TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

8 hours ago, peebag said:

psychotic episode - she did have a history of mental health issues.

Ya like i said when I posted that I didnt see the final episode but yea .......

makes sense, is consistent with all the evidence, there a history and it is the most simplest answer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssss!  

It's almost time

This could totally make up for how terrible Iron Fist was...  

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

WOW started a netflix 6 part doc last night called EVIL GENIUS its super good. Im sure after 25 minutes you will be hooked. crazy

We watched that ages ago.  It was okay, but I'm pretty sure by the end you won't be saying it was "super good." 

• 2 weeks later...

@IndianaJet @JetPotato Restarted Disney this weekend.  Just could not wait any longer to watch WandaVision.  

Watched every available episode.  Definitely lived up to the hype.  What a complex story.   Really anticipating this week's season ender.

My only quibble is that Kathryn Hahn (who I normally like) is too over the top as Agnes Harkness.  But Elizabeth Olsen is fantastic in the leading role.   Plus, you can't take your eyes off of her.  

• Upvote 3
On 12/27/2020 at 3:53 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

The Expanse is back and it’s awesome.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:57 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tonight's Episode of The Expanse was not only amazing, it had some of the best performances I've ever seen on Television.

Does the show get better after the first season.  Started watching Season 1 in the last week, and, so far, not impressed.  Too many disparate stories that are not coming together.  I find it hard to relate to the characters amid the multiple story lines. 

I will probably stick with it through season 1, but just curious if it gets better -- or maybe it is just not a show for me.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Does the show get better after the first season.  Started watching Season 1 in the last week, and, so far, not impressed.  Too many disparate stories that are not coming together.  I find it hard to relate to the characters amid the multiple story lines. 

I will probably stick with it through season 1, but just curious if it gets better -- or maybe it is just not a show for me.

Thanks for saying this.  My family could not get through two episodes.  I had recommended the series after reading glowing reviews here.  Needless to say, I got torched for it. lol

Anyway, yeah, does it get better?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

@IndianaJet @JetPotato Restarted Disney this weekend.  Just could not wait any longer to watch WandaVision.  

Watched every available episode.  Definitely lived up to the hype.  What a complex story.   Really anticipating this week's season ender.

My only quibble is that Kathryn Hahn (who I normally like) is too over the top as Agnes Harkness.  But Elizabeth Olsen is fantastic in the leading role.   Plus, you can't take your eyes off of her.  

Really does take Olson to another level as a actor. She has been fantastic in this series. So impressive.

And yeah, she's pretty beautiful. Still throws me off though. Back in my 20's when I lived in the city, I lived on the same block as Mary Kate Olson. Whenever I saw her, it was a spectacle with her and her bodyguards. And I always just felt for her because she just looked so unhealthy all the time. Elizabeth looks like them too a bit, so it sometimes invokes those images in my dopey head.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Lith said:

It does.

I'd say the high-water-mark is season 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
31 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Really does take Olson to another level as a actor. She has been fantastic in this series. So impressive.

And yeah, she's pretty beautiful. Still throws me off though. Back in my 20's when I lived in the city, I lived on the same block as Mary Kate Olson. Whenever I saw her, it was a spectacle with her and her bodyguards. And I always just felt for her because she just looked so unhealthy all the time. Elizabeth looks like them too a bit, so it sometimes invokes those images in my dopey head.

I can only imagine the swarm of press around the Olsen Twins.  To my eye, Elizabeth is more classically pretty than her sisters.  But I can totally see how that previous experience would stay with you.

As for the show:  I love how they have weaved in so many intricate story lines.   A bit of goofiness here and there.  But overall very well written and acted.   And as I said before, dead perfect depictions of the old sitcoms down to the theme songs and lyrics.

7 hours ago, Lith said:

7 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks for saying this.  My family could not get through two episodes.  I had recommended the series after reading glowing reviews here.  Needless to say, I got torched for it. lol

Anyway, yeah, does it get better?

Yes. First  couple of eps are....slow and disjointed.  But think about how trash tye first couple of GOT eps were. 

Its the last decent sci-fi around.... Give it a chance. I even got my Hallmark Christmas Movie loving wife into it. 😆 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. First  couple of eps are....slow and disjointed.  But think about how trash tye first couple of GOT eps were. 

Its the last decent sci-fi around.... Give it a chance. I even got my Hallmark Christmas Movie loving wife into it. 😆 

So if it sucks I get to kick your ass?  Okay, maybe not your ass as you'll snap my spine like a dry twig.  But I will come here and stare at you very, very sternly.  Okay?

Will give it a shot, JE1.   Thanks for the clarification.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

So if it sucks I get to kick your ass?  Okay, maybe not your ass as you'll snap my spine like a dry twig.  But I will come here and stare at you very, very sternly.  Okay?

Will give it a shot, JE1.   Thanks for the clarification.

LOL. Nah, I hope you enjoy it, but I get how some tastes must be acquired. 

• Upvote 1

Shockingly, the new Superman show on CW was pretty good. Whole family (including 2 pre teen boys) sat and watched the pilot like it was 1988. I know... CW, right?

They may well ruin it,  but we got almost 2 hours of actual heroic, good guy Superman. 

Yeah, there's team drama (It is CW), but it was actually well done. 

Finally got my wife to watch Peaky Blinders.   That show is excellent.

And... with the kids, old school original Muppet Show (now on Disney)

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, chirorob said:

Oh man. When I saw they had the old Muppet Show, I jumped right to the Steve Martin episode. Scrolling through, there were so many amazing guests. It's hilarious at times. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Oh man. When I saw they had the old Muppet Show, I jumped right to the Steve Martin episode. Scrolling through, there were so many amazing guests. It's hilarious at times. 

It really is funny, and the guests are great.

The Harry Belafonte episode is great.   Harry loved Jim Henson, and performed at his funeral.

22 hours ago, chirorob said:

One of my top five, 

• Upvote 1

Just chiming in to say the season finale of WandaVision was a complete mess.  Story was all over the place, with a clumsy attempt to tie up all the loose ends in a limited amount of story space.  Plus, too many dumb, cheaply staged "action/fight scenes".   After the last few episodes (which were tight and captivating)I expected better.

• Upvote 1

For All Mankind is incredible and I'm all about it so long as they keep making it. Maybe the best political show I have ever seen but I am a bit of a NASA junkie so I am biased in that regard. Can't recommend it enough. So well done. Joel Kinnaman always seems so hit or miss in every role he gets but this one is perfect for him.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:47 AM, JetPotato said:

Just started Banshee. Seems a bit over the top, but fun. Anyone seen the whole series? Wondering if it is worth sticking with.

1st 3 seasons are great. Last one good but kind of a letdown.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

For All Mankind is incredible and I'm all about it so long as they keep making it. Maybe the best political show I have ever seen but I am a bit of a NASA junkie so I am biased in that regard. Can't recommend it enough. So well done. Joel Kinnaman always seems so hit or miss in every role he gets but this one is perfect for him.

I've been a space nut since as a kid in the 60s.  Really want to see this show.  Your recommendation is sealing the deal.  Guess I need to get a free trial to Apple TV.  Anything else on there worth a subscription?

14 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I've been a space nut since as a kid in the 60s.  Really want to see this show.  Your recommendation is sealing the deal.  Guess I need to get a free trial to Apple TV.  Anything else on there worth a subscription?

The Morning Show and Defending Jacob are easy enough to digest. Solid "my wife is making me watch TV with her again" shows to get through.

So when I had COVID last October and was isolating for two weeks I started watching all the old westerns. Gunsmike, have gun will travel, wanted dead or alive, rawhide and maverick in H&I and INSP

Late at night it was metv and Mannix, Cannon and barns by Jones, early morning was dragnet and leave it to beaver. And get smart, Ed Sullivan show and I love Lucy on the decades channel.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BP said:

So when I had COVID last October and was isolating for two weeks I started watching all the old westerns. Gunsmike, have gun will travel, wanted dead or alive, rawhide and maverick in H&I and INSP

Late at night it was metv and Mannix, Cannon and barns by Jones, early morning was dragnet and leave it to beaver. And get smart, Ed Sullivan show and I love Lucy on the decades channel.

As a kid, Get Smart was an obsession.  Never missed an episode.   Top five TV comedy of all time.

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As a kid, Get Smart was an obsession.  Never missed an episode.   Top five TV comedy of all time.

I was laughing my ass off. He goes to China to meet a control agent and he keeps bowing and bashing his head against the table. And the cone of silence. The chief was a great straight man. He committed suicide back in the 70’s.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 9:17 AM, munchmemory said:

Ted Lasso is a great show.  It's a feel good comedy that's not going to make you ROLF, but it's really well written. 

• Upvote 1
Mantis
Godless
Missing
Barry
River
The Sinner
Terror
Killing Eve
Fargo
Punisher
Alienist
Penny Dreadful
Fargo
Taboo
Unabomber
Mindhunter
Happy Valley
Broadchurch
DCI Banks
Bodyguard
Marcella/Backland
ABC Murders
An Inspector Calls
Luther
Criminal UK/Spain/France/etc.
Ted Lasso
Hannibal
Prodigal Son
The Killing
The Investigation
  • Upvote 1

I'm three episodes into the French action/thriller Lupin on Netflix.   I like its fast moving pace.  Well written and acted, with a stand out performance by the lead actor, Omar Sy.  Watching the show in subtitles, which allows me to see that I have not retained my French very well.  7-8/10

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I'm three episodes into the French action/thriller Lupin on Netflix.   I like its fast moving pace.  Well written and acted, with a stand out performance by the lead actor, Omar Sy.  Watching the show in subtitles, which allows me to see that I have not retained my French very well.  7-8/10

That keeps popping up for me--I may need to put it on the list.  

• Upvote 1