Jump to content

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***


greenwichjetfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, Peace Frog said:

Just started watching Money Heist. 

Maybe an old show with multiple seasons but in season 1.

The feme fetale is gorgeous. @munchmemory right up our alley.  

Just finished season four last night.  Some really dumb parts to this series.  But overall, very entertaining.  Looking forward to season five, when the story concludes.  According to Netflix, no season six.

And yes, Tokyo (Úrsula Corberó) is adorable.  Great character as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 12:09 AM, peebag said:

Saw the first 3 episodes of "the Offer".  Really fantastic.

Started it last night.  A bit of goofiness, but I like the series.  Great hearing the stories behind the making of The Godfather.   What an interesting career Ruddy had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 12:22 PM, IndianaJet said:

neither did I.

Thought the first two episodes were good, the middle episodes dragged on and the finale was OK...but not great.

I did not care for how Ozark ended. I did not necessarily prefer a happy or sad ending, I just wanted something more ..... definitive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 1:29 PM, maury77 said:

I did not care for how Ozark ended. I did not necessarily prefer a happy or sad ending, I just wanted something more ..... definitive?

Too funny, I was legit searching for this thread to share that I thought Ozark was an absolute smash from go and had one of the very best endings, like, ever!  lol

Like I legit, let out a "YESSSSS!!!!" 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Halo continues to be a slap in the face of anyone who happens to be a fan.

Been watching 24 now on season 5. Probably gonna power through the rest of the series and then switch back to Bosch.

Apparently a Bosch spinoff started called Bosch Legacy? No idea if it's any good or not though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, southparkcpa said:

I rarely watch TV….   Binge watching is for the weak.😂.  But Billions rocked until mid 8 season  3.  WTF???  Should I continue?

I've been done with that one since season 3.  It must be unwatchable without Axe.  No Damian Lewis, no Billions AFAIC.  It was dying anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I've been done with that one since season 3.  It must be unwatchable without Axe.  No Damian Lewis, no Billions AFAIC.  It was dying anyway

To me, Billions was the best show on TV for years. Didn't watch any of the last season. Didn't Damian Lewis take a break to be with family or a health issue? Hope he will return......Billions w/out Axe doesn't work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Nolder said:

Halo continues to be a slap in the face of anyone who happens to be a fan.

Been watching 24 now on season 5. Probably gonna power through the rest of the series and then switch back to Bosch.

Apparently a Bosch spinoff started called Bosch Legacy? No idea if it's any good or not though.

24 is stupid fun.  I used to watch in when I was in Italy.  Every week a cliffhanger.  One week Chicago was facing a nuclear holocaust.  I missed the following week and when I got back to it (61 minutes later in their time) there was no mention or concern about whatever happened in Chicagp.  I lost interest at that point.

Bosch Legacy is basically the same show only he is a P!.  Seems okay, but no J Edgar and the daughter is a cop, so if you don't like her you're in trouble.  More o her and Mimi Rogers.  My wife guessed he was going to lose the house pretty early.  We'll see where it goes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Nolder said:

Halo continues to be a slap in the face of anyone who happens to be a fan.

Been watching 24 now on season 5. Probably gonna power through the rest of the series and then switch back to Bosch.

Apparently a Bosch spinoff started called Bosch Legacy? No idea if it's any good or not though.

Does the writing on Bosch get any better after season 1?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

24 is stupid fun.  I used to watch in when I was in Italy.  Every week a cliffhanger.  One week Chicago was facing a nuclear holocaust.  I missed the following week and when I got back to it (61 minutes later in their time) there was no mention or concern about whatever happened in Chicagp.  I lost interest at that point.

Bosch Legacy is basically the same show only he is a P!.  Seems okay, but no J Edgar and the daughter is a cop, so if you don't like her you're in trouble.  More o her and Mimi Rogers.  My wife guessed he was going to lose the house pretty early.  We'll see where it goes.  

I watched 24 when it was first coming out for a couple seasons and then I stopped and kind of forgot about it. I'm just going back now and rewatching it all. First couple seasons are really intense but afterward it's kind of the same old thing. Terrorists gonna terror and Jack Bauer will save the day with a little torture and off the book help from his friends.

3 hours ago, peebag said:

Does the writing on Bosch get any better after season 1?

I haven't finished Bosch I think I'm on season 4 right now.

I would say it's been pretty consistent up to what I've seen so if you didn't enjoy season 1 you probably wont like season 2 or 3 either. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Full disclaimer here I am a huge Breaking Bad and Saul fan. I'm seen both series multiple times. I've been rewatching some early BB episodes while having to do some traveling for work, and I finally realized a really huge plot hole. 

Walt does not have a PhD, and the story seems to be that he doesn't finish his graduate program after his falling out with Gretchen and Elliot, and that's why he has to settle for being a high school teacher. But, here's the thing; Walt's research while in graduate school contributed to a Nobel Prize, and then he went on to be a co-founder for an enormously successful multibillion dollar company. There is absolutely no way in hell, with those two things on his CV, that universities wouldn't have been jumping at the chance to hire him. That's an insane demonstration for landing both funding and well-published research. He would have been recruited the second Gray Matter became so successful and likely even before that.

Now you can definitely say that Walt's ego is what never let him chase any of that, but GIlligan never portrayed him that way on that specific character trait. It was always a portrayal of Walter as taking what job he could get prior to meth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched season 1 of Severance.

It was ok but, like From, I'd like some answers come season 2.

I'm not going to let a show drag me along for several seasons while they try to figure out WHY the weird things that they wrote into their show are happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Full disclaimer here I am a huge Breaking Bad and Saul fan. I'm seen both series multiple times. I've been rewatching some early BB episodes while having to do some traveling for work, and I finally realized a really huge plot hole. 

Walt does not have a PhD, and the story seems to be that he doesn't finish his graduate program after his falling out with Gretchen and Elliot, and that's why he has to settle for being a high school teacher. But, here's the thing; Walt's research while in graduate school contributed to a Nobel Prize, and then he went on to be a co-founder for an enormously successful multibillion dollar company. There is absolutely no way in hell, with those two things on his CV, that universities wouldn't have been jumping at the chance to hire him. That's an insane demonstration for landing both funding and well-published research. He would have been recruited the second Gray Matter became so successful and likely even before that.

Now you can definitely say that Walt's ego is what never let him chase any of that, but GIlligan never portrayed him that way on that specific character trait. It was always a portrayal of Walter as taking what job he could get prior to meth. 

Maybe he was discriminated against due to a handicapped son? Or, New Mexico?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Maybe he was discriminated against due to a handicapped son? Or, New Mexico?

New Mexico is poor, this is true. But not even an offer from UNM or one of the smaller schools out there? I find that hard to fathom.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

My son just told me last night's Saul is one of the best episodes ever.   Champing at the bit until later so I can watch it.  Sounds nuts.

I just watched the mid-season finale (awful non-sequitur).  Wow.  Just wow.  I can't wait until July dammit.  An episode for the ages.

(I think I have it figured out.) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

I just watched the mid-season finale (awful non-sequitur).  Wow.  Just wow.  I can't wait until July dammit.  An episode for the ages.

(I think I have it figured out.) 

What an incredible episode.  Completely shocked with the ending.  The flickering candle was a smart/effective way to transition into Lalo's insanity. 

Yeah, why make us wait until July?  I need to know how the story ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody watch Troppo?  It has Thomas Jane, one of the Punishers.  I just watched the first episode. It was kind of slow, but most of the reviews said that it would be and gets better as it goes on.  I liked it, but my wife fell asleep.  Then again, she always falls asleep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just caught the finale of Better Call Saul. Wow. I never felt that Howard deserved all the vitriol that he was getting from Saul and Kim. Of course it wasn't their fault what happened, and we kind of knew something had to happen to him given that it's a prequel, but man that was something. An amazing episode from beginning to end. 

The final 6 episodes are gearing up to be nuts. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Just caught the finale of Better Call Saul. Wow. I never felt that Howard deserved all the vitriol that he was getting from Saul and Kim. Of course it wasn't their fault what happened, and we kind of knew something had to happen to him given that it's a prequel, but man that was something. An amazing episode from beginning to end. 

The final 6 episodes are gearing up to be nuts. 

Mike is going to have to save their asses. Not sure how Mike manages the HH murder in Kim's place.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Okay, so it's an anime, and it's a few years old now, but finally got round to watching Kill La Kill. The absolutely insane plot basically races along at about 500mph,

Loved it. 

What's it streaming on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the back to back two episodes of George Carlin's American Dream.  Very wel done protrait of Carin and how he constantly evolved throughout his career, chronicling the highs and lows of his professional and personal life.  The man was brilliant, and even though he has been gone for nearly15 years, his observations on human nature and human weakness are as relevant and biting today as they were decades ago.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Just watched the back to back two episodes of George Carlin's American Dream.  Very wel done protrait of Carin and how he constantly evolved throughout his career, chronicling the highs and lows of his professional and personal life.  The man was brilliant, and even though he has been gone for nearly15 years, his observations on human nature and human weakness are as relevant and biting today as they were decades ago.

Carlin was a gifted linguist that turned into an angry, ungrateful, and bitter old crank. 

 

Totally overrated by a rabid fanbase, imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't really that shocked at what happened in the BCS mid season finale (trying to avoid spoilers here).  Great series, of course, but I've gotten to the point where I'm finding it hard to have any sympathy left for Saul and Kim.  There's been so much violence in BB and BCS that I'm not really surprised by any of it, especially anyone not from BB who dies.

The mid season delay is annoying. IIRC AMC took the last season of Mad Men and split it into two small separate "seasons" with many months in between.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I wasn't really that shocked at what happened in the BCS mid season finale (trying to avoid spoilers here).  Great series, of course, but I've gotten to the point where I'm finding it hard to have any sympathy left for Saul and Kim.  There's been so much violence in BB and BCS that I'm not really surprised by any of it, especially anyone not from BB who dies.

The mid season delay is annoying. IIRC AMC took the last season of Mad Men and split it into two small separate "seasons" with many months in between.

 

I think that's the point Vince Gilligan was after.  Kim's obsession with ruining Howard resulted in what we saw (won't spoil it).  They are no longer innocent and likable.

I can't wait until the black & white episode(s), which is where I believe we will all see WTF happened.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am fully enjoying new Stranger Things. They went full-on horror this season and really big on the 80s horror homages. I felt last season the story was getting a little stale but they turned it all around and this might be their best.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...