TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

On 4/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, Philc1 said:

Give it a shot bro.  24 was brought back with a sort of miniseries a few years ago and it was better than the final season

Maybe we finally get the manhunt the original series finale should have had

On 4/14/2021 at 9:26 AM, Dcat said:

Yes indeed.  The one with Jack Bauer in London.  It was excellent. But hey brought back key characters like Audrey (and then they kill her off for like the third time in the series), William Devvane and more.  

I'll give it a shot because Dexter was a great show right up until Deb learned what he was.  After that it was 100% total sh*t.  The only way to do this correctly is to have Deb take over the "ghost" Harry role.  They can pop her in and out like they did Harry.  That could actually work.  A ghost who curses like a sailor.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:23 PM, Philc1 said:

I’m not going to type spoilers but the stuff I’ve heard sounds interesting.  I don’t mind seeing Dexter with a new group of supporting characters it will be different 

I won’t give it away but the plot very much reflects present day.  The world has changed a lot in 8 years

It has been revealed that Jenn Carpenter will play a regular role as Dexter's sister (in apparition form, like Harry was).  She is going to be a central character on the show and in Dexter's life in the new series.   Thankful for this as she was the best character on Dexter by leaps and bounds. She's back and this show might actually be a success and good because of that.

Also, there will be an appearance by John Lithgow as Trinity (but probably as an apparition also since Dexter sliced him up pretty well in Season 4.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssss!  

Finally got around to watching BB.  Am about 10 episodes away from the finale.  Just absolutely love the series.   Can't wait to now embark on Better Call Saul, who along with Mike, Gus, Jesse and Wal

It's almost time

Posted Images

On 1/28/2020 at 10:11 AM, PCP63 said:

Honestly, not too high on Mr. Robot. Stopped watching midway through season 2. The character just got ridiculously annoying. I'm all for weird, mentally ill characters, but the whole show was just way too crazy. With that said, that was almost 4 years ago, so perhaps my tastes have changed. Maybe I'll give it a re-watch.

Anyways, anyone watch wacky shows like Sick Note or Future Man? Enjoy those a lot. Same with Dirk Gently. Honestly, Elijah Wood is quickly starting to become one of my favorite actors, even though he bored the hell out of me in LoTR. Wilfred was ******* brilliant, as is Dirk Gently. 

Hell, I'd like to see him somewhere in the new Hitchhiker's Guide TV series. He seems a perfect fit for any Douglas Adams/Terry Pratchett universe.

Its been a short while since I loved a show.   Just watched season 1 of Dirk Gently.  Good show and an amazing finish to season 1.  

I think if people like Lost they will like this even though they are not related at all.  I agree about Elijah Wood. 

I hope they keep it going season 2. 

• 1 month later...

Started American Rust last night.  2 episodes in.  A poor man's Mare of Easttown (which was fantastic), same kind of setting, this one in western PA.

Pretty good, depressing, lots of mullets.  Jeff Daniels got old.  Maura Tierney also got old but tried to fix it and had a bad plastic surgeon.  Used to be so cute.  

Just age gracefully please.  

I'm five episodes in with this season of Succession.  As someone who really appreciated the previous seasons, anybody else finding this one so far a bit meandering and toothless?   It's going nowhere with the cast left with not much to do.  Hoping it picks up, but I wish they would wrap up the story.  Yeah, I know it was picked up for another season.   I think that's a mistake.

Just finished American Rust.  Jeff Daniels plays such a great character.

Lots of plot twists/cliff-hangers left unsolved.  I'd definitely watch another season.

In the middle of Season 4 of The Sinner.  Bill Pullman also plays a great charachter (yet odd quirky tortured).  Season 1 and 2 were great, 3 was a tad weird but 4 is back on track.  

On 9/22/2021 at 7:33 PM, Action Zachtion said:

Its been a short while since I loved a show.   Just watched season 1 of Dirk Gently.  Good show and an amazing finish to season 1.  

I think if people like Lost they will like this even though they are not related at all.  I agree about Elijah Wood. 

I hope they keep it going season 2. 

I think that is like 5 years old.  There was a 2nd season, but no 3rd.  I'm pretty sure these is no more.  I know that we watched it in 2019 or so and it wasn't new then, so it has been off for quite some time.