Jump to content

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, JiF said:

Holy sh*t is Ozark good.  Just keeps getting better and better.  Really one of the more compelling series I've ever watched.  Cant wait to see where it goes from here.

 

 

I can only watch am episode every day or so. One of the rare shows that literally makes me anxious. So well done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssss!  

Finally got around to watching BB.  Am about 10 episodes away from the finale.  Just absolutely love the series.   Can't wait to now embark on Better Call Saul, who along with Mike, Gus, Jesse and Wal

It's almost time

Posted Images

Has anyone watched "The Outlander" show on Netflix?   It is a Starz show but the wife and I are watching it on Netflix.   Pretty good historical show on the Scottish Clans and the Battle of Colloden.   the Actress is hot and gets naked a lot if you are into that if that helps.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I can only watch am episode every day or so. One of the rare shows that literally makes me anxious. So well done. 

Dude, the last 15 minutes of that season finale was literally edge of the seat heart racing wtf is going to happen omg I cant take the suspense type of sh*t.  Very few shows have brought that type of anxiety.  BB, SoA, GoT.  That's good company right there.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Has anyone watched "The Outlander" show on Netflix?   It is a Starz show but the wife and I are watching it on Netflix.   Pretty good historical show on the Scottish Clans and the Battle of Colloden.   the Actress is hot and gets naked a lot if you are into that if that helps.   

My wife and her sisters are fanatical fans of the show.  Might have something to do with the male lead, who they all crush over.

I watched with her the first two seasons.  Thought it was okay.  Then got too dumb to keep my interest so I bailed.

You're right about the female lead, Clare, played by Caitriona Balfe.  She is totally hot (great legs) and seems to get nude/banged in almost every episode.

rs_634x783-150429112812-634.Emmy-Cover-O

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

My wife and her sisters are fanatical fans of the show.  Might have something to do with the male lead, who they all crush over.

I watched with her the first two seasons.  Thought it was okay.  Then got too dumb to keep my interest so I bailed.

You're right about the female lead, Clare, played by Caitriona Balfe.  She is totally hot (great legs) and seems to get nude/banged in almost every episode.

rs_634x783-150429112812-634.Emmy-Cover-O

 

Thanks for the heads up.  I am just at the end of season 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 2:21 PM, JiF said:

Holy sh*t is Ozark good.  Just keeps getting better and better.  Really one of the more compelling series I've ever watched.  Cant wait to see where it goes from here.

 

 

Ozark is fantastic. Never knew how different a redneck is from a hillbilly before this series.

And Ruth.... my fav wow what a gal!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Call Saul -  I think at this point I like this show even better than Breaking Bad.  They have Seasons 1-4 on Netflix and Season 5 is about to wrap up next week. 

What We Do In The Shadows - Season 2 starts tonight on FX.  Season 1 is on Hulu.  I liked the movie but IMO, the series is even better.  

Jack Ryan - I'm way late on this one but it was entertaining enough.  Kind of weird seeing Jim Halpert as a badass.

Letterkenny - Another one that I'm behind on.  It's pretty funny but I tend to fall asleep a lot while watching.  🤣

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, Alk said:

Better Call Saul -  I think at this point I like this show even better than Breaking Bad.  They have Seasons 1-4 on Netflix and Season 5 is about to wrap up next week. 

What We Do In The Shadows - Season 2 starts tonight on FX.  Season 1 is on Hulu.  I liked the movie but IMO, the series is even better.  

Jack Ryan - I'm way late on this one but it was entertaining enough.  Kind of weird seeing Jim Halpert as a badass.

Letterkenny - Another one that I'm behind on.  It's pretty funny but I tend to fall asleep a lot while watching.  🤣

Better Call Saul is the tops.

Is there a better pick on TV for a hot but wholesome female lead than Kim Wexler???

She drives me crazy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Better Call Saul is the tops.

Is there a better pick on TV for a hot but wholesome female lead than Kim Wexler???

She drives me crazy.

Lalo said as much about Wexler.  Gave Saul props for landing such a hottie.  

No one ever looked hotter in a classic woman's business suit. Love when Kim kicks off those shoes the second she gets home.  I would spend years figuring out new ways to get her (and me) off.

Switching gears:  My son had never seen Mad Men, which I think is either top 1-2 for best series ever.  We just started season two.  He's blown away by the show.  Probably wants to land as many chicks as Don Draper.  What a life that character has.  Insane.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 10:50 AM, Kleckineau said:

Better Call Saul is the tops.

Is there a better pick on TV for a hot but wholesome female lead than Kim Wexler???

She drives me crazy.

 

On 4/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, munchmemory said:

Lalo said as much about Wexler.  Gave Saul props for landing such a hottie.  

No one ever looked hotter in a classic woman's business suit. Love when Kim kicks off those shoes the second she gets home.  I would spend years figuring out new ways to get her (and me) off.

Switching gears:  My son had never seen Mad Men, which I think is either top 1-2 for best series ever.  We just started season two.  He's blown away by the show.  Probably wants to land as many chicks as Don Draper.  What a life that character has.  Insane.

 

 

What did you guys think of the season finale last night?  I won't go into spoilers.  I'll just say that I was a little disappointed.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alk said:

 

What did you guys think of the season finale last night?  I won't go into spoilers.  I'll just say that I was a little disappointed.  

Let you know tomorrow.  We always watch it the next day to speed through commercials.  Very tempting last night not to break this habit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Through the 3rd season of "The Sopranos". Remarkable that even with a strong cast of central characters and storylines, minor characters fill in the background with their story without slowing things down-the Parisi twin brothers, FBI agents on a stakeout perving on Adriana, George the Bing bartender, Vito Antafuermo (middleweight champ who once fought Marvin Hagler to a draw) as a cackling goon for Ralphie, Noah the douchebag boyfriend, the undertaker copying from "The Godfather" at Livia's funeral. Every episode there are bit players doing things like that. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 9:27 AM, Alk said:

 

What did you guys think of the season finale last night?  I won't go into spoilers.  I'll just say that I was a little disappointed.  

MILD SPOILERS

Geez, where do I start?  Think my son summed it up best when he said it was not only the worst episode of this season but of the entire series.  Maybe a touch too strong, but not far off the mark.  Like you, all of us were completely disappointed with the episode.

After watching Monday's show, I think Vince Gilligan missed the mark by not using last week's as the season finale.  Lalo drives away with Nacho, leaving Kim and Saul freaked out about what will happen next.  Gus is stewing over the "conflagration" and Mike is, well, Mike.

Monday's episode was, to borrow from Seinfeld, a show about nothing.  A bunch of disjointed scenes which have you asking why are they spending time on this?   Much more filler than content which would drive the story into next season.  We needed the public defender to literally show Kim around the basement with the pro bono boxes (seemed like they shot it in real time)?  Also lame story for Kim going forward on her "quest" related to Howard.  And does anyone really believe those hitmen were really the best Gus could find?  I could be more stealthy. BTW, not enough Gus and Mike's story.  

Anyway, I could go on but this is ponderous enough.  Even though I have totally enjoyed this season of BCS, I still believe the show, and story, should have ended with last season's finale when Saul says, "S'all good man".  Boom.  Perfect ending.

CleverUnawareBream-max-1mb.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

MILD SPOILERS

Geez, where do I start?  Think my son summed it up best when he said it was not only the worst episode of this season but of the entire series.  Maybe a touch too strong, but not far off the mark.  Like you, all of us were completely disappointed with the episode.

After watching Monday's show, I think Vince Gilligan missed the mark by not using last week's as the season finale.  Lalo drives away with Nacho, leaving Kim and Saul freaked out about what will happen next.  Gus is stewing over the "conflagration" and Mike is, well, Mike.

Monday's episode was, to borrow from Seinfeld, a show about nothing.  A bunch of disjointed scenes which have you asking why are they spending time on this?   Much more filler than content which would drive the story into next season.  We needed the public defender to literally show Kim around the basement with the pro bono boxes (seemed like they shot it in real time)?  Also lame story for Kim going forward on her "quest" related to Howard.  And does anyone really believe those hitmen were really the best Gus could find?  I could be more stealthy. BTW, not enough Gus and Mike's story.  

Anyway, I could go on but this is ponderous enough.  Even though I have totally enjoyed this season of BCS, I still believe the show, and story, should have ended with last season's finale when Saul says, "S'all good man".  Boom.  Perfect ending.

CleverUnawareBream-max-1mb.gif

 

 

 

You're not wrong.  I just watched that episode last night with my son.  He looked at me and said "That was probably one of the best episodes ever out of any show I have watched."  It really was that good. 

 

SPOILERS

 

That being said, this season has probably been the best one IMO...until the finale.  I didn't hate it as much as you did.  Seeing Jimmy and Kim role reverse was pretty crazy.  Lalo escaping the assassins although ludicrous, needed to happen.  Nacho is in some serious trouble now.  Next season should be awesome.  I have heard 13 episodes instead of 10.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alk said:

 

 

 

You're not wrong.  I just watched that episode last night with my son.  He looked at me and said "That was probably one of the best episodes ever out of any show I have watched."  It really was that good. 

 

SPOILERS

 

That being said, this season has probably been the best one IMO...until the finale.  I didn't hate it as much as you did.  Seeing Jimmy and Kim role reverse was pretty crazy.  Lalo escaping the assassins although ludicrous, needed to happen.  Nacho is in some serious trouble now.  Next season should be awesome.  I have heard 13 episodes instead of 10.  

I loved this season, too.  That's why the finale was so disappointing.  Like you, I'm expecting big things from Mr. Gilligan for the final season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

RE: The Saul finale

We liked the VERY end but he just used the night to set up the final season. Wasn't quite what a season finale should be otherwise. Gonna be sad when this is over

In other news ..

Anyone following Cosmos: Possible Worlds on Nat'l Geo? Superb series.

We're also following all of Ken Burn's The Roosevelts. Never saw it before, but we spend so much time at Springwood that is kinda like home. 

I love the way Burns does his presentation despite the fact that I thought that he sorely missed the point on two things I love, Jazz and Baseball. I would love to see him do a Football version.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking my son through the never-not-brilliant Mad Men series.  Just finished season 4 of 7 last night.  The acting and story lines are as fresh as when I first watched it.

And Matthew Weiner definitely created the consummate male fantasy epic.  Yeah, Don Draper is a brilliant creative mind in terms of advertising.  But all he pretty much does is drink booze and screw gorgeous women non-stop.  lol  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thor99 said:

It’s not Tiger King crazy, but check out McMillions. 

At first, I thought it was entertaining. But when you consider at the exact same time the FBI Minneapolis office had Zaccarias Mossauai and his laptop in custody for 3 full months with pretty much all the information, contacts and players of the 9/11 plot, it looks now like a ridiculous waste of federal government and law enforcement resources. Instead of looking at it, or getting a warrant to look at it, one agent...wrote a very long memo. And the jokey tone of the FBI agents,  when you consider that makes it much less entertaining. The man hours, court time and technology devoted to this should be a national embarrassment. 2 NYPD detectives could have wrapped this crap up in an afternoon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Expanse + BSG are great. You've got good taste.

Liked the first episode of the third season of Westworld.

Peaky Blinders is great too. 

westworld-ep.-5.thumb.jpg.a78b9dfe1ea4ea8aa7fd004183d78de2.jpg

 

Westworld Season 3 delivered!

Great season finale tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 12:37 AM, HighPitch said:

Just binged ozark. Awsome.

trying better call saul. Pretty good.

if you want sophmoric humor and a good laugh, eastbound and down is still the best!

 

On 4/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, Snell41 said:

Ozark, it’s incredible.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

On 4/29/2020 at 5:58 AM, Kleckineau said:

Watched final episode last night. The season was fantastic. Way better than previous 2 seasons and last nights finale was off the charts with laughs, suspense and plot twists. One of the best Netflix offerings ever.

As a CPA, having worked in all 5 boro's I have seen a lot of "cash" transactions. Especially in the 90's.  I LOVED season 1 when the rednecks robbed a duffle bag of cash and he said..  "I'm afraid of you? Im an accountant and I found you in an hour. They will peel your skin.  If you don't give me the money back, I need you to shoot me"  BUT the manner in which he explained to them how difficult it is to spend 100K in cash.  "You can't bring more than 10K any where. Bring 9K twice and they have to report you etc..   it was brilliant.

Once had a locksmith client, (I mean I heard it from a friend)  in NYC (Bronx) who broke his wrist trying to push all the cash in a floor safe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 7:53 AM, Thor99 said:

It’s not Tiger King crazy, but check out McMillions.  

Ha.  I saw you guys mention this, so I checked out the imdb.  First guy up is someone I consider a personal friend.  I hope he comes off okay.  As an agent, I know he was an accountant, more than an attorney or cop, unlike most.   Good guy, I think he is a Jags fan.  Guess I will have to check it out.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 10:25 AM, IndianaJet said:

My lockdown (Indianapolis) just got extended to April 30th.

It's time to restart GoT from the beginning..

I just watched Justified straight through fir the second time. Still sooo good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Glad you enjoyed but they went way too far off the reservation for me this season. 

I get that opinion.  It was out there.  But I thought it was much better than Season 2.  Probably too much story to build into one season.  It will take some time to digest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

westworld-ep.-5.thumb.jpg.a78b9dfe1ea4ea8aa7fd004183d78de2.jpg

 

Westworld Season 3 delivered!

Great season finale tonight.

I hear ya - it was always interesting and I looked forward to it each week, but I don't exactly feel the same way as I gather you do.

I really liked the 1st and 4th episodes - and whichever one that had Charlotte go full Terminator. 

But it felt rushed a little? And that finale, I wasn't crazy about. It felt like there was a lot of melodramatic long looks into the camera and there was some plot choices that bothered me. Idk, that show is immensely frustrating to me - it has some absolutely brilliant moments, a great cast and an always interesting backbone (humanity's relationship with AI) - but it seemingly doesn't deliver the way I think it should. 

Anyways, it was a welcome respite during 'the Rona' and I don't regret watching it. Will watch the next season whenever it drops. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...