fair chance.

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2020 at 2:29 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Tiger King was wild that's for sure. A story that you just cant make up. What makes it so great is that there's no "good guy". Everyones an a$$hole. 

Screenshot_20200328-002339.thumb.png.41aac20758b975e2c9a7b6d3eb7c2fc5.png

• Haha 2

On 1/28/2020 at 4:11 PM, PCP63 said:

Honestly, not too high on Mr. Robot. Stopped watching midway through season 2. The character just got ridiculously annoying. I'm all for weird, mentally ill characters, but the whole show was just way too crazy. With that said, that was almost 4 years ago, so perhaps my tastes have changed. Maybe I'll give it a re-watch.

Season 2 put a lot of people off but it's worth it for what comes after. I wasn't a huge fan of the ending but the last season has some of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.

Westworld suffered the seem problem. Season 2 was a train wreck and a lot of people gave up on it. The latest episode was superb though and it looks to be back in form.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:08 PM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Tiger King was wild that's for sure. A story that you just cant make up. What makes it so great is that there's no "good guy". Everyones an a$$hole. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=87c0bc48e7eb0625Screenshot_20200328-002339.thumb.png.41aac20758b975e2c9a7b6d3eb7c2fc5.png

Wheres the Sardine oil?

I'm officially done with Westworld. I thought the first episode of this season was a nice change and then it was just back to the same old sh*t. I don't care anymore. I can't believe they took this amazing of an idea and made it this boring. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Holy sh*t is Ozark good.  Just keeps getting better and better.  Really one of the more compelling series I've ever watched.  Cant wait to see where it goes from here.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, JiF said:

Holy sh*t is Ozark good.  Just keeps getting better and better.  Really one of the more compelling series I've ever watched.  Cant wait to see where it goes from here.

ok... you've convinced me to try again.  I couldn't get past the first 3-4 episodes of season 1, but my daughter and her husband  rave about it.  Will give another try.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

ok... you've convinced me to try again.  I couldn't get past the first 3-4 episodes of season 1, but my daughter and her husband  rave about it.  Will give another try.

No sh*t?  I was hooked from go street on that show.  It gets better and better IMO.  That last season was epic.  The acting, the plot, the character development, the cliff hanger.  phew.  It left me raddled after the last episode.  

On 3/27/2020 at 2:29 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Puts new meaning to the phrase,” Stranger than fiction .” 

19 hours ago, JiF said:

I can only watch am episode every day or so. One of the rare shows that literally makes me anxious. So well done. 

Has anyone watched "The Outlander" show on Netflix?   It is a Starz show but the wife and I are watching it on Netflix.   Pretty good historical show on the Scottish Clans and the Battle of Colloden.   the Actress is hot and gets naked a lot if you are into that if that helps.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I can only watch am episode every day or so. One of the rare shows that literally makes me anxious. So well done. 

Dude, the last 15 minutes of that season finale was literally edge of the seat heart racing wtf is going to happen omg I cant take the suspense type of sh*t.  Very few shows have brought that type of anxiety.  BB, SoA, GoT.  That's good company right there.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Has anyone watched "The Outlander" show on Netflix?   It is a Starz show but the wife and I are watching it on Netflix.   Pretty good historical show on the Scottish Clans and the Battle of Colloden.   the Actress is hot and gets naked a lot if you are into that if that helps.   

My wife and her sisters are fanatical fans of the show.  Might have something to do with the male lead, who they all crush over.

I watched with her the first two seasons.  Thought it was okay.  Then got too dumb to keep my interest so I bailed.

You're right about the female lead, Clare, played by Caitriona Balfe.  She is totally hot (great legs) and seems to get nude/banged in almost every episode.

rs_634x783-150429112812-634.Emmy-Cover-O